The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Soon to be an SVX owner (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40124)

Kelvin 08-07-2007 12:24 AM

Good luck. In good shape for 2 grand is a STEAL! It's way better than any honda or toyota you could get for 2 grand. Enjoy roasting lame ass ricers! :D

94SubieSVX 08-07-2007 07:13 AM

Quote:

The Body, is in excellent condition. All I noticed was one scratch on the driver side panel but nothing big. I have decided to purchase this car(Even though its FWD).

AWSOME!!! A new used SVX owner here.:)

green_eyed_lady 08-07-2007 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
good choice. My first was a FWD and I did love that car. Once I found that I really liked it I decided to buy an AWD too... I hope you have some fun and good luck!

Tom

Be warned, this is one of the side effects of SVX ownership. As Earl says,
"Betcha can't buy just one!":D :D :D

We'll be waiting to hear when you buy your second....:p

Wikedjuggalo 08-07-2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
Be warned, this is one of the side effects of SVX ownership. As Earl says,
"Betcha can't buy just one!":D :D :D

We'll be waiting to hear when you buy your second....:p

Might be awhile, I have another project car sitting in my backyard, a 1968 Mustang, which needs a transmission. But after that car I will defiantly look for a AWD SVX :)

SVXyGirl 08-07-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo
Might be awhile, I have another project car sitting in my backyard, a 1968 Mustang, which needs a transmission. But after that car I will defiantly look for a AWD SVX :)

That sounds familiar. :rolleyes: I have a 68 Cadillac that I am working on restoring and I still bought another SVX.;)

Welcome to the Forum!

94SubieSVX 08-07-2007 09:43 AM

My dad had a white '71 Mach 1 that was totally BA, with an emphasis on BA :D

PaulDexler 08-07-2007 09:27 PM

My SVX arrives on Monday

Actually, I will have to take the train 150 miles south to get it. I've been following the posts on the site since I decided to bite the bullet and actually get the car I have lusted after since I first drove a new one in '92. What I am getting is a pearl '92 LSL that has lived in Southern California all its life, ergo, NO RUST. It has 151K miles on it, tranny has just been replaced, as has the radiator. It was sold out of Lancaster, in the high desert, and actually sat on the dealer's lot for almost a year before it was sold. Then it racked up a lot of miles pretty fast, because up there the distances are long and the traffic (relatively) light. By the time it was smog inspected in 1998, it had turned 90K miles, and by 2000 it was up to 126K. So in the last six or so years, it has only been driven 24K miles. The person I'm buying it from had it since Jan. 2005 and drove it only 9,000 miles. There are a couple of little issues with the front seats that an upholstery shop can fix easily. The A/C has lost its Freon from disuse. The remote control lock device is mashed, and the original keys are broken off. The sunvisors are shot. The leather across the top of the rear seat is cracked and tearing, due to being sun baked. The heat shields rattle. And there is a little dent/scratch on the left rear fender that needs to be touched up. I have driven it, and it pulls strongly. I am looking forward to adding it to the rest of my white fleet, my '91 Alfa Romeo 164 and my '93 Mercury Capri convertible. Now I need to find a mechanic I can trust, and then get down to correcting the cosmetic problems and enjoying the car. Being as I am in the Los Angeles area, and it is hot here this summer, I will probably work on the A/C first, then tackle the other problems as they bug me. Any help, assistance, information, etc. etc. will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Kelvin 08-07-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulDexler
I am looking forward to adding it to the rest of my white fleet, my '91 Alfa Romeo 164 an

NICE dude! I almost bought a 164 once, I actually won it on ebay, went to pick it up, and the thing was trashed. The seller lied about the description. What a great sounding car though. I think they'd look pretty neat parked next to each other, since they have VERY VERY similar taillight treatments, and both have italian design. :)

Wikedjuggalo 08-08-2007 11:11 AM

Money Cleared

Well, Money has been transfer to my account >.> now I can go purchase the car. The guy offered to drive it into town and meet me at a Notary, he is also throwing in some I believe the Rear Rotor(New) and spare parts he bought, He has service records I believe and I will be posting pic's soon as I get the car and figure out how to use this new toy I got, a Variable speed Car Polisher :rolleyes:

Kelvin 08-08-2007 11:30 AM

Careful with that. I've seen a lot of destroyed paintjobs because people were getting crazy with polishers. Use the mildest compound you can, and DO NOT PUSH. Let it barely touch the surface. Personally I only dig using a polisher on a really simply design without many angles or concave surfaces. The SVX would be difficult to polish.

Wikedjuggalo 08-08-2007 07:50 PM

Yeah for now I am going to do a nice hand wash, I'll post some pics tomorrow when it is light out. I have gotten a carfax report and I am pleased with it, as you can see here Carfax report!
I was a little confused on the car it returned tho, it says LE not L or LS ? I love this car so much :O

edit: I also got some "Bonus" parts, 2 Rear Callipares(OEM ) and 1 Visor and also a Tale light part that is on the Truck lid :).
got my first redneck "Wtf is that ?" when filling up at gas station :)

Kelvin 08-09-2007 12:12 AM

FYI, it's caliper, tail light, and trunk lid or deck lid, not truck lid.

redsvx 08-09-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

got my first redneck "Wtf is that ?" when filling up at gas station :)

Prepare for lots of those .... :D

or ... from the young girl pumping gas at the local station ...
Quote:

'I love the way the gas cap works on this car ... cool!' :D :D

Wikedjuggalo 08-09-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvin
FYI, it's caliper, tail light, and trunk lid or deck lid, not truck lid.

Do forgive me I was very tired when I posted that :) But you got what I meant :D

redsvx 08-10-2007 08:03 AM

Quote:

Do forgive me I was very tired when I posted that :) But you got what I meant :D

Not to worrey ... bean theire dunn that ;) ...... WE all forgive you. :D :D :D