PDA

View Full Version : KYB replacement struts for SVX

Skinwrangler
07-07-2001, 08:37 PM
I have been told that the KYB struts listed as fitting the SVX on the KYB site (http://www.kyb.com) actually don't fit. I have searched the message archives and find nothing to support that.

Does anyone have direct experience that these struts (model GR-2) don't fit? KYB part #233022 and 233023 (front left and right) and #341065 (rear AWD).

Couldn't it be that they actually do work? Maybe they were made by mistake and they are really great and nobdy knows about them!:eek: Maybe not.

Aredubjay
07-07-2001, 11:23 PM
Skin, here's the thread you were looking for. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Unfortunately, the struts did not work.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117&perpage=10&pagenumber=3

Skinwrangler
07-08-2001, 03:04 AM
Thanks for hunting down the post. I will call KYB Monday and ask that they refresh their data.

Thanks again.

Aredubjay
07-08-2001, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Skinwrangler
Thanks for hunting down the post. I will call KYB Monday and ask that they refresh their data.

Thanks again.

Happy to help, but, sorry to bring bad news. Luckily, I already have a set of brand new stock struts waiting to go in when the current ones go.

htyei
07-09-2001, 04:25 AM
hmm you planning on installing those yourself?
Looking for things I can do to recoup the cost of these ultra cool factor service manuals :)

Aredubjay
07-09-2001, 09:59 AM
I fear that my manuals have done more to recoup monies for other members of this and the other club. I have a friend who will do the strut install when the time comes. He has all the equipment and a nice garage. Of course, he'll be using the manuals to guide him through the process. Luckily, he's an ASE certified shadetree mechanic. :D

1994SubaruSVX
07-11-2001, 09:25 AM
i hope buying those new ones from me didnt jinx your old ones!!

when are you supposed to get the pearly back?

Aredubjay
07-11-2001, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i hope buying those new ones from me didnt jinx your old ones!!

when are you supposed to get the pearly back?

Yes, Leo, my struts are in good shape. No problems. It's just good to have the others waiting in the wings for when the time comes. Plus, the price was right. :D

Meanwhile, the body shop said "three to four days." I took it in on Monday. It has been very humid, so, I expect I'll be waiting the full "four" days. If I don't get a call tomorrow . . . well, let's just say I will not be "happy."