PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for dinner?

WestCoastSVX
11-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Just throwing out an idea, seeing if anyone will bite (pun intended). :D

I believe we are now officially in "the holidays" and everybody is sure to be a bit more busy than usual. But it could be fun to get together for something small for those of us that are "local" (i.e. Puget Sound area, which lately seems to be the only ones posting here anyway).

I wasn't thinking anything to big since we just did a tour and another big event is in the works for later this winter. Maybe just whoever is interested could get together somewhere in the middle for dinner and hang out a couple hours. Seems like we have more to talk about than we have time for at our big meets so I'm sure some nice face to face conversation would be nice.

Any interest, ideas, etc?

ensteele
11-26-2002, 04:41 PM
When were you thinking of? Have you ever been to Todai? It is a seafood and sushi bar. It is $22.00, but all you can eat. It has crab legs, BBQ Salmon, desert bar, salad bar, fruit bar, crepe bar, etc., etc. That may be a little spendy for some folks. Just a thought. :)

WestCoastSVX
11-27-2002, 01:36 PM
All you can eat seafood..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

You're right, that is a bit expensive but sounds good. We'll have to see if there is any more interest and what their ideas may be. I'm thinking most are already checked out for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Aredubjay
11-27-2002, 03:36 PM
Hey, I'm up for dinner. Will you guys deliver? :D

Have fun, you guys, and, Happy Thanksgiving.

LarryIII
11-27-2002, 05:46 PM
I'm always ready for a good meal.
Who's bringing the Italian pastry.

ensteele
11-27-2002, 10:24 PM
"I'm always ready for a good meal. Who's bringing the Italian pastry."

I know someone who is from Wilmington, DE, and would be happy to deliver. He says that he knows all of the good places to get good food!!! Oh, and for the dinner entertainment - he is also a famous Sex symbol - maybe he will strut his stuff. :eek: :o :p

Alycone
11-27-2002, 10:25 PM
I'm up for dinner, seafood sounds good, where's the restaurant?

WestCoastSVX
11-29-2002, 10:10 AM
I was wondering the same thing. :) I just discovered there is one of those Todai places here at Redmond Town Center, but I'm assuming there might be others that Earl speaks of? :D

ensteele
11-29-2002, 11:35 AM
There is only one North of Portland which is in the Redmond Town Center. You found it Troy! :) You either need to get there real early, or about 8:00 or a little earlier. That way the crowds seem to die down. Ooops that didn't sound too good. LOL :cool:

WestCoastSVX
11-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Wow another WA exclusive for RTC! They also have the only Ruby's Diner and Fatburger north of CA here. Weird. I was curious about Todai as every time I drive by there at night there are crowds of people flowing out onto the sidewalk. Now I know! :) And knowing is half the battle!

I_Alcyone_I
11-29-2002, 02:36 PM
is this a 21 and older?

ensteele
11-29-2002, 11:18 PM
NO, it is for the whole family - all ages. If you like seafood and/or sushi, you will come out of the place not needing to eat for a couple of days. It is very good. :)

PS It is free on your birthday, but you have to show ID and prove it.

WestCoastSVX
12-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Anyone's birthday coming up this month? :D

I'm up for this and since it is a mile from my apt. (Hey, Earl came up with this not me! :D ) I could probably make it just about any time (aside from a couple days where things are going on). How's people's schedules looking?

ensteele
12-02-2002, 05:49 PM
Troy - you asked if anyone was up for dinner. My Bday is the 3rd, but I will be at a conference and could not make it on that night. Booooooo The one night I get a free meal, and I'm someplace else. Oh well. :D

WestCoastSVX
12-03-2002, 11:30 AM
How about next Friday, the 13th? :D

We could go for the later time (I think around 8 was mentioned for the crowds), that way traffic would have died down.

Saturday the 14th might work too, though I think there may be more Christmas shoppers crowding the mall and one member indicated that Friday would be better. But open to any ideas....

I do think anything past next weekend though might be getting too close to everyone's very busy time.

I_Alcyone_I
12-03-2002, 12:54 PM
fridays sound good to me, can someone post the address?

WestCoastSVX
12-03-2002, 01:42 PM
7548 164th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052

http://www.todai.com/Locations/washington.htm

It looks like they have good stuff!

I_Alcyone_I
12-03-2002, 03:11 PM
Thanks, now we just need a set time.

WestCoastSVX
12-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Kinda waiting to see what the B-day boy (and I'm assuming maybe Dan Nelson) has to say about that date since I just pulled it out of thin air. :)

ensteele
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Friday the 13th isn't a very good day as dates go, but I am up for it if we have a group going. I will talk to Dan when he gets back from Chicago on Thurs. 7:45 would work, and the first person to get there can put the name in as SVX. LOL We just need to know how many are going. :) This should be fun. :D

Alycone
12-04-2002, 02:24 AM
I never understood why friday the 13th should be bad luck. How can a Friday be bad? Monday the 13th, however....

Friday late sounds good to me.

WestCoastSVX
12-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Cool, let's do it then. :) We'll make it for 7:45pm Friday the 13th.

How's about we get a list going of those that are "90% committed" (no, I don't mean to a mental hospital :D ) so we will know who to look for and how many to get the table for.

Then if something comes up in the next week before then and you can't make it, please post again, and/or take your name off the list so we can kinda keep current. :)

1. Troy

seasvx
12-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by MacGyver
1. Troy 2. Jim

ensteele
12-04-2002, 11:22 PM
1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl :)

Alycone
12-05-2002, 01:22 AM
1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl
4. Alli

seasvx
12-05-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by ensteele93
1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl :) (Earl will have to hire drivers to bring all of his SVX's... a virtual Harold LeMay of SVX-dom:p )

LarryIII
12-05-2002, 09:45 AM
I'm always ready for dinner. Maybe Earl can drive me there since he has all those SVXes.

Question: Is the plural of SVX, "SVXes or SVXi " ? :D

seasvx
12-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Question: Is the plural of SVX, "SVXes or SVXi " ?Now that you have me thinking about it, I think I prefer SVXi.

Now: Pls pronounce that for me, Lar. :confused:

I_Alcyone_I
12-06-2002, 01:39 PM
Sounds good to me Count Tim in also.

WestCoastSVX
12-09-2002, 10:59 AM
So this is what we have so far for dinner this Friday the 13th at 7:45 at Todai in Redmond:

1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl
4. Alli
5. Tim

Anyone else? Is everyone on the list so far coming by themselves, or are their guests (welcome of course) to be added to the count for the reservation?

ensteele
12-09-2002, 04:46 PM
I will have Emett with me, so 2 people for my count.
I will do an email to members who I have addresses for. I forgot to do that before. :eek:
I would suggest not eating for a couple of days before we go. Lots of good food. Troy - wear that coat with lots of pockets so we can get more food into it for later. (I can see him now with lobster and crab leggs hanging out of the pockets) :D

Alycone
12-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Should we get fake IDs so we can all claim it's our birthday?

ensteele
12-09-2002, 11:51 PM
I talked to Dan and he said that he would probably make it. He will post when he has a chance. :)

WestCoastSVX
12-10-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ivtemt
Should we get fake IDs so we can all claim it's our birthday?

LOL If they act suspicious we could say that we are a club of people with all the same birth date. :D

Earl - I'm a professional buffeter. I will do the proper stomach exercises and have my buffet coat ready. :D

I_Alcyone_I
12-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Well, I may be getting a new job this week, so i cant gurantee I can make it.

WestCoastSVX
12-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
Well, I may be getting a new job this week, so i cant gurantee I can make it.

That's cool, hopefully getting a new job is a good thing!

I will keep you on the list as a maybe. If you become sure that you can't make it, just post here and we will know. Otherwise, guess it is better to over book our table rather than underbook! (now that's not an excuse to all the rest of you not to show at the last minute, please give notice or we will be waiting for you. And Earl will be mad he drove all the way down from Burlington to find that he was dining alone!)

ensteele
12-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Oh well, all the more lobster, crab legs, clams, mussels, salmon, sordfish, scallops, sushi, and alligator for me! :rolleyes: ;) :D :p :)

Alycone
12-12-2002, 02:57 AM
Alligator? I'll stick with plain old fish.

SovereignMK1
12-12-2002, 05:19 AM
Alligator tastes like chicken! Or could you say chicken tastes like alligator? Hmmm. Have fun guys(gals?) on Friday.

/Mark

CDG
12-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Is this still happening on the 13th of December? If so, I can't come, assuming that I would be invited.
But if its anbother time, I would definately like to meet some SVX owners. Seattle is about a 3 hour drive for me, but willing to make it if I can.

WestCoastSVX
12-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Of course you're invited! :) Too bad you can't make it this time, but there will be other events happening soon.

This was kind of an informal dinner for whoever wanted to come, but not "advertised" as a big meet or anything. We are hoping to have a big event this winter, so keep checking back.

Good luck in your search as well. If you don't have an SVX by the next time we meet, it may be a good chance to come down and check out the cars and see how they are supposed to drive, etc.

CDG
12-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks, and sorry I can't make it.
That was the plan, to at least go for a drive. Plus if I wasn't busy Friday, I could have taken #2 to Seattle, after the Inspection, for an experts opinion.
Unfortunately, the Inspection can't happen until at least Monday, my guy is busy. And the dealer said that overnight would not cut it. He ay also freak out if I clock 600Kms in 1 day, like it matters.

WestCoastSVX
12-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Last call for tonight, here's what it looks like...

1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl
4. Alli
5. Tim (maybe)
6. Emett

Anyone else? Whoever gets there first can put in for the table at 7:45 for 6 people it looks like....

I_Alcyone_I
12-13-2002, 01:26 PM
New job is definatly a good thing, although im not quite sure if i comepletely have it or not yet, but i called my boss and he said that he doesnt need me tonight so

1. Troy
2. Jim
3. Earl
4. Alli
5. Tim
6. Emett

and i think this might run into another page so i'll copy down what troy said.

Anyone else? Whoever gets there first can put in for the table at 7:45 for 6 people it looks like....