PDA

View Full Version : Friday

montypython
02-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Well, if I can get Irene on the plane on Friday night - she's really freaked out at the thought of being the target of a homemade surface to air missile as we come in to Heathrow - we'll be in England on Sat morning.
We're spending the week in Cornwall just bumming around. I'm getting really pumped about it:D
The weather forcast looks a bit grim but I could care less about that.
I had hoped to look at a couple of SVX's for sale, but Irene put the stoppers on that "I'm not risking life and limb to go car shopping". How inconsiderate can you be:rolleyes:

mohrds
02-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Give Irene our love.

Doug

svxistentialist
02-19-2003, 08:18 AM
Colin

Hope you have a good trip, and I trust Irene will keep her nerve. I always like to see heavy security airport side. I would be worried to think that someone was not watching over me, and I give those ladies and gentlemen every courtesy and co-operation.

Our 10th Anniversary was in Torbay last summer as you may recall. One or two of the members are in that area. Maybe you would like to telephone them while in the vicinity?

I will PM you,

Joe:)

Aredubjay
02-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Colin,
Keep safe, and have an enjoyable trip home. Give Irene Shari's and my best. Don't let her drive. She may get a ticket, and, as hard as she takes tickets, it could very well spoil her whole trip.:D

Take good care.

montypython
02-20-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by mohrds
Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Give Irene our love.

Doug

Thanks Doug. We.ve still got your Xmas card displayed. The grand kids won't let us take it down.

montypython
02-20-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Colin

Hope you have a good trip, and I trust Irene will keep her nerve. I always like to see heavy security airport side. I would be worried to think that someone was not watching over me, and I give those ladies and gentlemen every courtesy and co-operation.

Our 10th Anniversary was in Torbay last summer as you may recall. One or two of the members are in that area. Maybe you would like to telephone them while in the vicinity?

I will PM you,

Thanks Joe. It'll be good to have the numbers, just in case.

montypython
02-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Colin,
Keep safe, and have an enjoyable trip home. Give Irene Shari's and my best. Don't let her drive. She may get a ticket, and, as hard as she takes tickets, it could very well spoil her whole trip.:D

Take good care.

Thanks for the well wishes. What? Let Irene drive? Are you kidding? (montypython looks over his shoulder)
By the way, sorry we'll miss Reading this year. We have too much on around about that weekend. Looks like your going to have a great turnout, though.

svxistentialist
02-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Colin,

Have PMd you and emailed some numbers.

Best of luck,

Joe

Aredubjay
02-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by montypython

Thanks for the well wishes. What? Let Irene drive? Are you kidding? (montypython looks over his shoulder)
By the way, sorry we'll miss Reading this year. We have too much on around about that weekend. Looks like your going to have a great turnout, though.

Darn it! No Reading? That's about the only time I get to see you guys throughout the year. Well, I just may have to crash the "cookout" this year. :D

Be good, be well and be careful.

b3lha
02-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi Colin,

We live about 10 minutes from Heathrow, and coincidentally we're giving some friends a lift to terminal 4 at about 7am Saturday Morning - although not in the SVX as it doesn't hold many suitcases.

If you'd like to meet up, either during the day on Saturday or when you return to Heathrow at the end of your trip, call us on the phone number that I'll PM to you.

Phil & Belha.

montypython
02-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by b3lha
Hi Colin,

We live about 10 minutes from Heathrow, and coincidentally we're giving some friends a lift to terminal 4 at about 7am Saturday Morning - although not in the SVX as it doesn't hold many suitcases.

If you'd like to meet up, either during the day on Saturday or when you return to Heathrow at the end of your trip, call us on the phone number that I'll PM to you.

Phil & Belha.

Phil & Belha:

We arrive at Heathrow at about 11:30am Saturday morning and then we want to hit the road straight away for the drive to St. Ives so that wouldn't be a good time to get together.
The following Saturday (March 1), we'll arrive back in the general London area latish in the evening and then our return flight is at 4:00pm Sunday afternoon. So there's a definite possibility we could meet up Sunday morning sometime, or for a quick pint at lunchtime if it's somewhere close to the airport.
What do you think?

svxistentialist
02-21-2003, 04:03 AM
Hi Phil, Hi Belha.

Colin, did you get the numbers?

montypython
03-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi Phil, Hi Belha.

Colin, did you get the numbers?

Joe, yes thanks for the numbers and in fact Phil and I exchanged a couple of PM's before we left to arrange a rendezvous. His proximity to Heathrow made it perfect to drop in on Sunday, the day of our return. We spent some time chatting over coffee and drooling over his Alcyone, (four wheel steering and all) before heading to the local for a quick pint.
Our trip to Cornwall was awesome and I was surprised how little it had changed in the 30 years or so since we were there last. Unfortunately, there was so much we wanted to do that we never got the time to look up any of the Devon members. Maybe next time ;)

montypython
03-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Phil & Belha for having Irene and I over on Sunday. We enjoyed it enormously and just shows how this car can bring total strangers together.
You have a unique version, so look after it, and when you go to Kenya send me the keys - it's perfectly located close to Heathrow for our next visit:D :D

svxistentialist
03-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by montypython

Joe, yes thanks for the numbers and in fact Phil and I exchanged a couple of PM's before we left to arrange a rendezvous. His proximity to Heathrow made it perfect to drop in on Sunday, the day of our return. We spent some time chatting over coffee and drooling over his Alcyone, (four wheel steering and all) before heading to the local for a quick pint.
Our trip to Cornwall was awesome and I was surprised how little it had changed in the 30 years or so since we were there last. Unfortunately, there was so much we wanted to do that we never got the time to look up any of the Devon members. Maybe next time ;)

Colin,

Glad you and Irene had a good trip. Get any chip butties, or was it all cream teas??:D :D

I can imagine there was plenty to do, it really is a wonderful corner of the Universe. Holds a special place in my heart.

Great you got to meet Phil and Belha.

Next time is a date.

b3lha
03-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Hi Colin and Irene,

Glad you got back alright.

We really enjoyed meeting you last Sunday. You're welcome to come back any time you like. We'll put the photos in our locker once they've been developed.

Take Care,

Phil & Belha.

montypython
03-05-2003, 05:32 AM

Colin,

Glad you and Irene had a good trip. Get any chip butties, or was it all cream teas??:D :D

I can imagine there was plenty to do, it really is a wonderful corner of the Universe. Holds a special place in my heart.

Great you got to meet Phil and Belha.

Next time is a date.

All the butties, pasties and cream teas we could eat. Throw in a few steak and kidney pies, ploughmen's and cornish ice cream and we were carying back a few more pounds than we left with:eek: Time for a diet.

montypython
03-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by b3lha
Hi Colin and Irene,

Glad you got back alright.

We really enjoyed meeting you last Sunday. You're welcome to come back any time you like. We'll put the photos in our locker once they've been developed.

Take Care,

Phil & Belha.

I'll look out for the photo's and I'll be doing the same.