PDA

View Full Version : Sun Visor Fix - Link???

EveryShadeofBlue
07-05-2001, 09:44 AM
I was recently victimized by the sagging sunvisor (passenger side). In addition, the vanity light does not work. I had a link that had a great description of how to fix this problem as well as pictures. I have tried the link twice in the last week and it is invalid now. I would put in the link, but it's on my computer at work. Does anyone have that page at all? It was the best solution for the sunvisors I had seen and I'd like to tackle the problem this week while I'm on vacation. Thanks everyone!!!!!

Jeff

svxcess
07-05-2001, 10:07 AM
Try this: http://www.svxwrx.com/svxguides/Sun%20visor%20and%20Vanity%20Mirror%20Fix/

EveryShadeofBlue
07-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much! This is the link I was looking for. Time for surgery now :)

Jeff

EveryShadeofBlue
07-05-2001, 02:38 PM
I just did the visor surgery and I am pleased with the results. It doesn't sag nearly as much anymore, altho it does not fit up tightly in the roof, but it never really did even when it worked.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff

htyei
07-05-2001, 03:41 PM
Yeah, My server changed, and I was only able to put it back up recently, Glad to have helped!

Tell me how long it lasts, It looks like my problem was a bit more extensive than that.

Aredubjay
07-05-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by htyei
Yeah, My server changed, and I was only able to put it back up recently, Glad to have helped!

Tell me how long it lasts, It looks like my problem was a bit more extensive than that.

Hey, Henry! How the heck have you been? Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope life's treating you well.

htyei
07-06-2001, 04:15 AM
been a little busy, looking for a summer job, no luck yet :(

And since I moved back home temporarily, I've been without scanner or digital camera to really do anything to my site... as yet

actually been laying low, nursing some wounds,..
sprained my ankle and got two speeding tickets within an hour....
while trying to drive home for the sumemr from Los Angeles to San Francisco. with my car loaded with 700-1000 pounds of boxes and people, never has an svx been filled so much to a brim)

I learned a few lessons..
1. Never drive in the morning on a friday at the end of the month.
(ticket at 7:45, at 8:45, and cop magically appeared at 9:45)
2. Never drive tired (started the trip at 4:30 am)
3. Don't drive with a sprained ankle (lead foot on accelerator due to other leg needing to be straight)
4. Never drive mad (how else can i explain the 2nd ticket, I was TRYING to drive under the speed limit see lesson #2)
5. Use cruise control on long trips!!!!
6. weight is nothing to a svx as when its already rolling

Does anyone but the police think dark teal is blue?
END RANT

Aredubjay
07-06-2001, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by htyei
been a little busy, looking for a summer job, no luck yet :(

And since I moved back home temporarily, I've been without scanner or digital camera to really do anything to my site... as yet

actually been laying low, nursing some wounds,..
sprained my ankle and got two speeding tickets within an hour....
while trying to drive home for the sumemr from Los Angeles to San Francisco. with my car loaded with 700-1000 pounds of boxes and people, never has an svx been filled so much to a brim)

I learned a few lessons..
1. Never drive in the morning on a friday at the end of the month.
(ticket at 7:45, at 8:45, and cop magically appeared at 9:45)
2. Never drive tired (started the trip at 4:30 am)
3. Don't drive with a sprained ankle (lead foot on accelerator due to other leg needing to be straight)
4. Never drive mad (how else can i explain the 2nd ticket, I was TRYING to drive under the speed limit see lesson #2)
5. Use cruise control on long trips!!!!
6. weight is nothing to a svx as when its already rolling

Does anyone but the police think dark teal is blue?
END RANT

Sorry, Henry. So much for the wishes that "life is treating you well." :D At least you got home safe. Good luck on the summer job thing and take care of the ankle.

I did an Autotrader.com search on the SVX yesterday. One dealership had one with the color listed as "Taup." What the hell color is that? First of all, "Taupe" is kind of a pinkish beige. Oh well. (Just a bit of trivia: in the Subaru Service Manual, the car is not called "Teal." it is called "Peacock Blue").

tober76b
07-11-2001, 06:49 PM
rwj,
you crack me up with your color interjections:

"...."Taup." What the hell color is that? First of all, "Taupe" is kind of a pinkish beige. Oh well. "

hilarious i say...keep 'em coming.
...what the hell color is that?.....hilarious.
toby

Aredubjay
07-11-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by tober76b
rwj,
you crack me up with your color interjections:

"...."Taup." What the hell color is that? First of all, "Taupe" is kind of a pinkish beige. Oh well. "

hilarious i say...keep 'em coming.
...what the hell color is that?.....hilarious.
toby

Toby, I'm happy that I've helped to entertain. :D Occasionally, I revert to my redneck roots. :D

1994SubaruSVX
07-16-2001, 04:38 PM
is that what you call it now randy?? :D

EveryShadeofBlue
07-23-2001, 08:06 AM
The Sun Visor fix outlined in the link posted earlier worked for a short time, then the problem quickly came back again. This is not a cure all solution, there is obviously something else malfunctioning in the sun visors that makes them fail.

Jeff

glenstiles
07-29-2001, 10:01 PM
Hi, I went ahead and cut and paste this from my reply to a thread on the i-club forum:

I've tried the velcro and its okay. Best method I've found: Take the visor off the car, be careful of the wires for the lighted vanity mirror. You can pull off the "stem" of the visor, the part that screws into the headliner. There is resistance, just pull the stem apart from the rest of the visor by wiggling it and rotating it while pulling. The problem is that the visor stem looses some of its diameter after a while from wear, less friction= droopy visor. The Fix: get some heat shrink tubing, big enough to cover about the inch or so of the stem that goes back into the visor. It will just fit. Then get out the blow dryer and shrink that sucker so that it fits tight on the stem. Then put the stem part with the heat shrink tubing back in the visor, wiggle it back on, it'll be a tight fit now.- put visor back on the car. Did this about a year ago, works great and doesn't cost a lot. hth,

Glen