PDA

View Full Version : A/C vs coolant sensor

Hangtownsvx
07-03-2001, 01:39 PM
It seems that one mod has to lead to another. When the temps are over 100 degrees and climbing a hill, the A/C compressor intermittantly shuts off. A couple of years ago when this happened, I put in a new radiator and that took care of it 95% of the time. Last year, I added a big transmission cooler so the problem is back and I am blaming the cooler. When the compressor shuts off, the temp gage will show a slight increase of about 1/8 inch. The cooler is certainly doing its job but I don't know where else to put it without effecting the coolant temps. I wish I could reprogram the computer to raise the compressor shut off threshold. Anybody got any suggestions? The water pump is also just a couple of years old. Maybe I should remove the fans so I can clean the radiator better?

oneothefewproud
07-03-2001, 02:08 PM
Some will disagree with me but I was having the same issue. I had added Red LIne Water Wetter to the radiator and replaced the right fan, as it was broken, and my temp does not move anymore. even up a hill after running at 80 for an hour.

Also, how close are you to LA?