PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it?

JackleBaby
03-17-2003, 10:18 AM
my husband wants to buy this '92 svx.... the dealer's asking $4900, but the car needs the axle fixed & a new ps box. i looked up the book value & it's only $3820, if even that, depending on how bad it really is. can you give me an estimate of how much it'd cost to fix... & how much do you think we should offer the guy?

p.s. the car's been on his lot for 2 years! wouldn't start, he had to put another battery in it, just so we could start it.

huck369
03-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Not enough info to give a ballpark price on it,
But...The axle,.. if he is handy with a wrench will cost about $75 for a rebuilt axle + labor.
I doubt the PS Pump is bad, it's probably just the O-Ring on the reserve tank, it's a common problem, but a 50 cent O-ring and 10 minutes and it'd be fixed.
Let the dealer think it needs a new PS Pump, to get him down on the cost:D

But we'd really need some more info to price it...Like
Model: Is it a LS or an LS-Tour? (the Tour has leather and sunroof)
Mileage:
Color:
Clear title?
Has it had paint work?
Are the wheels on the right side? :D (Yes there is a wrong side)
How are the tires?

You see where I'm going, it's very hard to say with out actually looking at the car in question.

But if you supply us with enough info we can maybe give you a close figure.

Aredubjay
03-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by JackleBaby
my husband wants to buy this '92 svx.... the dealer's asking $4900, but the car needs the axle fixed & a new ps box. i looked up the book value & it's only $3820, if even that, depending on how bad it really is. can you give me an estimate of how much it'd cost to fix... & how much do you think we should offer the guy?

p.s. the car's been on his lot for 2 years! wouldn't start, he had to put another battery in it, just so we could start it.

There is a person I know in Dallas who's owned a '92 since new. He's pretty well versed in the SVX and, perhaps, he'd go with you to evaluate the car. I could try and contact him, if you'd like.

JackleBaby
03-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by huck369
Not enough info to give a ballpark price on it,
But...The axle,.. if he is handy with a wrench will cost about $75 for a rebuilt axle + labor.
I doubt the PS Pump is bad, it's probably just the O-Ring on the reserve tank, it's a common problem, but a 50 cent O-ring and 10 minutes and it'd be fixed.
Let the dealer think it needs a new PS Pump, to get him down on the cost:D

But we'd really need some more info to price it...Like
Model: Is it a LS or an LS-Tour? (the Tour has leather and sunroof)
Mileage:
Color:
Clear title?
Has it had paint work?
Are the wheels on the right side? :D (Yes there is a wrong side)
How are the tires?

You see where I'm going, it's very hard to say with out actually looking at the car in question.

But if you supply us with enough info we can maybe give you a close figure.

mileage: 131,000
color: black

i guess its an LS-tour, but all it says on the back is svx... it has leather interior & sunroof. i don't know about the title & all that. paint's not too bad but the clear coat is peeling a little. i don't know about the wheels, i think the tires were ok. like i said, it's been sitting on the lot for 2 years. it still has the '01 windshield stickers.

JackleBaby
03-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

There is a person I know in Dallas who's owned a '92 since new. He's pretty well versed in the SVX and, perhaps, he'd go with you to evaluate the car. I could try and contact him, if you'd like.

that sounds cool. i'll get back to you on that... i gotta see what my husband says.

JackleBaby
03-21-2003, 01:00 PM
you people suck. maybe my husband was right.... i'm a girl and you fags treat me like i don't know anything.

mohrds
03-21-2003, 01:17 PM
you people suck. maybe my husband was right.... i'm a girl and you fags treat me like i don't know anything.

Did I miss part of this thread? I'm not really understanding why you would post that. There were some pretty basic questions asked, the same questions asked of ANY person new to SVXs.

What gives?

Doug

Landshark
03-21-2003, 09:06 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ron Mummert
03-21-2003, 11:28 PM

Wow! I love the smell of PMS in the morning!!

Ron (light loafers).

BoominSVX
03-23-2003, 03:51 AM
What the heck was that all about? It's like a tree in the middle of the fast lane on the highway. You were cruisin right along and suddenly SLAM, it comes out of nowhere. :eek: Did somebody PM her and say she was a moron, or did she just get in a fight with her husband and take it out on us? I hope she doesn't get that car. A woman with her priorities so out of wack don't deserve such a fine atuomobile. :D

alltrac
03-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Yo that ***** is whacked

JackleBaby
03-24-2003, 10:45 AM
ok... so i have PMS, right? well, i don't get ****ty when its that time of month, which by the way it isn't ;)

i already have the car i wanted, which looks a hell of a lot better than the svx anyway :rolleyes:

no, i didn't get in a fight with my husband either. :rolleyes:

it just pissed me off that people wanted more details on the ****in car & then no one said anything about it ever again.

so you guys can think whatever in the **** you want. i couldn't care less.

JackleBaby
03-24-2003, 10:49 AM
i figured you were a bunch of retards, the only reason i got on here is because my husband asked me to.

mohrds
03-24-2003, 11:21 AM
ok... so i have PMS, right? well, i don't get ****ty when its that time of month, which by the way it isn't ;)

i already have the car i wanted, which looks a hell of a lot better than the svx anyway :rolleyes:

no, i didn't get in a fight with my husband either. :rolleyes:

it just pissed me off that people wanted more details on the ****in car & then no one said anything about it ever again.

so you guys can think whatever in the **** you want. i couldn't care less.

Well actually, your last post was "that sounds cool. i'll get back to you on that... i gotta see what my husband says."

That certainly leads me to believe that everything was wrapped up unless we heard otherwise from you. We never did... Until your pissed off post.

Try to remember what you say you will do before going off on us for not doing what you wanted us to.

Doug

JackleBaby
03-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mohrds

Well actually, your last post was "that sounds cool. i'll get back to you on that... i gotta see what my husband says."

That certainly leads me to believe that everything was wrapped up unless we heard otherwise from you. We never did... Until your pissed off post.

Try to remember what you say you will do before going off on us for not doing what you wanted us to.

Doug

well, that was to the guy that said he knew someone in dallas & would get a hold of him if chris (my husband) wanted him to go look at the car with him :rolleyes: of course my husband didn't want some guy to go with him, so i didn't say anything. i guess maybe i should've posted "oh, well he doesn't want the guy to go look at the car, sorry, blah blah..." you're all a bunch of guys, you should've known the answer to that question anyway :rolleyes:

everyone can stay pissed at me, whatever.

mohrds
03-24-2003, 12:32 PM

well, that was to the guy that said he knew someone in dallas & would get a hold of him if chris (my husband) wanted him to go look at the car with him :rolleyes: of course my husband didn't want some guy to go with him, so i didn't say anything. i guess maybe i should've posted "oh, well he doesn't want the guy to go look at the car, sorry, blah blah..." you're all a bunch of guys, you should've known the answer to that question anyway :rolleyes:

everyone can stay pissed at me, whatever.

I was never pissed at you, just really confused. There are numerous times on this board where we have gone to look over prospective SVXs for people. I have done it. I've taken off of work and went and looked at an SVX for a guy I had never met. We are a close knit family here. If you have never driven an SVX, you can't tell if something feels unusual because you have nothing to compare it to. We know these cars inside and out, many of us have driven a dozen different SVXs so we know what feels right and what doesn't. Its that simple.

I wish you the best of luck with your car choice and if you ever decide to look at another SVX, we'll be here to help.

Doug

cbx-man
03-26-2003, 05:26 PM

jackle is pronounced jake-lee! get it right

How come it's not spelled jake-lee?
Jackle looks like it should be pronounced jackal:D which would be appropriate considering the vitriolic outburst.:mad:

Hopefully, good riddance is in order!

JackleBaby
03-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by cbx-man

How come it's not spelled jake-lee?
Jackle looks like it should be pronounced jackal:D which would be appropriate considering the vitriolic outburst.:mad:

Hopefully, good riddance is in order!

vitriolic outburst :rolleyes:

it's german. i'm not german, my husband is 1/8.

MoreIBNR
03-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Let me see if I understand this correctly - Jackle asks a couple questions, receives a couple answers including an offer to look over the car and give assistance and then she comes back insulting us!!!

What the Hell did you want us to do???

While this thread has certainly been entertaining, I have better things to do than listen to (read) some 20 year-old b***h insult us for nothing. Get a life and go join a group that has an interest in the car you bought. Maybe they will be more helpful.

Boone
03-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Hmm... echo...echo...echo...echo. :rolleyes:

Green1995SVX
03-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Woah i missed this thread. Yikes.

Mike

JackleBaby
04-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by MoreIBNR
Let me see if I understand this correctly - Jackle asks a couple questions, receives a couple answers including an offer to look over the car and give assistance and then she comes back insulting us!!!

What the Hell did you want us to do???

While this thread has certainly been entertaining, I have better things to do than listen to (read) some 20 year-old b***h insult us for nothing. Get a life and go join a group that has an interest in the car you bought. Maybe they will be more helpful.

i ALREADY had a car, the svx was my husband's thing. i've had my car for almost 3 yrs :rolleyes: you only wish you could have a car like mine. i have a life, unlike you guys who spend all your time on the "svx network"

anyway, here's my husband. you can ask him, i'm not a ***** :D

I GUESS MY WIFE DOES LIKE HER 3000GT. BUT LET'S GET REAL
THE CAR IS MUCH HEAVIER AND HAS NO LOW END TORQUE. 3.0 TWIN CAM'S MUST BE FOR GIRLS. COMPARE THE 3000GT'S 9.5 SEC
(automatic) TO THE ALL WHEEL FEEL 7.3 RUN! COULD WE SAY 6.5 ish WITH A 5 SPEED :eek: I CAN'T WAIT TO SUCK HER THROUGH MY VELOCITY STACK! ;) BUT I STILL LOVE MY LITTLE DAREDEVIL :)

wawazat??
04-03-2003, 09:58 AM
if you're 12 years old or in severe need of Prozac :confused:

SVXRide
04-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Woah i missed this thread. Yikes.

Mike

just too busy organizing Reading, huh Mike?:p

SVXdriver_007
04-08-2003, 02:55 AM
I missed most of this but my vote is for split personalities. lol

SVX10
04-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooo for Jack-lee. Get outta here already! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for SVX!
:D :D :D :D :D

scottsubarus
04-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Wow! she must be a treat to live with!!!

I belong to a few forums, Nissanfrontier.net, Ultimatesubaru.net,and an Impreza club.....all are just like this one, very helpful in answering newbies questions. Just getting an SVX in the family (we now have 5 subies at our house) I'm sure I ask questions that have been asked many times. I try to do a search 1st but needed info isn't always there. Keep up the great work!!!
Maybe her husband will trade HER in on the car

Scott
Omaha

JackleBaby
04-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by scottsubarus
Wow! she must be a treat to live with!!!
Maybe her husband will trade HER in on the car

NAH... he'd never trade me for anything, let alone an svx :rolleyes: which, by the way, he's not gonna get anytime soon.

i read all your cheesy replies, it got old pretty fast. that's why i choose not to read your bs or answer you back. so ANYWAY have fun workin your brains real hard to try to come up with some more degrading comments. if chris (my husband) wants info on the svx, he'll be on here himself.

and for the record, he'd never give this up:

alltrac
04-16-2003, 07:25 PM
she's ugly! I think she looks like the walking dead

scottsubarus
04-16-2003, 07:55 PM
I don't think she's ugly at all........just looks like VERY high maint!

Seraph
04-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by alltrac

ENOUGH!!!

I read this thread now. I normally skip the shop...

Jacklebaby,

I like the 3kGT but the car is not unique enough for me on the road. As for your SVX questions, those are the common questions that people ask....

If the car is sitting in a lot for 2 years and would not even start, I will definately ask someone here to help look at it first. Although SVXes are great in general, they do need regular TLC. I am on my 3rd SVX and I have looked at a fair share of SVXes for people. It is a free offer and the person is doing it out of kindness and you just came back saying we suck? That is wrong.

Try to drive a SVX for a week, trust me, you will want to trade in your 3kGT for it. I had my fair share of sports cars and SVX is the only thing I would get again.

AS for the people here:
What is going on here? I have never seen a bunch of people who are very quick at pissing people off and calling people names because they don't like what someone said. You don't call someone a ***** straight away or that PMS post was TOTALLY out of line!!! I did not take it lightly when Rob screwed up initially. I am not going to take it lightly when WE screw up either. She did make a mistake and without any reasons (at that time) said we sucked. Instead of asking her why and how we can help, we get some smart comment. What is this place coming to?

Ahhhhh! Lighten up guys... Not everyone like the SVX and not everyone is a SVX nutcase like us. Just don't get pissed at people for not being what we are. If everyone like the same car and drive the SVX, it will be boring and SVXes will not be special. Remember, they are not for everyone. Try to be nice ah?

Enough said... and this thread really piss me off.

JackleBaby
04-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

ENOUGH!!!

I read this thread now. I normally skip the shop...

Jacklebaby,

I like the 3kGT but the car is not unique enough for me on the road. As for your SVX questions, those are the common questions that people ask....

If the car is sitting in a lot for 2 years and would not even start, I will definately ask someone here to help look at it first. Although SVXes are great in general, they do need regular TLC. I am on my 3rd SVX and I have looked at a fair share of SVXes for people. It is a free offer and the person is doing it out of kindness and you just came back saying we suck? That is wrong.

Try to drive a SVX for a week, trust me, you will want to trade in your 3kGT for it. I had my fair share of sports cars and SVX is the only thing I would get again.

AS for the people here:
What is going on here? I have never seen a bunch of people who are very quick at pissing people off and calling people names because they don't like what someone said. You don't call someone a ***** straight away or that PMS post was TOTALLY out of line!!! I did not take it lightly when Rob screwed up initially. I am not going to take it lightly when WE screw up either. She did make a mistake and without any reasons (at that time) said we sucked. Instead of asking her why and how we can help, we get some smart comment. What is this place coming to?

Ahhhhh! Lighten up guys... Not everyone like the SVX and not everyone is a SVX nutcase like us. Just don't get pissed at people for not being what we are. If everyone like the same car and drive the SVX, it will be boring and SVXes will not be special. Remember, they are not for everyone. Try to be nice ah?

Enough said... and this thread really piss me off.

thank god there's still some sane people on the 'svx network.'
i have to agree w/ you on the 'if everyone likes the same car & EVERYONE drives one', it wouldn't be special at all. i like my car... yeah the 3kgt isn't as rare as the SVX, but it was the car that i wanted. it's my first & only car, and i wouldn't want to drive anything else. but i didn't come bash you guys for liking your SVXs. different people like different things. my husband likes the SVX, & it's totally cool with me. if he wants the SVX - he can have it.

i already apologized once, and after seeing how you people REALLY are, all i can say is: it's a really sad thing. that being said, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better knowing that you are a bunch of people that i don't have to be around in person.

JackleBaby
04-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by alltrac

thanks. :rolleyes: you're the ONLY guy that has ever said i was ugly. then again what you think doesn't matter, so keep your comments to yourself.

in my opinion you just made it blatantly obvious that you haven't gotten ANY in a long time.

MoreIBNR
04-17-2003, 05:13 PM
I guess I missed your apology - exactly where did you admit you were wrong and said "I'm sorry?"

Anyway, if you spent 15 minutes looking at some of the other threads, you would see that the people on this board are almost always very helpful - the exception is when someone gets nasty or demanding.

Lwin - If you just read this thread in its entirety, then I am afraid you missed some of the dynamics. The reaction from some members was quite understandable.

However the crack about how Jackle looks was out of line - no matter what she looks like. (I've met quite a few of the people on this board and almost none of should talk about looks

i already apologized once, and after seeing how you people REALLY are, all i can say is: it's a really sad thing. that being said, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better knowing that you are a bunch of people that i don't have to be around in person. :D :D :D

Seraph
04-17-2003, 06:43 PM

Lwin - If you just read this thread in its entirety, then I am afraid you missed some of the dynamics. The reaction from some members was quite understandable.

:D :D :D

I am not saying it is not understandable. It is. But I am trying not to make it a tradition here at the network. We just got one situation back on track, we don't need to start another (if you catch my drift).

Although it is understandable, I would like people to PM the person or ask nicely on the board than start the name callings which will make the situation worse. Try to avoid a bad situation is what I was trying to tell people. If told nicely, people tend to listen to you more in general.

:)

If anyone think I was out of line in my previous post, they are more than welcome to PM me and we can discuss this.

LarryIII
04-18-2003, 05:02 AM
Everyone,

I just read all the posts in this thread. I think we are being taken in by a preteen boy. The photo of the young lady may or may not be the original poster.

MoreIBNR
04-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Time to kill this thread

Seraph
04-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Time to kill this thread

I agreed!

GreenMarine
04-18-2003, 11:54 AM
All I know is let me meet a woman that acts like that person did in this thread... She will quickly learn that I don't play games when it comes to acting proper.... Everyone of her posts said that she didn't care or something to that affect, but yet she kept comming back.... When I don't care I just walk away...... Hey JackleBaby, if you want to harrass the people in my SVX family then you come through me.... When you are getting up all dizzy and wonderiing what that brick wall was that just hit ya, then you'll you know, Don't mess with my Friends and Family!!!!

And for the Record........ I don't know why you think that your car is the ****... It isn't... An Automatic 3000gt is so slow and handles like crap... Not to mention there are about 100 X more of them than SVX's on the Road!!!! You're a looser, Go Away...... Or in the words of AOL 7.0 "Good Bye" :D :D :D

Landshark
04-18-2003, 01:43 PM
here she is in 5 years. :D

SVXRide
04-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Mike, Randy....help! Time to shut this thread down - I don't think there is anything constructive going on (Lwin got it right and GreenMarine is about to go postal - not a good thing!)

Seraph
04-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Landshark
here she is in 5 years. :D

That was not nice!!!! And Randy is no longer the moderator here.

The only people that can do that are:

Chris, Colin and Mike.

SVXRide
04-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Lwin - thanks for the correction. I only brought Randy's name up for moral support:D

Green1995SVX
04-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Sorry. I was on vacation. :(

Mike