The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One More Time!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2655)

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 08:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: seriously randy......

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

I had this problem on my transmission with the 2 to 3 shift and it was the TPS. After I replaced it the problem went away. You may want to check out the TPS. You can find it in the how-to personal locker. It may be worth a try.

The first time I had this happen, they diagnosed it as a faulty TPS (after burning up the High Clutch in diagnosis and after about 13 days later :mad: ). I would hate to think that my TPS was out AGAIN (took me 11 days to get the darned thing in). I'm scheduled to take it in for diagnosis "sometime this week." We're expecting snow, though, and therefore, I won't take it in until AFTER that. :D

1994SubaruSVX 02-04-2002 11:01 AM

jesus what a mess........

the only thing i want to get squared away is this nagging oil leak and my cv axle woes. otherwise the car is fine. taking her in tomorrow. we will see what happens?!:rolleyes:

Aredubjay 02-04-2002 11:39 AM

Re: jesus what a mess........

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
the only thing i want to get squared away is this nagging oil leak and my cv axle woes. otherwise the car is fine. taking her in tomorrow. we will see what happens?!:rolleyes:
Best of luck, Leo. Hope it all gets sorted out, once and for all.

1994SubaruSVX 02-04-2002 11:47 AM

yeah me too......

owning an svx is like life, the bull**** never ends!!

svxeno 02-04-2002 05:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: seriously randy......

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

I had this problem on my transmission with the 2 to 3 shift and it was the TPS. After I replaced it the problem went away. You may want to check out the TPS. You can find it in the how-to personal locker. It may be worth a try.

Thanks for the advice. I have travelled down this road. We checked the TPS and it is fine. Not only that but now these units cost just over $200.00 from both the dealer and NAPA auto parts.

I was really convinced and hoping it was the TPS.

Randy (damn!) ii

svxeno 02-04-2002 05:24 PM

Re: Ooops...sorry..

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
..I completely forgot to find out about Jasper tranny. We had a tech quit last week and my normally busy schedule just got enhanced. ;) I haven't even had time to buy the car I was talking about a couple weeks ago.

Beav

Beav,

Jasper shows nothing on their site for Suby's. I called today and they state they do not have Suby xmissions. You knowin' somethin' we aint aknowin"?

Randy (Inquiring 1/2 wit wanna know) ii

Beav 02-04-2002 09:35 PM

It's a wonder I ever get anything out with my foot always in my mouth

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

Beav,

Jasper shows nothing on their site for Suby's. I called today and they state they do not have Suby xmissions. You knowin' somethin' we aint aknowin"?

Randy (Inquiring 1/2 wit wanna know) ii

I kinda jumped the gun I guess. Due to our proximity to them, we use a number of their products where I work. On the day I made mention of them I had just tripped over their site. Not recalling ever having a problem with their products, I made the post. I suppose I should have said it would be worthwhile to see if they remanufactured transmissions for Subies, yadda, yadda, yadda... Sorry to stir everything up, I guess only half my brain was engaged that morning.

Beav

Aredubjay 02-06-2002 10:03 AM

I dropped her off this morning. :( I am miserable. :( I don't wanna think about it. :(

SVXphile 02-06-2002 10:42 AM

Randy's blues

Break out the Wild Turkey when you get home.

It won't make things better, but at least you will forget about it for a short time.

(hic) :( :D Don

Aredubjay 02-06-2002 11:29 AM

Guess What.

It's snowing. :(

SVXphile 02-06-2002 06:47 PM

Snow white...

Yep...its snowing here too. Started just after I got home from school. Just a couple of inches so far; we will probably have a two hour delay for school tomorrow. Jean gets to do White Oak Mountain going into work tonight, but the Impreza has Guardex's so she should do just fine....

....a few angels riding shotgun also helps.

:) Don

Seraph 02-06-2002 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I dropped her off this morning. :( I am miserable. :( I don't wanna think about it. :(
If you can provide another car, I'll loan you mine -- if that helps

Lwin

Beav 02-06-2002 07:44 PM

It's not even sticking to the grass here, although the weather service is calling for 1-3 by morning.

Beav

SVXphile 02-06-2002 09:06 PM

Snow....sleet....rain...fog

Well, I just got back from taking Jean to work. Figured it was getting a bit bad out there and since she could ride back with a friend in the morning, I would not have to go back over the mountain. A few Jeeps and 4x4 trucks were the only things out there on the way over; on the way back there was a T-bird in a ditch. No way THAT car should have tried the mountain tonight. The road was completely white, no scraper or cinders, about two inches of snow with sleet on top. I don't care what anyone says....Impreza's are great bad-weather cars. Having good ice/snow tires doesn't hurt either. :) Don

Aredubjay 02-06-2002 09:24 PM

Maybe it'll be out by then.

Well, the snow stopped, no accumulation. Let's hope it don't snow overnight. I had to drive the company Production Van home (full size Ford Panel Van). It would not be a good "Snow-goer." Not a peep from the Tranny shop. Thus ends day one. Will live in hope for tomorrow. :(