The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Headlight Protectors Commitment Page. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49564)

zavikan 03-20-2009 08:31 AM

Re: Headlight Protectors Commitment Page.

Come on John, throw your name on the list.

(hahaha, then you can keep the original pair in a glass box for museum display.)

kwren 03-20-2009 09:24 AM

svxcess 03-20-2009 09:37 AM

Large close-up photos of the headlight protectors installed can be found in my locker HERE

svxash 03-20-2009 12:32 PM

With the clear film over the headlights it should keep them from yellowing. The clear covers will still allow the lights to yellow thus making it to where you will have to buff them to keep them clear.

kwren 03-20-2009 02:32 PM

zavikan 03-23-2009 07:00 PM

1. Zavikan
2. Zavikan
3. Zavikan
4. Zavikan
5. Mike621
6. SVXMAN2001
7. SVXMAN2001
8. Green1995SVX
9. ensteele
10. ensteele

Bump! Keep in mind people, this list is already almost half way there! Dont avoid this b/c you dont think its going to get there! Support the aftermarket for this car!

Just so you people know, Kwren and svxash don't have any idea as to what they are talking about. What makes our lights go yellow is related to UV light, and absolutely NOTHING but a new UV coating would stop the lights from continuously yellowing. This coating is special, and must actually be applied using special UV lights (so its not something u do yourself). Look it up, dont take my word for it.

And certainly dont take their uneducated view on these protectors. :lol:

kwren 03-23-2009 07:48 PM

Alcyone 03-23-2009 08:42 PM

whats stopping you guys from getting some clear 3M plastic protectant or whatever it is, and just applying it to the headlights?
or has this avenue already been explored

1986nate 03-24-2009 01:34 AM

I'd be in for some tinted ones if I had the cash but there is just way too many higher priorities.

zavikan 03-24-2009 08:09 AM

79 year olds dont know what dorky is. Thats why they wear suspenders. :lol::lol:

No, just kidding. I am a little peeved that you would enter yourself into a discussion without adding ANY relevant information, just to discourage other people, and smoke screen the situation.

That would be like me going to your job interview just to pick my nose and flick them at your would be boss, claiming u did it.

Do you think that later, if you DIDNT get the job, you might want to point your finger at me and say a few choice words?

Your telling me you got finished with your drill SERGEANT without knowing how to actually SPELL sergeant?

LetItSnow 03-24-2009 08:22 AM

Sargent? :cool:

svxash 03-24-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavikan (Post 593526)

Just so you people know, Kwren and svxash don't have any idea as to what they are talking about. What makes our lights go yellow is related to UV light, and absolutely NOTHING but a new UV coating would stop the lights from continuously yellowing. This coating is special, and must actually be applied using special UV lights (so its not something u do yourself). Look it up, dont take my word for it.

And certainly dont take their uneducated view on these protectors. :lol:

The 3M film is UV stable and is made of material that keeps it from yellowing. If you polished up the lenses first wouldn't placing that directly on the surface of the headlight protect the lens from yellowing? The surface would be protected from UV and oxidation.

Mike621 03-24-2009 10:58 AM

Could we turn this back into an interest thread and away from a debate?

Could we also move this to the group buy section?

I AM interested. I would like AT LEAST one set for my car.

If you are NOT interested, you don't have to reply. Save any nonsense replies for this thread.

Anyone who has been to Reading in the past few years has seen John's headlamps and protectors and he has gotten MANY compliments on them. "Dorky" or not, we like them and would like to see them on our cars.

Let's get back on topic.:)

zavikan 03-24-2009 11:08 AM

1. Zavikan
2. Zavikan
3. Zavikan
4. Zavikan
5. Mike621
6. SVXMAN2001
7. SVXMAN2001
8. Green1995SVX
9. ensteele
10. ensteele

kwren 03-24-2009 11:36 AM