The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Convesation at Airport Today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5846)

seasvx 09-14-2002 02:43 PM

similar experience / different venue

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
The look on her face was priceless...
Good Story!

Five of us form the Northwest Forum ended our 8/24/02 "ONE-LAP AROUND THE CASCADES 2002 SVX SUMMER TOUR" at the Triple XXX Drive-In, where they have a Cruise-In every Saturday night during the summer. On that warm summer evening, there were classics (Packard / Cadillac), rods (Ford coupes / roadsters), 50's customs (ground-hugging Merc's / 55 Chevy's), muscle (Vette's / Mustangs), a '67 XKE, two Honda 2000 sports cars and a Mark II Ford Cortina Lotus!

In this company of automobilia, we lined up the five SVX's and went over to the picnic tables for our root beer floats. After a while..., people milling around all the other cars start drifting over to the SVX's (!), peering in the windows, walking slow laps around the cars, giving them consideration. One guy was heard to explain to his un-appreciative companion "..they really are quite rare". Ernie went over to one and gave him the six-bit tour; even got the guy behind the wheel. (Only reason I knew that he wasn't about to close the deal on the guy was that Ernie had just driven it home from the 10A meet several weeks before! If not for that, I think he'd have made a sale!)

In the rarified air created by all those esteemable wheels, I loved that people turned their attention to our SXV's as well! Felt good driving home!

SVXphile 09-14-2002 04:51 PM

Passion

<Trooooo romance! My style - Ron>

Now I understand how you have managed to pass my post total....

.....down boy! :rolleyes: Don

newsvx 09-15-2002 02:29 PM

I used to work in Rosslyn, VA - just across the river from Georgetown in Washington, DC. The cost for parking there was $120 per month. Fortunately, the company picked up the cost of parking ....

LarryIII 09-15-2002 06:27 PM

Re: Passion

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<Trooooo romance! My style - Ron>

Now I understand how you have managed to pass my post total....

.....down boy! :rolleyes: Don

Don,

You need to buy 'Box-O-Posts'. by the truckload.

Aredubjay 09-15-2002 10:48 PM

Re: Re: Passion

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Don,

You need to buy 'Box-O-Posts'. by the truckload.

Yes, but then Ron would counter with a flurry of drinking salutes, called (get ready to groan) Post Toast -- ies. :rolleyes:

Boone 09-15-2002 11:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Passion

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yes, but then Ron would counter with a flurry of drinking salutes, called (get ready to groan) Post Toast -- ies. :rolleyes:

Hmm.. and then the puns would start... jeez, the post toast posties. :p

ensteele 09-15-2002 11:37 PM

What about Captin Crunch??? :confused: ;) :)

Aredubjay 09-16-2002 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
What about Captin Crunch??? :confused: ;) :)
Cap'n Crunch is a *rank* cereal. :D

SHISVX 09-16-2002 12:26 PM

RANDY YOU DOG!

picking women up at the airport....*nudge nudge*

YOU GO BOY!!!

Kelli

cute story BTW;)