PDA

View Full Version : In need of some rim advice

SVX10
07-23-2001, 01:02 PM
I'm thinking about getting some 17" wheels. I have found a site where I can get 4 17"x7.5" Konig 5 spoke rims for $480...I find that to be a pretty good deal for rims (if anybody can tell me where I can find cheaper rims, I'm always up for a bargain). But, I want to know what the offset HAS to b (I know stock is 55mm, but I want to know what is necessary for the well being of the car/bearings). If anybody can give me some info, I'd appreciate it. I did a search, but I didn't find the infor I was looking for, so I was hoping somebody might be able to post it here. Thanks!
Mat-1

Aredubjay
07-23-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SVX10
I'm thinking about getting some 17" wheels. I have found a site where I can get 4 17"x7.5" Konig 5 spoke rims for $480...I find that to be a pretty good deal for rims (if anybody can tell me where I can find cheaper rims, I'm always up for a bargain). But, I want to know what the offset HAS to b (I know stock is 55mm, but I want to know what is necessary for the well being of the car/bearings). If anybody can give me some info, I'd appreciate it. I did a search, but I didn't find the infor I was looking for, so I was hoping somebody might be able to post it here. Thanks!
Mat-1

Hey, "10", did you do the search on this board, or the Yahoo forum? I know that there has been a wealth of discussion on the Yahoo forum. Go to the "Archives" and do a search on "offset." You'll probably get more information than you'll ever want.