The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please don't laugh..but I have to ask... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6435)

benebob 10-14-2002 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
Pitt - ha!, i went to Penn State :D how 'bout those Steelers and Penguins - they redeemed themselves this weekend!

Yeah, most Penn Staters tend to laugh when Pitt looses. I simply ask who one the last time they played? I'll have that one for years!!!;)

Landshark 10-14-2002 06:34 PM

actually, i don't watch colllege football - just givin' you a hard time :D Penn State football has been pretty bad the last few years. GO STEELERS!!!

wasions 10-14-2002 11:58 PM

Sometime next week I'll hit 134,000.

I have never owned - no - I have never SEEN a car as reliable as this.

First, I am the car's original owner. I'm on my second set of tires, second set of brakes, second set of plugs, second belt, second rear transmission seal (the only seal I've ever had to replace), second passenger visor (oh, gee! Warrantee fix.), second driver window controls (another warrantee deal), first set of wheel bearings, first set of CVboots/joints, first transmission, first water pump, etc., etc. :rolleyes:

I've owned Fords, Chevy's, Dodges, VW's, Mitsu's, Nissans, BMW's, and others, along with about a dozen different motorcycles.

The SVX is BY FAR the most reliable, and quite possible the most economical vehicle I've ever owned.

Oh, there is one problem. Next week I'll be replacing my 27th (!) oil filter! :eek: I can hardly get three months out of the darn things! :confused: ;)

:cool:

Green1995SVX 10-15-2002 12:07 AM

Steve... how is the paint on the front of your car? Im beginning to think there was some sort of flaw in the paint process on my car... the amount of stone chips is INSANE!

Mike

wasions 10-15-2002 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Steve... how is the paint on the front of your car? Im beginning to think there was some sort of flaw in the paint process on my car... the amount of stone chips is INSANE!

Mike

Well . . . . . if I had some extra money, it'd have it's second paint job. ;) Coal trucks ran uncovered between home and where my wife works for about six months. There's not much paint left on the hood, and the whole car is pretty chipped up. On the other hand, as badly as it's chipped, there is no peeling or discoloration like I've had on other cars, AND NO RUST!

You're right that the paint is pretty thin though. It doesn't take much of a pebble to take it off.

Green1995SVX 10-15-2002 12:23 AM

That's exactly my problem! I live right next to a quarry, and if i go anywhere its usually behind an uncovered truck full of stones. Glad im not alone :)

Mike (130K on my 95 L)

Mr. Pockets 10-15-2002 10:27 AM

Re: Sometime next week I'll hit 134,000.

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
I have never owned - no - I have never SEEN a car as reliable as this.

First, I am the car's original owner. I'm on my second set of tires, second set of brakes, second set of plugs, second belt, second rear transmission seal (the only seal I've ever had to replace), second passenger visor (oh, gee! Warrantee fix.), second driver window controls (another warrantee deal), first set of wheel bearings, first set of CVboots/joints, first transmission, first water pump, etc., etc. :rolleyes:

I've owned Fords, Chevy's, Dodges, VW's, Mitsu's, Nissans, BMW's, and others, along with about a dozen different motorcycles.

The SVX is BY FAR the most reliable, and quite possible the most economical vehicle I've ever owned.

Oh, there is one problem. Next week I'll be replacing my 27th (!) oil filter! :eek: I can hardly get three months out of the darn things! :confused: ;)

:cool:

Thanks for posting that, Steve. My SVX is at 132k and, even with the (original) tranny acting up right now, I'll still call my SVX very reliable.

I won't go so far as to say that it's the most reliable car I've had, but it is very well-built and depandable.

The 'flaws' Landshark quotes are arguable. The transmission is not one of them. Anybody who pays attention around here knows it's the cooling, not the transmission. And even stock they last a long time if you take care of them and don't thrash the car.

Landshark 10-15-2002 04:48 PM

Re: Re: Sometime next week I'll hit 134,000.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

The 'flaws' Landshark quotes are arguable. The transmission is not one of them. Anybody who pays attention around here knows it's the cooling, not the transmission.

sorry, its the cooling, NOT the transmission. but the paint is THIN!!! my '87 Lesabre T and '87 928 had much better looking paint than my 10 year newer '97 SVX. i find new chips every week, and i don't do alot (hardly any) highway driving, nor do i live near a quarry! the new Subies are the same.

Green1995SVX 10-15-2002 06:46 PM

Same thing here. I have an 86 cavalier which had absolutly no stone chips on the original paint job. It even took getting hit by stones that were kicked up by a truck doing a burnout on a gravel driveway in front of my car... broke the headlights and the windshield, but didnt chip the paint anywhere. :)

Mike