PDA

View Full Version : Reading meet agenda now available.

Green1995SVX
03-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Here is the agenda for the 2003 Reading Meet. :)

Friday April 11

6PM-?: Early-Bird arrival. Dinner drinks and meet/greet.

Saturday April 12

8AM-Noon: Welcome greet, meet, look at everyone's cars. (Photo Ops.)
Noon-5PM: Gimmick Road Rally, Tech Sessions. Trip to Lancaster Outlets and Antique Shopping near the hotel.
5PM-6PM: Group Drive to dinner. (Photo Ops.)
6PM-8PM: Dinner at Yoder's Resturaunt.
8PM: (Larry's bed time) Drive back to hotel for drinks etc.

Sunday April 13

9AM-Noon: Breakfast at the hotel. Goodbyes etc.

This info is also posted on the official reading meet website at www.subarusvx.org/reading

LarryIII
03-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Here is the agenda for the 2003 Reading Meet. :)

Saturday April 12

8PM: (Larry's bed time) Drive back to hotel for drinks etc.

Mike,

Early to bed, early to rise;
With a really hot woman;
That is no surrise.

Earthworm
03-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Here's just an idea to throw into the pot...how about everyone bring something (like a sign) to identify their car to it's owner.

Looking at 60 SVX's is nice and all but I would like to know who owns them. We can't all stand by our cars the whole time. :p

nubs
03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Earthworm
Here's just an idea to throw into the pot...how about everyone bring something (like a sign) to identify their car to it's owner.

Looking at 60 SVX's is nice and all but I would like to know who owns them. We can't all stand by our cars the whole time. :p

Just do like I did for the 10th meet. I printed out my info page from my SVX.org entry and mounted it on a piece cardboard.Then just stick it on the dash.:)

Ron Mummert
03-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by nubs

Just do like I did for the 10th meet. I printed out my info page from my SVX.org entry and mounted it on a piece cardboard.Then just stick it on the dash.:)

Did the name tag suggestion for the car's owners stick, or must we rely on tattoos?

Ron.

nubs
03-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Did the name tag suggestion for the car's owners stick, or must we rely on tattoos?

Ron.

Ron, my suggestion was to identify the cars.Name tags for the owners was your idea,I was not trying to take that from you.:D :D

Ron Mummert
03-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by nubs

Ron, my suggestion was to identify the cars.Name tags for the owners was your idea,I was not trying to take that from you.:D :D

OK - Then all owners will be required to remain in their cars until properly identified.

So there. Ron.

Subafreak
03-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Gimmick road rally? What the hell does that mean?

SVXRide
03-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Gimmick rally? Do I need to wear a helmet:p

benebob
03-18-2003, 08:49 AM
With 60 plus cars on a busy saturday we'll have trouble keeping everyone together on a cruise on backroads so we decided to try a gimmick road rally. Basically, you'll get a packet with driving directions and questions based on where you're going. It'll be encouraged to do it in pairs (that way everyone will get to spend some time with their fellow memebers). The co-driver writes down the answers and navigates the driver, well, drives and helps with answering the questions. Its not timed so speed isn't an issue, just paying attention and answering all the questions. I'll see that a sealed map is provided as well so that if you get lost you'll find your way back. Oh yeah it'll cost ya a penality if you don't have it sealed when you get back though.

As for a helmet. That's up to you but I doubt people will be pointed at your car then when they see ya driving with a helmet:D .