PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS is comin' to town...

svxcess
01-31-2003, 03:09 PM
For those who don't know, I sold the 92 svxcess pearlie to Chris Gooderham (club ID: CDG) from Vancouver, Canada.

He is flying into Washington, DC on Wednesday evening, February 6 and is staying with his uncle in Arlington, Va. He will come up to my house on February 7 to take possession of the car, finalize paperwork, etc. I am not sure how long he will be staying in the area before taking an adventurous 3000 journey back home.

He was hoping to meet up with some of the local people in the MD/DC/Va while he is here. I will try to contact Harry Newman (newsvx), Ron Mummert, Olu Davis (svxit) and Mike Wirt (rufus) to see what can be arranged. I can meet him on Thursday evening or anytime on Saturday. Maybe he can meet with others on Friday. Any of you who can make it please post here so we can make plans for some sort of Pre-Reading Mini-Meet.

Maybe he will post his agenda so we have a better idea of what we can do with him.

I also want to thank all those who supported his decision to purchase my car, sight unseen. Your encouragement is truly appreciated. I hope the car brings him as much pleasure as it did me. I will definitely miss the pearlie and as long as Chris promises to treat her tenderly and give her the respect that an aging hottie deserves, I promise not to cry when she leaves my driveway for the last time :(

ensteele
01-31-2003, 04:56 PM
John

He will be in the Northwest area, so I will keep an eye on him and the pearlie to make sure she is kept happy. ;) Hope a mini meet happens to give Chris an idea of what this club stuff is all about. We will get him involved here as well. :)

LarryIII
01-31-2003, 05:01 PM
John,

I can come down to your area Fri. or Sat (Feb. 8 & 9). Give me some times & directions

Ron Mummert
01-31-2003, 08:36 PM
John, naturally a weekend date would be best, but if that's impossible, I trust Trish will be doing a catered luncheon for us working stiffs? Yup - we can call it a Power Mode Lunch.
See ya' next week. Ron M.

CDG
02-01-2003, 02:14 AM
John, I will take the best of care of your Pearlie.

I have already posted some tentative maps of my route in my locker, under my Road Trip folder.
I will continue to update the maps to add as many visits to other SVX owners as possible.

I look forward to meeting the members near Wash. DC.

I plan to arrive Feb 5th evening, and leave for Chicago, Saturday Feb 8th Morning.

CDG
02-01-2003, 03:06 PM
I have posted an itinerary at http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8541

and have some maps in my locker.
I would like to meet as many of you as posible, ok, maybe your cars too, let me know, or talk to John.