The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Every member please check in here! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22044)

Calijade11 01-28-2021 02:44 PM

Re: Every member please check in here!

Checking in! Hi all.... long time no talk.

ensteele 01-30-2021 09:24 AM

Welcome back. :)

densvxer 02-21-2021 06:32 PM

My 92 Svx was totaled by a drunk driver in the snow 8 years ago parked in front of my house. White truck crunched it up into the sidewalk. What a shame... Loved it... miss it... Put plenty of money into it... Re: trans heat issues that This web site guided me to resolving with extra cooler and automatic trans shift kit available some 10 years ago. I had flirted with going to a manual 5 speed clutch set up about the time My sweety got totaled. Loving All SVX owners wish I was still a part of the few....

Heyoca 06-04-2021 11:19 AM

Hello from Christiansburg VA this time. Used to be Bishop CA.

I have one of several SVXi in town. Number 5247 09/91. I have owned her approximately six years. In that time I have only racked up a paltry 4000 miles. She currently sits at 126,700 or so on the clock. Still has the automatic, and we will get into that when I begin a maintenance log.

Currently being brought back to daily driver status. Many things have been done recently. Rear Bearings, Trans Mount, MAF, a window regulator, a TCU. Yes many things, but many things due to the fact that. At some point in the cars life it was hit and... she leaks! Yes after being back and forth to CA and moving the car out here where it rains. Yes it rained inside the car and took out the TCU and many other fun things. Fun things happen when you are on the road for work. Like someone stealing the car and driving it on dirt roads >.> But more history latter. This one has some history.

This is not my first Subaru, over the years I have owned approximately 25. I have loved every one of them. This is however my first and only SVX. I hear they are like Australian backpackers however. Let one crash on your couch for a day and you have four more in a fortnight.

Currently I still have my 1983 BRAT... that I bought in 1996. A lifted Loyale, with a 2.2 swap and all the toys. A 1994 Legacy wagon. This is my daily driver and has racked up 322,000 on the clock trouble free. And then we have the Outbork. a 03 Outback that we use as the family bus.

I am rather serious about my fleet and I do have to thank you all for your wonderful posts and helpful tips.

Thank you very much.

jkp 07-02-2021 07:37 AM

Hello from Rochester NY ..... any other SVX in the area ?

Selexim 11-10-2021 10:43 AM

Good day. I'm from just north of Nashville TN. Just purchased my second SVX from a seller in Christiansburg VA and starting to get it prettied up with the wife. Looking forward to getting it back to factory (ish) and strutting it around.

It's an 1994 svx L in red. I have been looking at an SVX for a while and jumped on this one the moment I could. May not be the perfect example but I have the time and space to work on i ( my wife might have talked me into taking the plunge as well). did a full tune up and checked all the lines (replaced several cooling and power steering lines due to slow leaks) Paints badly faded but that will be fixed this winter. First we are replacing the brakes and rebuilding the calipers. Then I will get the cosmetics done.

My first SVX was a 92 in purple when I was alot younger. Found it at a buy here pay here when I needed a daily driver. I loved it but when the transmission let go I spent all my money on trying to fix it and not enough on payments and it was repossessed. Still regret letting that one go and I hope I find it some day again.

This is the only Subaru I currently own. The rest of the fleet consists of a 94 ranger, 87 f150, 06 mustang, and 87 wagoneer.

Mike621 12-08-2021 09:44 AM

I’m back.

Took delivery of a 1991 SVX Version L, RHD, formerly belonging to Green1995SVX. Excited to be back in the half windows club again.

Mike

lhopp77 12-08-2021 12:17 PM

Still kicking in mountains of New Mexico. Also still have 4 SVXs-2 runners and 2 parts. Parts cars are mostly just for private stock.

SVX_MY_BABY 12-08-2021 01:06 PM

Welcome back Mike. Also "Oldtimer"

BobSVX96 04-17-2022 04:50 PM

Hi all. New member. Just purchased second SVX. Green '96; 66k miles. Memphis, TN. Excited to have an SVX back in the garage. Appreciate future help with parts & advice. Currently seeking AMR radiator. Thanks.

LarryIII 04-17-2022 07:17 PM

Welcome to our SVX family, Bob.