The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   should i fix her or get another and keep her for parts ? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58687)

aust92pearl 11-21-2011 06:12 AM

Re: should i fix her or get another and keep her for parts ?

so does anyone know if the manual setup (pedals etc ) for a dual range gen 3 2000 lib/ leg (i guess outback too cos they are the same thing with a bit of extra plastic on them :rolleyes:)

will work with an 06 wrx box , i know i would probably need a solid flywheel and wrx clutch kit for the wrx box and matching rear diff, mainly just wondering if pedals will work with both

as well as the lib driveshaft (its a wagon and apparently is the right length for it )

im thinking i will fit the dual range box in #1 and see how it handles the power then get a wrx box if it goes bang :rolleyes:
and it can be the modded pearlie :rolleyes:

and il keep #2 factory stock :cool:

icingdeath88 11-21-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aust92pearl (Post 691449)
so does anyone know if the manual setup (pedals etc ) for a dual range gen 3 2000 lib/ leg (i guess outback too cos they are the same thing with a bit of extra plastic on them :rolleyes:)

will work with an 06 wrx box , i know i would probably need a solid flywheel and wrx clutch kit for the wrx box and matching rear diff, mainly just wondering if pedals will work with both

as well as the lib driveshaft (its a wagon and apparently is the right length for it )

im thinking i will fit the dual range box in #1 and see how it handles the power then get a wrx box if it goes bang :rolleyes:
and it can be the modded pearlie :rolleyes:

and il keep #2 factory stock :cool:

The WRX trans will want hydraulic clutch pedals. I don't know if you can use the one with the other.

aust92pearl 11-21-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 691455)
The WRX trans will want hydraulic clutch pedals. I don't know if you can use the one with the other.

oh ok damn, well i guess i could do it anyway and then swap clutch setups when i get the other box :rolleyes:
thanks icing

Conn SVX 11-21-2011 03:16 PM

And they are duel range trans. ? We have a Legacy run here also. motorcycles ( an Organization I belong to American Legion Riders ) rides to raise money for children of Vets killed in war time . It pays the education for his children .

aust92pearl 11-21-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conn SVX (Post 691470)
And they are duel range trans. ? We have a Legacy run here also. motorcycles ( an Organization I belong to American Legion Riders ) rides to raise money for children of Vets killed in war time . It pays the education for his children .

yes most are a dual range trans
http://offroadingsubarus.com/images/...or_14-4-07.jpg
this pic is a brumby i think but same idea the lever beside the handbrake is the high/low range selector

oh ok fair enough

93tzlegacy 11-23-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 691455)

all aus spec boxes from liberty and some from impreza after 96 are hydraulic, the only difference between turbo and non turbo is the rubber hose and the slave cylinder. the 06 wrx uses the same style of clutch as the non turbo anyway, if you want the better pull type clutch you want a turbo box from 94 to 05, after that they cut the good clutches from the line up of all 5 speed cars, only 6 speeds used the pull type clutch.

icingdeath88 11-23-2011 08:53 PM

I just thought of something. You guys are right-hand drive right? That would probably make putting hydro pedals in a lot easier.

93tzlegacy 12-07-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 691603)
I just thought of something. You guys are right-hand drive right? That would probably make putting hydro pedals in a lot easier.

yeah ;) mine has a hyd clutch setup in it.