The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mason Dixon Dragway - Test-n-Tune - Saturday, June 25th! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26204)

Uncamitzi 06-24-2005 07:58 PM

I'll see you folks there!!

Mitch is excited...!!! His first meet back here!!!!! :D :D :D

Yep... it's a digital 8.... It works... :cool:

n00b on demand 06-24-2005 09:32 PM

Just got to Tom's house...he's actually sitting right here mwahahaha....see everyone tomorrow

NikFu S. 06-25-2005 10:09 AM

Excited and I'm not even close to you guys.

I just want to see SVX drag racing. :D :D :D

svxfiles 06-25-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Excited and I'm not even close to you guys.

I just want to see SVX drag racing. :D :D :D

We all had a real good time, I couldn't stop myself from feelin fine!

It was a GREAT meet! :D

8 SVXi, 1 XT6, 3 Toms, 2 Bens, 1 Bill, 1 Matthew, 1 Mitch, 1 John, 1 David, 1 Diana, 1 Nick, and 1 Chi ke(Bob).

94 degrees F, humidity, about 320%!

I felt so bad for "the fastest Tom", I had to let him win. :o

NO MEET MONSTER!! :D :cool:

Pictures and video later, Tom.

benebob 06-25-2005 05:43 PM

Fun times. It was great to put some faces with some online names. Must remember in future though if you don't know a name Tom is a very good choice! Weather was to say the least a little on the warm side. Kinda glad I didn't ride the bike down as the heat would've gotten to me on the way home.

It looks like the next mid atlantic meet will be the end of July 30th and 31st at the Cumberland Airport Autox. The SVX race car will be there sporting a fresher AWD tranny, no more coolant issues (thanks to SVXfiles- I owe ya a case of beer! Maybe we can send Hocrest to the Yingling brewery for some fresh brew before our trip down), no leaking rear struts (at least one thanks to SVXride- you just get a good drive in the racer :D ), new 10lbs seat and harness and finally cut front springs in the rear since you can really never get too stiff :eek:

Hope everybody had a blast and the trip home wasn't too bad from the Mexican food for those with longer drives.

Subafreak 06-25-2005 06:55 PM

Times?????? :d

SVXRide 06-25-2005 07:04 PM

Ditto what Ben said!!
Got back in time to get Austin from his week at Scout camp - the car felt no ill effects from its 2 runs (other than turning the odo over to 189k+ on the drive home :eek: ). It would have been nice to have gotten the 3rd run in, but I didn't have a whole lot of confidence that they were going to get to my turn in the next 30 minutes...
Funny thing is that I came across my copy of the Road&Track SVX guide and I don't think they were running their 1/4 mile test in 94 degree temps (15.4@92.5...yeah, right....).
-Bill (must correct over rich condition....must correct over rich condition.....)

svxfiles 06-25-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subafreak
Times?????? :d

It is now 9:04 :mad:

TomsSVX 06-25-2005 07:17 PM

my best time in the 94 degree weather with a heat index of 500 degrees was.....

15.234 @89.73 mph. It was my 3rd out of 4 runs... oh and by the way for those of you curious... It is official.Look at the signature

Tom

Subafreak 06-25-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
It is now 9:04 :mad:

A little tense there arn't we smart a$$ :D

You gonna let that slow shifting, naturaly aspirated SVX beat you??? :eek:

TomsSVX 06-25-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subafreak
You gonna let that slow shifting, naturaly aspirated SVX beat you??? :eek:

Excuse me?? I ground my second and 3rd gears today because the car could not keep up with my shifting..Slow shifting :rolleyes: ;) Anyway, I had a blast.. I just hope pics and video come up tonight :D BTW the meet monster may have claimed my rear diff but I will know for sure soon enough, it is not dead yet

Tom

Subafreak 06-25-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomssvx
Excuse me?? I ground my second and 3rd gears today because the car could not keep up with my shifting..Slow shifting :rolleyes: ;) Anyway, I had a blast.. I just hope pics and video come up tonight :D BTW the meet monster may have claimed my rear diff but I will know for sure soon enough, it is not dead yet

Tom

I didn't say YOU were slow shifting, just the the tranny. ;)

TomsSVX 06-25-2005 07:32 PM

Oh...

Where are the pics?? video??? i wanna see them!!!

Tom

SVXRide 06-25-2005 07:39 PM

Since I think I was probably the slowest SVX racing (okay, so there is a point where you can only do so much with a stock engine/trans with 189k on it :rolleyes: ) here are my times with the related info:

Run #1
~1:10 pm, ~91-93 deg F
16.054 sec with a trap speed of 86.66 mph
60' time = 2.458 sec
Left the car in 2nd and launched at 2,000 rpms

Run #2
~1:22, ~91-93 deg F
16.036 sec with a trap speed of 86.13 mph
60' time = 2.428 sec
Left the car in 1st and launched at 2,500 rpms

The car had about 7/8 of a tank of gas (probably not a good idea - heavy!) and I did remove the spare tire. Everything else was "stock" weight-wise (okay, so I was running my RX-7 rims....)

Would have tried leaving it in "D" and launching at 2,500 rpms if I hadn't had to leave....

I'll leave it to the two Toms to post the fasTar times.... :D

-Bill (wishing he had brought a large bag of ice....)

n00b on demand 06-25-2005 07:39 PM

We made it back to toms house in 4 hours flat...stopped for fuel along the way too....when we got into jersey we actually saw a claret....i cought it out of the corner of my eye so we stopped and left network cards on the car. Not even 5 minutes later as were driving....a black SVX passed us by going in the opposite direction. 2 sightings on the way back from a meet :D