The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mason Dixon Dragway - Test-n-Tune - Saturday, June 25th! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26204)

SVXelerator 05-17-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Hey, Svxfiles isn't in the same class as me...he's forced induction, I'm still n/a. My money will be on him as well. ;) :p

-Chike

Mr. Chike,
Isn't the skill of the driver part of the equation? Isn't Mr. SVXFiles old enough to be your father? :eek:

Chiketkd 05-17-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXelerator
Mr. Chike,
Isn't the skill of the driver part of the equation? Isn't Mr. SVXFiles old enough to be your father? :eek:

The skill of the driver can be a major factor, but only in two equally matched cars. Put John Force in a Ford Fiesta and me in a 2005 Corvette, and I'll cross the finish line 1st every time in the 1/4 mile! ;)

I'm not going to answer that second question! :p :eek: :rolleyes:

-Chike

Uncamitzi 05-17-2005 07:40 PM

hmmmm

sounds interesting.... :D

Chiketkd 05-17-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncamitzi
sounds interesting.... :D

Come on down. This could be your 1st east coast meet... :)

-Chike

TomsSVX 05-17-2005 08:50 PM

sweet! I like racing

Tom

Matthewmongan 05-17-2005 10:59 PM

well since ive gotten the belt fixed (praying to the subaru gods that it stays fixed) and tom should be finished with the 4.44s this week (your the man tom) im in. gives me an opertunity to see the grand parents and get away from the insanity of salisbury. i havent decided weather im going to race or not, i dont want to break my toy before i break it in.

i must say tom let me drive his pearl with the 4.44 and that conversion makes for a hard contender. shifts are firm and responsive, the car feels 1000 pounds lighter, im going to look forward to driving down 70 up and down those hills with ease.

and to add to that back in november i had him order a bottle of glayva for my dad (xmas or something) never got a chance to pick it up from him because of car trouble. i had all but forgoten until he was like "you remember the thing you asked me about in november". good looking tom. to bad i didnt stop at the bank first the old man had to pay for half of his fathers' day gift. hahaha good times.

SSSVX 05-17-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Hey, Svxfiles isn't in the same class as me...he's forced induction, I'm still n/a. My money will be on him as well. ;) :p

-Chike

..... :D :D

Matthewmongan 05-18-2005 12:02 AM

tom did say his wife might want to race her car..... so their may be luck for you after all.

Chiketkd 05-18-2005 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
tom did say his wife might want to race her car..... so their may be luck for you after all.

Very funneh! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-18-2005 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
well since ive gotten the belt fixed (praying to the subaru gods that it stays fixed) and tom should be finished with the 4.44s this week (your the man tom) im in. gives me an opertunity to see the grand parents and get away from the insanity of salisbury. i havent decided weather im going to race or not, i dont want to break my toy before i break it in.

i must say tom let me drive his pearl with the 4.44 and that conversion makes for a hard contender. shifts are firm and responsive, the car feels 1000 pounds lighter, im going to look forward to driving down 70 up and down those hills with ease.

and to add to that back in november i had him order a bottle of glayva for my dad (xmas or something) never got a chance to pick it up from him because of car trouble. i had all but forgoten until he was like "you remember the thing you asked me about in november". good looking tom. to bad i didnt stop at the bank first the old man had to pay for half of his fathers' day gift. hahaha good times.

Congrats! Hope the swap goes great. 4.44's make a world of a difference!

-Chike

benebob 05-18-2005 02:00 PM

I think we're out as I seem to remember having something else going on that day. You boys are lucky. Wouldn't want any parts to fall off the race car and hit ya when we're 6 lenths ahead :eek: :D ;) .

Although for anybody interested in yet another drag meet there's always this. I think we'll be there as both Dave and I have a free voucher from last year's Easy Street day that got rained out.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/forum/...5&page=1&pp=10

SVXRide 05-18-2005 03:08 PM

Beaver Springs Dragway!! Wahoo! Sounds like just the place for BillyRayChikeBob to make a splash
:rolleyes: :cool:
-Bill

SVXelerator 05-18-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Beaver Springs Dragway!! Wahoo! Sounds like just the place for BillyRayChikeBob to make a splash
:rolleyes: :cool:
-Bill

Mr. SVXRide,
You are very funny :D . It would seem that Mr. Chike plays the theme song from Deliverance often while having his car worked on :eek:

Chiketkd 05-18-2005 07:40 PM

You guys are too funny! :D

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-24-2005 07:51 PM

Anyone else up for the drag race meet?

-Chike