PDA

View Full Version : What day for a Northwest Meet?

WestCoastSVX
02-24-2003, 11:23 AM
As mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like a few people are eager to get together for a small casual meet in in the next couple weeks. :)

It could work out for as soon as this Saturday, but I figured we could post a poll to see what will work for people.

I would assume that if the results are "either date" or for a certain date and we do it that date, that the numbers on the poll should match the attendence. :D

ensteele
02-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Either is fine with me as long as we get together! :)

svxtremist2001
02-24-2003, 06:09 PM
**** ya! Let's get this party started right quick!!!

Alycone
02-25-2003, 01:25 PM
The sooner the better, I just got my camera and scanner fixed. :D

CDG
02-25-2003, 06:37 PM
I want it this Saturday Mar 1st, cause I've only got plates on my car until Monday Mar 3rd.

Plus I would like to know what time on Saturday, as me and my Girlfriend have kids(with other people) and will need to offload them early, but not too early.

And I really need to find a cozy intimate place to stay Saturday night. Or my girlfriend won't let me go.
Remember, I just dumped her for almost 2 weeks to pick up the pearlie, and she's still not over that.

Oh, and somebody order some really nice weather, OK:rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX
02-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Chris - Check your email, I sent you my phone number and I'll try to get you some ideas on romantic places around here. My wife can attest to the fact that I have spoiled her in this way at least. :D I know some great places.

All - looks like I won't be able to make it this Saturday :(, but I think you guys should do it this weekend since Chris has paid money for the temp tag to make the trip just for this. :)

Have fun!

Strictly Subaru
02-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Depending on the time, and exactly where the meet is being held, I could possibly do late saturday because I'm helping a very stressed out friend move. (It seems like everyone is canceling out on her, but I assured her that I would help her..:) ) So, if all goes well, I should be done Saturday around lunch timeish?... However, I have Sunday completly off..... Is that an option?

If so many peolpe didn't cancel on her, I would have left early to meet you folks, but alas, I'm still a nice guy, so I'm going to help her out....:cool:

WestCoastSVX
02-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Yeah, after the last meet, I can back Dan up and say he is definitely about one of the nicest guys around! :) Anyone that would wake up early and drive 3 hours, only to have to immediately turn around because of a sick little girl, is definitely a nice guy with his priorities straight. :) And I know what a pain moving is, especially when people start backing out.

Hmmm you bring up an interesting option though. Sunday. I would actually more than likely be able to attend if it was this Sunday. I imagine Chris would be able to come from where he is staying and meet with us on his way back home too. Maybe meet for a Sunday lunch type deal then do whatever for the afternoon as long as people wanted?

What do others think?

ensteele
02-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Sunday afternoon would work for me as well. :D

WestCoastSVX
02-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Anyone against doing it Sunday?

I've given Chris some information on lodging (check your email Chris if you haven't already) and given me an idea. How about downtown Laconner for the meet? Last time I was there (staying at the Inn I recommended to Chris) there was a Shelby Cobra replica (I'm assuming) meet right there in the main downtown parking lot on the riverfront. :) In the rain even! (Cobras are convertibles)

It would be a nice place to meet, probably has a some good lunch options, Chris would be right there already if that is where he decides to stay, and there are some nice roads for a little fun on the way home. Earl's house is sorta near there as well, maybe we could stop by for a photo op on the way home with the rest of his fleet! :D

ensteele
02-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Sounds good to me! We could even drive up Chuckanut Drive for some good curves! :D

CDG
02-26-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow, sounds perfect, no I haven't checked my email yet....hang on......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: la la la hum hmmmm:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok, thanks for the Email Troy, I have made a reservation at the Wild Iris Inn for Saturday March 1st night, So sunday will be perfect for the meet. We get free breakfast, with our in-room hottub....no you can't join us, so don't ask, maybe for drinks before.:p

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you who can attend.

Thanks for the info Troy.

svxtremist2001
02-26-2003, 06:44 PM
I will be there if no rain. Never no, maybe I'll be there any way for this speshil occashin! Rain or shine yes?

ensteele
02-26-2003, 07:06 PM
I'll be there for breakfast, but I'll skip the hot tub. :D

svxtremist2001
02-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Watt times? I might be flying back from Madison Wisconsion if I go to the big SVX party they are planning friday nite. But will probably try to get to church here sunday morning. Will the meet be later after church time? Say noon or laater?

WestCoastSVX
02-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Wow we are putting this together one day at a time...:)

Hmmmmmmm What about high noon in downtown LaConner? The main part of town isn't that big so we'd probably be able to spot each other easy enough. If someone was more familiar with the area we could name a couple stores to park in front of or something.

Alycone
02-27-2003, 10:05 AM
I need to work sunday, will be at Mt. Ranier 'till noon, grumble. :(

ensteele
02-27-2003, 10:23 AM
I will try to figure out where the biggest parking lot might be there. High noon is fine with me. We just want to announce that if we decide that it the official time.

PS Bring your smelt jigs along. The are in! :D

WestCoastSVX
02-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Okay, right around noon it is! :D I have already sent a couple emails to that effect and told them if they want more exact detail, to check back here. (i.e., if you announce a specific parking lot)

ensteele
02-27-2003, 12:34 PM
There is a big parking lot that we could meet in. No store there, but it is the Yacht Club parking lot which would be a good place to start.

As you come into town, you will go through a couple of stop signs. If you take a right at a little food place and there is a sign pointing to "Marina"

Go about 2 blocks, and you will see the lot on your left. If you want my cell phone number, PM me and I will give it to you so I can help you find us if needed.

Meet there at 12:00 and we will probably be there until at least 12:30 or 1:00. If you are running late, call me and we can make arrangements to meet you or let you know where we will be. :D

LarryIII
02-27-2003, 12:47 PM
I say that you should hold the Northwest SVX Meet in Earl's driveway. You will get 3 more SVXes showing up. :D

CDG
02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Excellent, Earl, see you for breakfast around 10am? I'll call you Saturday when I arrive. Probably going to be around 6-7, we will probably have dinner at the Wild Iris Inn. Or if you can suggest somewhere else?

Strictly Subaru
02-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Sounds good to me, hey Chris, did you get my message, or did I call the wrong number?:rolleyes:

ensteele
02-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Larry, I would start the meet with 4, then everyone else would show up to add to it! :D

CDG
02-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Sorry Dan, I did get your message, but forgot to call you last night.
If your around later, I'll give you a call. Guess what, I can't find your number now:rolleyes:

Call me again tonight, the number I gave you is my Cell.
604-787-1975.
I just called what I think is your number and got Silicone Bob???

svxtremist2001
02-27-2003, 06:44 PM
I talked to some one and realised the party in Madison this week end was not a big SVX event for the group it is sum thing else they were just offring. I will not be going so either day is fine hundred precept. Sunday noon I can after church Laconar is not far 40 minutes??? **** 20 in SVX right??? :D

WestCoastSVX
02-28-2003, 09:07 AM
Uh sure.

I will be there at the yacht club parking lot in downtown Laconner at noon Sunday. I will probably not be back on here after 2:00 today or be checking my email either. I think you all have my cell phone number so call if you have questions or if things change.

See you all Sunday!

Alycone
02-28-2003, 11:17 AM
What are your plans for the day, perhaps I can meet up after work?

CDG
02-28-2003, 12:21 PM
My girlfriend(Kim) and I are planning to leave to try and make it home by 5pm. Kids to pickup. But we can be flexible.
She asked me if there are going to be any other spouses, as she feels that the SVX chat may not excite her:D

PS, I check with my co-worker, and he cannot make it. I can't remember is Handle, but he has not posted anything on this thread....

WestCoastSVX
02-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CDG
My girlfriend(Kim) and I are planning to leave to try and make it home by 5pm. Kids to pickup. But we can be flexible.
She asked me if there are going to be any other spouses, as she feels that the SVX chat may not excite her:D

PS, I check with my co-worker, and he cannot make it. I can't remember is Handle, but he has not posted anything on this thread....

Yes, I will be needing to get home at a decent hour as well. Earl's idea of heading up Chuckanut Drive may work great for you BC guys, as it ends in Bellingham, less than an hour to the border. :)

Last time Dan (strictly subie) had his significant other, maybe he will this time? My wife came once, but was bored by the car chat. I always ask her, but she usually says no unless it is going to be a spectacular drive or something other than a bunch of talk. Maybe I should take her out to the Wild Iris as well to make it worth her while! :D :D :D I will mention to her that other bored spouse/gfs will be along though. :)

ensteele
02-28-2003, 03:09 PM
I will be there at noon as well, and Dan will come with his pearlie too. :D

svxtremist2001
02-28-2003, 07:40 PM
I will be right at noon thank you for puting my first meet together!!!

Strictly Subaru
02-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Can someone post directions from I-5 and approx. distance to the location of the meet? I would appreciate it, thanks. :D

ensteele
03-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Take Exit 230 (I think) to Anacortes. There is a McDonnalds on the left. This is the second exit after crossing the Skagit River Bridge on I-5.

Go left after exiting towards Anacortes.

Go approx 6 miles to the Farm House Restarant on the left and Whitney sign on the right.

Go another 5 miles or so into LaConner.

Go through (stop first of course) 2 stop signs (I think) to the Marina sign on the right by a little eating place.

Go about 2 blocks and the big parking lot we will meet at is on your left. This is the parking lot of the Swinomish Yacht Club, so if you get lost, ask for that for directions.

I will pm you with my cell phone number and if you get lost, call me and I will help you get there. See ya there! :)

Strictly Subaru
03-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the excellant directions!, one question though, how far is it from Blaine , WA, ? Just so I can try to budget my time and schedule.......:)

ensteele
03-01-2003, 12:37 PM
It would be about an hour from Blain to LaConner, maybe a little more. About 15 minutes from I-5. Total time, no more than 1 1/2 hours.

CDG
03-01-2003, 05:33 PM
thanks also for the directions, I'm just leaving now to pickup Kim, and head down to the Wild Iris Inn, and posibly stop by Earls.

See you all tomorrow.

ensteele
03-01-2003, 07:26 PM
:D

CDG
03-02-2003, 10:20 PM
What a great meet, I have posted all my pictures, minus the very recent incident, in the LaConnor folder in my locker.

It was great meeting all of you and seeing Earl's latest, and his fleet, and very impressed at the turn-out with such short notice and rainy weather. And special thanks to my girlfriend Kim for having such patience.

Link to pics: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?CDG|6807

ensteele
03-03-2003, 09:36 AM
The pictures in you locker look good. Thanks for sharing! :)

WestCoastSVX
03-03-2003, 09:57 AM
The meet was great fun and the turn out considering how quick and informal it was... amazing! :) It was great to meet some new people too! Thanks for the pictures, Chris, I will put some in my locker soon too. :)

CDG
03-03-2003, 10:32 AM
I'll put in the others later tonight as there are some more close-ups.

WestCoastSVX
03-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Glad you and Kim enjoyed the Inn, too. Hope that made the trip worth her while. ;)

Troy - amateur travel agent :)

fvehafric
03-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Sorry I missed you guys, I could have made it if I was paying attention. Arrgh...

Anyway, there's always next time.

I'll check in more often...

Alycone
03-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Hmm, an oregon svx, neat.

Thanks for posting your pics, looks nice.

I'm gradually scanning in mine. I miss my car.

Alycone
03-15-2003, 09:48 PM
I posted some pics in my locker and I've started posting a ton of pics on my web page, but it'll be a while until I get all the big ones uploaded.

http://www.geocities.com/alycone_svx/laconner-tour/03nw_lc.html

ensteele
03-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Good job Alycone. Lots of good pictures. That was a fun meet. :)

WestCoastSVX
03-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Great pictures! Good work with the cropping and zooming too! Your page will once again become the official picture link for that meet on our web site. :)

Alycone
03-18-2003, 01:39 AM
My developer's probably relieved that I've found a new subject to photograph. I used to bring my camera to work, disaster drills, my surgery, the ME's office....

cbx-man
03-20-2003, 01:20 PM
I checked out the pictures and...
I'M SO PISSED I COULDN'T COME!!!!!!!!!

I would have liked to "represent" for the silver SVX!!

I see y'all went to Earl's place... So, Earl, do your neighbor's now think you are a cult leader?!?!?!?:D :D :D :D :D

Matt K

ensteele
03-20-2003, 05:25 PM
They knew that I had a problem before! :D Now they know that I have a problem, have 4 SVXs, and friends that have them too!. :)
I always keep them guessing. ;)