PDA

View Full Version : Potential water leakage at rear lights

floatingkiwi
01-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi all
Just to let you know that I've found that there seems to be a propensity for leakage at the back lights that I have found on both my families SVX's!!
The right rear light seems to be the worst one: The leak occurs between the light seal and the car body. On both cars I've had to take them off, slightly reform the body to improve the seal surface, and reseal it up with some silicone sealant. The small square plastic plugs below the lights seem to leak very, very slightly as well. Has anyone else found this problem (or a leak in the boot that you can't find?).

Cheers

Ron Mummert
01-30-2003, 09:39 PM
The misty tail light problem is one that we all share along with droopy visors, & dying bearings. There's a myriad of suggested "fixes" in the archieved topics. I've sealed mine with electrical tape, silicone & chewing gum. The moisture still returns. I've decided to call this phenomenon "charm" & ignore it.

Ron.

svxistentialist
01-31-2003, 03:35 AM
Yeah, mine's the same, and I also blame the seal between the lamp and the body for the leak.

I even burned out my daughter's hair dryer by drying out the lenses at one stage, but the fog came back.

Lamp cluster designed by John Carpenter, do you think??

"Return of the Fog"

Joe:rolleyes:

floatingkiwi
02-02-2003, 08:07 PM
is in my lights!!
Sorry people, I've put you crook.
What I meant was a leak between the light assembly and the car body that serves to allows water to pool up right where the spare wheel goes. Just dribbles in during rain.. Well, not anymore.

Trevor
02-03-2003, 04:14 PM
No problems in this respect with mine. I have been impressed with how watertight and more so how dust tight the car is. Have noticed some condensation in the lights sometimes bur also with other cars I have owned and no real problem. Pleased you have fixed it. Good old No. 8 or baling wire stuff !