PDA

View Full Version : JC Sports

Habesha
07-13-2001, 07:13 AM
Anyone know anything about JC Sports' new SVX exhaust system?

nvrmore100
07-13-2001, 10:25 AM
I'm going there tomorrow morning...I'll try to remember to ask them about it.

Ryan

kastle
07-13-2001, 10:59 PM
Unless you live in Colorado, JC Sports customer service sucks. Read all the problems they have had over on the iclub. They were even banned from doing business there.

If you live in Colorado -- > GOOD
If you don't --> VERY BAD

nvrmore100
07-14-2001, 01:56 AM
I agree. I have had all kinds of issues trying to get my brake rotors I ordered from them. I put the order in 2 weeks ago...was supposed to 3-5 at most. Well I'm supposed to be able to pick them up tomorrow. I really don't plan on doing much business with them after this one.

Ryan (and I'm 30 min away from them!)

cdigerlando
07-15-2001, 09:45 AM
I just ordered the JC lightened (not underdrive) pully. They say it won't be till the 18th. They have an improved pully. BS, they are probably trying to find someone to make it. They are the only ones that offer this. I would not deal with them unless no one else makes the part. Deal with Stebro on exausts. I hear nothing but good things.

nvrmore100
07-15-2001, 01:35 PM
Yeah they screwed me again! The PROMISED "oh yes for sure they will be in!". BS I called them and after finally getting extremely irate with them, they actually offered that they "call the machine shop on monday and see what is going on". I couldn't believe that they wouldn't call after a week of me calling them every single day complaining that they weren't in. Either way you better belive I'm going to be screaming at them on Monday as well. I plan on NEVER calling these jerks up again.

Ryan

eddycat2000
07-15-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by nvrmore100
Yeah they screwed me again! The PROMISED "oh yes for sure they will be in!". BS I called them and after finally getting extremely irate with them, they actually offered that they "call the machine shop on monday and see what is going on". I couldn't believe that they wouldn't call after a week of me calling them every single day complaining that they weren't in. Either way you better belive I'm going to be screaming at them on Monday as well. I plan on NEVER calling these jerks up again.

Ryan

Ryan, I understand your frustration, but if Subaru dealers have difficulty in getting SVX parts don'tcha think it would follow that aftermarket places would have at least an equal amount of difficulty? They probably have shelves filled with Chevy parts, but an SVX? I agree that they shouldn't promise what they can't deliver, but let's get back down to earth and realize we have a fairly unique automobile.

nvrmore100
07-15-2001, 06:31 PM
I would understand if they didn't have the parts in stock. This is quite common, in the past I've managed a warehouse for a few years, and I know all about not getting stock on time, or not at all. In this case though they had the rotors in stock and ready to go. However they needed to send them to the machine shop to get drilled/slotted/dipped for me. They sent them out the same day as this other guy's rear rotors. Two days later they got his back, and not mine. Now as a person of business, you would think they would give a call and ask why. However after 2 weeks go by with me hounding them virtually everyday, they FINALLY decide it might be a good idea to ask them. I'm just suprised that they have such little lack of customer care. I mean heck, I generally have to call them four or five times, letting it ring at least 20 times, simply for them to answer the phone.

Maybe they have caller ID...and they just don't want to hear from me anymore. :D

Ryan

cdigerlando
07-15-2001, 10:02 PM
JC was banned from the i-club impreza forum due to excessive complaints about thier products. If you are unhappy now, imagine what will happen when those rotors don't fit. I would go with someone more reputable like ART. They dip and cryo treat as well. The rotors are slotted, not cross drilled. I doubt it will make much of a difference. They are giving me the run around on a crank pully right now. Ug. They are the only ones with a lightened version of ours. I just want a solid piece without the harmonic band. Don't want to have to machine another crank trigger wheel.

nvrmore100
07-15-2001, 11:41 PM
But when I called they were saying it was going to be like 2 weeks...so with them it would be like a month or three. I decided to go with the Unorthodox pulley. They are having a sale on the SVX to get rid of old stock. They are $109 now, and I really like mine in. The only differece is you have to buy new belts.

I figure for the hassle I would cancel my order with JC.

Ryan

cdigerlando
07-16-2001, 05:55 AM
Yes, I hear the underdrives work well, but I really don't want to go with underdrive. Where did you get them just to be sure. Was it Motorsports warehouse?

nvrmore100
07-16-2001, 08:39 AM
To get the special you have to buy it direct. Which as is it turned out was a good thing. For me to get it locally was supposed to be a week long wait and $213. When I checked the specials section of their site, they had it listed. To order the specials you need to call them up direct, I had the pulley the next morning.

Ryan

1994SubaruSVX
07-16-2001, 11:44 AM
is in sports compact car magazine they were really given a great right up?! they talked about their great customer care and product knowledge, subaru experience. how funny to know that in they suby community they suck. :rolleyes:

cdigerlando
07-16-2001, 07:03 PM
That is Sport Compact Car for you. The same people who claim the Acura RSX's superiority over the WRX.......NOT!!!! They are somewhat whorish, depending on advertisements and kickbacks. They also get a lot from honda.

1994SubaruSVX
07-17-2001, 07:54 AM
readers rides section, complete with a list of my current mods. hopefully it will grace the pages. considering some of the crap the put in their, mine should make it. wish me luck. :)

nvrmore100
07-19-2001, 04:03 PM
Well it was supposed to be 3-5 days, however today after 3 1/2 weeks (only a little bit off), my rotors have arrived! I will be putting them on today. Good thing cause I'm driving to Canada tomorrow!

Ryan