The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   speedometer off (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6128)

pavanbabut 07-23-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
if anything OEM has been altered you are in a different ball park.

Regardin to the above line, as you can see in my siggie, I am having 4.44s in mine and the speedo error showed up from the time I had 4.44s in it. So, I think now I am ready to go with resetting needle. Before that i have to make sure I have good tires on both my front wheels.

thanks,
-Pavan

pavanbabut 07-24-2006 09:25 AM

BTW I got another doubt, even if we reset the speedometer pointer, does that mean it resets the other stuff from that point, that work on speed sensor i.e. total miles on odometer, speed sensitive wipers, cruise control etc???:confused:

thanks,
-Pavan

Trevor 07-24-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
BTW I got another doubt, even if we reset the speedometer pointer, does that mean it resets the other stuff from that point, that work on speed sensor i.e. total miles on odometer, speed sensitive wipers, cruise control etc???:confused:

thanks,
-Pavan

No, the dial indicator is an entirely separate component.

pavanbabut 07-24-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
No, the dial indicator is an entirely separate component.

So u mean that the total miles will be same as now (more than the actual total miles) and the other stuff work same as they did now (ofcourse they will, but to make sure:p )??

Manarius 07-24-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Speedometer error is progressive, if you're off 4 MPH at 40 MPH, Then you'll be off 8 MPH at 80 MPH.

Every Subaru newer than 1990 I've owned has read faster than it is actually going, up to as much as 14% off, this also means the mileage is adding up more than you're actually driving, so you're not getting the gas mileage you thought you were either:(

4@40 is 10%, so you need to take 10% of your miles off before you figure you gas mileage, on the brighter side, your car has 10% less miles on it than you thought:D

Ditto on that. 90-94 Legacy's are off by about 10% on 14's. Jump up to 16's and that goes away.

Trevor 07-24-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
So u mean that the total miles will be same as now (more than the actual total miles) and the other stuff work same as they did now (ofcourse they will, but to make sure:p )??

Why are you calling for extra confirmation regarding a clear positive reply?:confused: I said and mean NO. :p I do not understand how you could relate other items with the mechanical operation of moving the position of a pointer on a spindle.