PDA

View Full Version : Snow Fun

b3lha
01-09-2003, 08:03 AM
We had a bit of snow around here on Monday night. On my way to work, in the Justy, on Tuesday morning I found a country lane and decided to play with the 4WD.

What a difference it makes: In 2WD mode, every time I pulled away or tried to accelerate it spun the front wheels and went nowhere. But with the 4WD button pressed, I couldn't make the wheels spin at all. I even red-lined it and let out the clutch and it took off without any spin at all.

In an unrelated incident, the Justy blew it's head gasket yesterday and had to be recovered by the AA. Time to get the spanners out :(.

svxistentialist
01-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by b3lha
We had a bit of snow around here on Monday night. On my way to work, in the Justy, on Tuesday morning I found a country lane and decided to play with the 4WD.

What a difference it makes: In 2WD mode, every time I pulled away or tried to accelerate it spun the front wheels and went nowhere. But with the 4WD button pressed, I couldn't make the wheels spin at all. I even red-lined it and let out the clutch and it took off without any spin at all.

In an unrelated incident, the Justy blew it's head gasket yesterday and had to be recovered by the AA. Time to get the spanners out :(.

Let me get this straight; you red-lined it and let the clutch out, but this is an unrelated incident to the head gasket going??

Rrrrrright:D :D :D :D

This is in case Belha reads it I suppose:)

Joe

Earthworm
01-09-2003, 06:54 PM
The Justy is fun isn't it?

What year is yours?

Mine had the engine rebuilt at 250,000km but could have kept going longer. Turned out the only problem was the timing belt tensioner loosened off and the belt started skipping making an awful noise when trying to start it.

Phil Hill
01-10-2003, 01:55 AM
I even red-lined it and let out the clutch........

In an unrelated incident, the Justy blew it's head gasket ..........

Unrelated :D Are you sure ??

Phil.

b3lha
01-10-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Let me get this straight; you red-lined it and let the clutch out, but this is an unrelated incident to the head gasket going??

Rrrrrright:D :D :D :D

This is in case Belha reads it I suppose:)

Joe

Thanks Joe,

You almost dropped me in it with Belha there, but I won't tell you what she said about me.

However, I am sure it's unrelated since there's been trouble brewing under the bonnet for a while now. I've been topping up the oil and water on a daily basis and keeping a close eye on the temp gauge for the last six months.

It was only a matter of time until it stopped begging for attention and started screaming for it.

Phil.

b3lha
01-10-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Earthworm
The Justy is fun isn't it?

What year is yours?

Mine had the engine rebuilt at 250,000km but could have kept going longer. Turned out the only problem was the timing belt tensioner loosened off and the belt started skipping making an awful noise when trying to start it.

It's a 1988 SLII 4WD, the 3 cylinder 1.2 model.

I actually think they handle better than the SVX on snow and ice. But I can't say that too loudly around here.

Phil.

Earthworm
01-10-2003, 02:41 PM
It's a 1988 SLII 4WD, the 3 cylinder 1.2 model.

I actually think they handle better than the SVX on snow and ice. But I can't say that too loudly around here.Nice. Here's mine:

http://dcss.dyn.dhs.org/justy/skid2.jpg

Aredubjay
01-10-2003, 03:07 PM

In an unrelated incident, the Justy blew it's head gasket yesterday and had to be recovered by the AA.

Gee, Alcoholics Anonymous is extremely generous in the UK. I guess towing cars keeps them from thinking about . . . other things. :D