PDA

View Full Version : there is a gecko in my SVX

nickhawaii
03-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Aloha gang!

Those of you familiar with the lovable gecko will know the sound I am talking about -- that chirping noise geckos are so fond of making when they are not selling auto insurance. My little gecko chirps from under the front of the car whenever the doors are closed or if I am going over uneven pavement -- which is to say all the darn time here in lovely Honolulu.

If anyone has any ideas as to what the source of the chirp is (other than a gecko) I am all ears. Sube tech has replaced motor mounts, front struts, and rear differential bushings, says trans mount is OK. (could he be full of it?) I just know that once this little problem is fixed she will be tight as a snare drum again.

Beav
03-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Mine goes through spells of this also. It usually disappears when I have a few minutes to look for it. One thing that popped up was one of the radiator fan motors had a dry or dirty shaft that allowed it to squeak. Since I gave it a couple drops of oil I haven't noticed the noise. Maybe that was it, but I'm not yet convinced. I originally thought it was a plastic body part that was loose and rubbing but I never could find the source.