The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crazy SVX driver (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8708)

CigarJohnny 02-13-2003 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Johnny

What happens if you type a long post and change your mind by the time you get to the end of it? Do you retype it, or say to heck with it? :D Just wondered! ;) :)

You just say the heck with it, Earl, and hit the submit button. :)

Alan, I never had that problem with my Horizon. Mine was one of the early ones with the VW 1.7 engine and a 4 speed. No A/C. I dumped the crazy airbox they had on it, removed the catalytic converter, and slapped a cherry bomb glasspack right to the header and aimed it so it directed towrds the ground.

I got lousy mileage but it sounded cool to me (at the time), made a cool fire show under the car at night if you were behind it to see (especially when shifting), and ran like heck. Eventually I replaced the glass pack with a 2" exaust and it still ran great and got much better mileage. I could get rubber in third gear and once had it at 117 on the highway (racing a Cadillac - beat him too). With 3 people in the car I could still smoke a Charger 2.2. That car was the most fun I ever had. With some high-pressure KYB gas shocks on it I could not bottom it out and used to jump it on every bridge I could get air off of. Once had the tires 2 feet off the ground with 4 people in the car and it always landed like a cat. It eventually died from abuse (duh) and I traded it in for a 626.

Thanks for bringing back some fun memories :)

Landshark 02-13-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
You just say the heck with it, Earl, and hit the submit button. :)

Alan, I never had that problem with my Horizon. Mine was one of the early ones with the VW 1.7 engine and a 4 speed. No A/C. I dumped the crazy airbox they had on it, removed the catalytic converter, and slapped a cherry bomb glasspack right to the header and aimed it so it directed towrds the ground.

I got lousy mileage but it sounded cool to me (at the time), made a cool fire show under the car at night if you were behind it to see (especially when shifting), and ran like heck. Eventually I replaced the glass pack with a 2" exaust and it still ran great and got much better mileage. I could get rubber in third gear and once had it at 117 on the highway (racing a Cadillac - beat him too). With 3 people in the car I could still smoke a Charger 2.2. That car was the most fun I ever had. With some high-pressure KYB gas shocks on it I could not bottom it out and used to jump it on every bridge I could get air off of. Once had the tires 2 feet off the ground with 4 people in the car and it always landed like a cat. It eventually died from abuse (duh) and I traded it in for a 626.

Thanks for bringing back some fun memories :)

those memories were nightmares for me - i wanted to beat that car to death with a baseball bat and send it off a cliff in flames. rattle rattle rattle! i did 'get some' in that car, though ;) my back hurts just thinking about it.

cxt2001 02-13-2003 08:10 PM

IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding'