PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd annual DRAGON meet is coming... May 16-18!

Porter
04-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Yes, the third annual DRAGON meet is coming up very soon in western North Carolina. Official date: May 16-18, 2003.

This is a national Subaru owner's event that happens to be held near some of the greatest drivers' roads on planet earth.

This year's event will also be a wedding, as two of the participants in last year's event are holding their vows in a Subaru themed wedding at the summit of the road we know as the Dragon.

See here for further details:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286060

Anybody free? Anybody interested? It's going to be fun, we expect around 150 cars this year from all over the country, including such diverse locations as Wisconsin, New Jersey, Maine, Louisiana, Missouri, and Michigan.

-Porter :D

Here's the aftermath thread from last fall's Dragon outing, including SVX action:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6115

Mr. Pockets
04-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Man I love the intentional misspellings of 'the' and 'there.'

Hysterical. :D

Porter
04-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Haha Nick installed software that does that for April Fool's Day. It should go back to normal tomorrow.... :D

huck369
04-01-2003, 01:17 PM
If I get my Binding issue fixed I might show up, it'll help me get over the fact that I'm not going to make it to Reading:mad:
Great roads down there.:cool:

Noir
04-02-2003, 01:25 PM
count me in on the dragon. looks better than the road through the smokies at the cherokee indian reserves.

immortal_suby
04-02-2003, 05:43 PM
I'll be there again, not sure if I'm bringing the screambox this year or not. I do have a brand new set of azenis that are waiting to lose some tread.

huck369
04-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Still working on my steering binding problem, :( but still hoping to be there.:cool:

GreenMarine
04-09-2003, 07:10 AM
I will really try to be there.. It sounds really good. I wanna meet up with Noir or Immortal Suby and travel up there together..... Sound cool??? Let Me know when ya are leaving!!!

Porter
04-16-2003, 06:29 AM
Anybody else coming? It's getting huge now...

We'll be doing a rafting trip on the Nantahala on Friday for the early birds, and there's an autocross in Maryville TN on Sunday that we're going to crash. Imagine a line of 50+ Subarus rolling up to a rural autocross... those people are going to crap their pants. :D :D

huck369
04-16-2003, 07:03 AM
Got my steering fixed, so if the wife doesn't veto it, I'll be there.

Porter
04-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Haha, cool! We'll be glad to have you. The Impreza and Legacy crowd always ooh and aah when SVXs pull up. I think they're jealous... :D :D

montypython
04-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Mmmmm. Since I couldn't make Reading this year, a road trip to NC seems very inviting. I'll have to check with the decision maker and get back to y'all.

Porter
04-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by montypython
Mmmmm. Since I couldn't make Reading this year, a road trip to NC seems very inviting. I'll have to check with the decision maker and get back to y'all.

There are others coming down from WI! If you're interested in coming, I'll hook you up with Phil and the crew. You may want to get together with them anyway.. they're rabid Subaru nuts.

immortal_suby
04-19-2003, 08:49 AM
They are going to go absolutely nuts when a 5 speed svx pulls in, Huck.
:D

huck369
04-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by immortal_suby
They are going to go absolutely nuts when a 5 speed svx pulls in, Huck.
:D
Maybe I can charge $5 a ride and make some money for a new ACT clutch....he...he..he..:D :D

Porter
04-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Haha, I'll buy you a beer at the very least!

GreenMarine
04-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Crashing that AutoCross in TN sounds really fun!!!!! If I was to go to that I would have to get outta there kinda early cause I have to be at Parris Island Rifle range the following monday at 0430 in the morning.... That's right, time to qual again....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ahhhh, well atleast it only takes a week..... I really will make it though

Porter
04-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Anybody else interested?

I know Abdominal_Snowman is coming too, that makes one more Pearly.

Porter
04-29-2003, 07:36 AM
BUMP!

Anybody else coming? It looks like the festivities are going to be even bigger than we thought! Bonfires both nights, cookouts, wedding reception, tag football, etc.

huck369
04-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Porter,
I've got some people from the XT6 board coming too.
So you need to bring your XT6 & your SVX :D he.he..

GreenMarine
04-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey Porter, if you need a driver for one of them..... Let me know!!!!! :D :D :cool:

Porter
04-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Anybody who's coming, come say hi on the Southeast Forum of NASIOC.com.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

We've got the official thread there of course, but also another thread for head count for the big group picture we're going to do... we'll be organizing the cars by color and taking high angle shots!

Registration is quick, come say hi!

To register on the forum:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/register.php?s=&action=signup

Porter
04-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hey Porter, if you need a driver for one of them..... Let me know!!!!! :D :D :cool:

Hehe, the XT6 has Impreza RS front suspension and XT6 2wd rear suspension... so it handles like a go kart with it's rear end stuck up in the air... very funny looking. Of course, it's hers and she won't let me rally it... which sucks because it's just begging to be wrung out on dirt. Boxer6 torque + AWD + electronically locking center diff = FUN.

GreenMarine
04-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Common man don't wave it under my nose like that:p :D ... Where are the keys?!?!?!?!?!!!!:D :D :D :cool:

GreenMarine
04-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Just signed up at NASIOC..... How long does it take to get that E-Mail to register??? I have been waiting for about 2 hours now..... :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

Porter
05-02-2003, 09:39 AM
The official DRAGON event schedule is now posted.

Check it out...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=355123

And for what it's worth, the official Dragon event thread on NASIOC southeast now has over 10,500 unique views. The same IP is never counted twice. It's going to be a PARTY, let me tell ya!

huck369
05-05-2003, 05:29 AM
Tee-minus 11 days and counting:eek:

Porter
05-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Here are a couple of pics from the pre-run this past weekend. The Maserati driver kept asking me questions about the SVX... "man, that thing is quick! I always wanted one of those! I may have to get one, will you help me mod it?"

I was like, "Dude, you have a MASERATI!" and he responded, "Yeah, but it's not as rare as the SVX!"

:D :D :D

http://www.baneverything.org/pictures/horizon.jpg

http://www.baneverything.org/pictures/convoy2.jpg

http://www.baneverything.org/pictures/convoy.jpg

http://www.baneverything.org/pictures/doggie.jpg

huck369
05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
1 week and counting!!:eek:

GreenMarine
05-09-2003, 07:03 AM
"Roger Houston, begin final checks..... Go or NoGo......... Brakes.......GO, Tires............GO, Engine..........GO, Tranny..............GO (maybe):D, Wipers.............GO................... We are go for departure to the Dragon!!!!! Final count down!!!!! 7..................................

immortal_suby
05-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Green, Are you driving yours or riding with Noir?
My directions -
Once you turn left onto Lynn Rd at bottom of first hill on right is Castleton subdivision. Turn right into there. Take left at stop sign. Take next 2 rights. First house on left on Lasso Lane is mine - #3 Look for a crappy white toyota parked out front and 2 shiny black svxi in the driveway. See you in a week.

GreenMarine
05-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Ok, I'm in a perdicament here..... Jarman (my buddy in Iraq) is comming back sometime next week.... I already told him that "Stalker" is his when he gets here.... I know he is gonna want to go see his family and stuff after 6 months in the desert.... So I am in the process of arranging a ride on the NASIOC boards.... I don't know how well it's coming along yet but there are a few people that can possible do it.... Sorry Matt, it doesn't look like I'l be able to convoy up there with ya to this event either.... :mad: :( ...... Well that's alright my Tranny from Smallcar.com is on it's way here now.... The first weekend in June N.C. is gonna have it's first 5 speed SVX (as far as I know)..:D :D :cool: ..... And after I get back from Australia in the end of July, there will be nothing holding me back from attending as many Subaru events as I can!!!!! I'll try to keep ya updated on my ride to the Dragon situation..... Later man!!!!

immortal_suby
05-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Thats cool - any way you can get up there will be good. See you in a week. Are you camping or staying in a hotel? Right now I have no plans other than throwing a tent and a case of beer in the trunk and playing it by ear.

GreenMarine
05-10-2003, 11:51 AM
(Official Count down!!!) ..........6.............

Yea, well I don't have any plans on where to stay up there... I am working more on the ride at the moment... I'll probably "Play it by ear" too..... If I make it there, something will work out.... Catch ya later!!!

GreenMarine
05-12-2003, 06:17 AM

GreenMarine
05-12-2003, 06:19 AM

Didn't get online yesterday so I had to post twice this morning.... :rolleyes: :cool:

GreenMarine
05-13-2003, 07:40 AM

huck369
05-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Roll For the "Dragon"

1. Porter
2. immortal_suby
3. GreenMarineSVX
4. huck369

Anybody else?

I know a couple friends from the XT6.org that are going to be there too (gotta support Subaru's FIRST 6 cylinder:cool: ), I'd almost drive the XT6 instead of the SVX...just to be different....but the drive down will be nicer in the SVX:D

GreenMarine
05-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by huck369
Roll For the "Dragon"

1. Porter
2. immortal_suby
3. GreenMarineSVX
4. huck369
5. Noir

Anybody else?

I know a couple friends from the XT6.org that are going to be there too (gotta support Subaru's FIRST 6 cylinder:cool: ), I'd almost drive the XT6 instead of the SVX...just to be different....but the drive down will be nicer in the SVX:D

GreenMarine
05-14-2003, 06:11 AM

immortal_suby
05-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Anybody have plans for how long they are staying/ where to stay yet/
(bringing tent - heading up friday after work and seeing what happens)

huck369
05-14-2003, 04:42 PM
We're in the Motel, friday and Sat. night.
Probably leave after lunch Sunday.

Porter
05-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Matt, there will be plenty of places to stay. Most people are staying in the hotel.

If you'd like to split a room with someone, post on the "Dragon Rooming/Rides Thread" on NASIOC Southeast.

A double room is $55 a night.

huck369
05-15-2003, 05:18 AM
Eeeeewwwww......I'm getting the Meet Jitters:D :D :D

immortal_suby
05-15-2003, 06:35 PM
It looks like camping will be out with the forecasted rain. I'll look into sharing a room with someone. Put new front brake pads on today and did an oil change. I'm ready to go.

Noir
05-15-2003, 09:20 PM
i'll be heading up and i have a civic sidekick that wants to come. i don't know if a nice lady friend of mine will be coming. i sure hope so :D. sorry for the late response. i knew greenmarine would post it for me :D. going to check boards now to see when the atlanta group is moving out tomorrow. if i can't make it with them (work first, play later :D) i'll drive up after work. c u guys there. i'll see if i can get a cooler filled with beer so we can have some cold ones when we get up to dry county lol.

remember i did not give chris the beer. he must have stole it out of the cooler when we weren't looking. :D

Noir
05-15-2003, 09:50 PM
can't log in :( guess i'll go up alone...doubt i can make that 1:30pm deadline.

Porter
05-16-2003, 05:58 AM
You don't need to log in to access the forums...

Just browse to

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

Here's the thread you need, directions and a map are there.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361763

immortal_suby
05-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Noir

remember i did not give chris the beer. he must have stole it out of the cooler when we weren't looking. :D

Chris steal beer?
Maybe wine coolers - but only Miss Marine would drink a beer.

svx1999
05-17-2003, 03:31 AM
Well yet another Meet goes by this year.
First reading because of SVX issues... Now the Dragon...
Guys sounds like it's going to be a blast.. HOpe you all have a grea time this weekend. I will have to leave my congrats and best wish's to the Brides and Grooms here...

Tue, however I should have my car back, but only after a nasty repair bill is paid... #$%@!$^%&$#@#$%#@ subaru.....

The parts Bill was enough..... ughhhhhhhh...... TOo much..

This is mainly drive line work. front Axle, rear bearing, a sensor..

Except for, it's also time for some TUne up stuph...
Wonderfull........
This should be a cleaning of TB, injectors and all that. Filters, Plugs. I need to get the grocery list of what should be done at 120k..

SO the Meet monster struck me down.............

Hopefully the Dragon shall Return..

Best to ALL
SVX1999