PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in the........

Phil Hill
01-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Syracuse/Utica/Schenectady area ??

I'm going to be in the area on business from about middle of next week, initially at a place called Boonville, later at a place called Dover Furnace. Just wondered if there was anyone local to the area here.

Phil.

ww111
01-30-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm in Syracuse... Give me a shout!
ww111@yahoo.com

Collins

Stationed at RAF upper Heyford for 5 years... I'd love to catch up on what's new (and old) over there. Even some decent resturaunts here. Also, you picked a good time to make the trip. First time it's been over 10 deg. "F!" in a couple of weeks.

ww111
01-30-2003, 02:16 PM
THE "Phil Hill"?

But not a decent chip shop or pub on this side o'the pond (that I've found)

Collins

Phil Hill
01-31-2003, 03:06 AM
Absolutely THE Phil Hill.......... just not the famous racing driver !! :D

Yeah I know about the weather, I've been on standby for a week or so now but the weather is holding the job up. Minus 20 deg F and 40 inches of snow up at Boonville they tell me....... I'll be bringing my thermals !!

Despite the lack of proper pubs I'm sure we can find somewhere to chat over a couple of beer Collins. I'll email you off line when I get my travel date finalised.

Phil.

ww111
01-31-2003, 08:20 AM
It's supposed to get above freezing for the next 5 days, so I suspect you'll be on your way over. I never said there wasn't a place to get a beer! I just miss the ol' Barley Mow in Banbury and the Swan in Long Hanborough. It's way too bad about the weather, I'd love to be able to say "Phill Hill" Drove my TR-8!

Talk to you soon.
Collins

Phil Hill
02-03-2003, 02:19 AM
Ok, it looks like I'll be travelling on the 8th, will let you know what the final arrangements are.

Check out my locker for pics of the non-svx vehicles in the household....... a couple of close cousins of a TR8. Looking forward to meeting you, looks like we can chat about british cars as well as svx now !!

Phil.