The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "Top Gear" in Alabama (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37493)

svxistentialist 02-17-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
As much as I love the show, a lot of what they do is really fake.. sometimes blatantly. Like the one where he shoots a rocket at the flying car, fake. Episodes where cars crash into something and blow up in huge fireballs, fake.

but entertaining.

That does not sound fake to me.

The cars have got big bottles of petrol inside, and a spark ignition system. They are bound to go up in a huge fireball. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just like the movies.:p :D

Trevor 02-17-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
That does not sound fake to me.

The cars have got big bottles of petrol inside, and a spark ignition system. They are bound to go up in a huge fireball. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just like the movies.:p :D

Dead right Joe. :)

No wonder when a football player plays hurt, to bluff the referee, we call it a "HOLLYWOOD". :D :p :D

svxistentialist 02-17-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Dead right Joe. :)

No wonder when a football player plays hurt, to bluff the referee, we call it a "HOLLYWOOD". :D :p :D

I'm surprised to hear you say that, coming from the home of the All Blacks.

We both know that real football players, the ones who play with the oval ball, they only go down if it's a Lady's Choice.

The other types are just poncy prima donna oscar chasers, not real men.

;) :D

Trevor 02-17-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised to hear you say that, coming from the home of the All Blacks.

We both know that real football players, the ones who play with the oval ball, they only go down if it's a Lady's Choice.

The other types are just poncy prima donna oscar chasers, not real men.

;) :D

Joe, N.B. Football is football.

Rugby is Rugby and they can/do, run with the ball, as long as they remain standing. :D The round ball lot would be knocked out in a lady's netball match, Aust/N,Z. :rolleyes:

svxistentialist 02-18-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Joe, N.B. Football is football.

Rugby is Rugby and they can/do, run with the ball, as long as they remain standing. :D The round ball lot would be knocked out in a lady's netball match, Aust/N,Z. :rolleyes:

Agreed;) :D ;)

GreenMarine 02-19-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
Don't worry folks, it was staged.

Was it really?? I watched the whole episode last night and I could totally see that happening in some parts in the south... Probably not in Raleigh, NC but in the deeper south I'm almost sure it could happen :)

As much as I don't like the fact that someone is putting down America, I have to admit, almost everything he has been on about is a valid point... But I absolutely love it when Jeremy goes on about fat Americans and how American cars can't go around turns properly... And ya can't really take what he says to be serious either... I mean he rips on everyone... My absolute favorite ones are the Sat-Nav in the Mercedes that only goes to Poland :p:p

svxistentialist 02-19-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Was it really?? I watched the whole episode last night and I could totally see that happening in some parts in the south... Probably not in Raleigh, NC but in the deeper south I'm almost sure it could happen :)

As much as I don't like the fact that someone is putting down America, I have to admit, almost everything he has been on about is a valid point... But I absolutely love it when Jeremy goes on about fat Americans and how American cars can't go around turns properly... And ya can't really take what he says to be serious either... I mean he rips on everyone... My absolute favorite ones are the Sat-Nav in the Mercedes that only goes to Poland :p:p

Where does the fuzzy-headed beanpole get off, dissing on Americans, and stuff??:mad:

:D

You do have to take him with a pinch of salt. He goes on about Ferraris being the best thing since fried bread, and American cars being rubbish, but still he owns one of the new Ford GTs that does about 2 miles per gallon.

And he is not wrong about Sat-Nav. I'll give you a laugh. A bunch of us bikers were in Clare in the West of Ireland. One BMW rider had SatNav, and queried it for a route to Sligo, about 70 miles NW of us. It hummed and whirred and burbled for ages, and eventually came back with a route.

It recommended we travel 120 miles East to Dublin, get a ferry to Liverpool England, travel 100 miles North to Scotland, take the ferry from Stranraer to Larne and Belfast, then drive 110 miles West to Sligo.

????

:eek:
:D

Needless to say, we thought about it and discussed it for a while, before deciding to take a less scenic and shorter route.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So we are mildly sceptical about SatNav

Joe:)

NikFu S. 02-19-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by British Broadcasting Corporation
:(

Hocrest 02-19-2007 07:54 PM

Yeah, I think their still holding a grudge over that whole Revolutionary War thing :rolleyes:

Yeah well, we won, let them keep their silly show :p :D

Andy 02-20-2007 12:18 AM

LINKEY

ensteele 02-20-2007 12:30 AM

Thanks for the link, we want to be able to see it if we are discussing the show. :) :)

Landshark 02-20-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX

agreed! excellent post, and best wishes.

b3lha 02-20-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

You do have to take him with a pinch of salt. He goes on about Ferraris being the best thing since fried bread, and American cars being rubbish, but still he owns one of the new Ford GTs that does about 2 miles per gallon.

He returned the Ford GT and demanded his money back. :mad:

svxistentialist 02-20-2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha
He returned the Ford GT and demanded his money back. :mad:

Are you serious?:eek:

Andy 02-20-2007 03:11 AM

It spent most of its time in the workshop so he sent it back. He now has a Lambo convertible.