PDA

View Full Version : hood emblem

ACSVX
03-08-2001, 02:38 PM
o.k guys, i talked to the guy at japaneseparts.com, and he said if we can get at least 5 people to pitch in, he would cut a deal on the shipping charge which is $15.(he didn't specify how much he would take off) he really can't take anything off the price of the emblem for whatever reason, but i don't mind paying $46. anyway, i was going to pay tomorrow morning, but if you want to do this, you have to let me know so i can tell him that we have at least 5. but you have to let me know ASAP because i won't have access to a computer this weekend. let me know what's up.

svxcess
03-08-2001, 03:02 PM
How did you get to talk to a real person at Japaneseparts? All my inquiries and replys have been through email. In all of their replies to me there has never been a phone number, etc. in case I neeo get or give more information.

I wanted information on the Japanese taillight panel which said "Alcyone SVX" in the center. They quoted me a price of $322.00 plus shipping. When I asked them if it indeed said Alcyone SVX in the center, they replied:

"The diagram we have of the center panel does not show any lettering on
it--we won't know until we order it whether or not it will say Alcyone SVX
or be blank. You will have to chance it."

Any info you have is welcome

ACSVX
03-08-2001, 03:58 PM
here's the # 714-879-7955 call them, get all the info you need. you got the right price on the rear center piece, they also have the chrome front grill if you're interested. it'll run you $430. do you still want to chip in for the hood emblem?

inline
03-08-2001, 04:48 PM
I'm in for one.
How are we going to pay? CC, Money Order or Check

Chris

ACSVX
03-08-2001, 05:20 PM
i'm paying by money order

Jamsvx
03-09-2001, 08:07 PM
Hi.

For anyone here down in the bottom of the world with me, I have found a place that can also get the badges over here: AU$90 and AU$15 p+h to Australia...with the woeful exchange rate at the moment (for me anyways....its killing me on Ebay :-( ), it works out about the same as for you guys in the US.

Regards

Jamsvx

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 08:28 PM
Seems like you haven't been around in forever. Good to see you hanging out! Don't be such a stranger!

Jamsvx
03-09-2001, 08:44 PM
Hi!

The very SVX-er I have to thank for the scan of the barcode that allowed me to chase the badge up from this end!

I have been a bit quite of late I know...shame on me....I moved to another job and was not able to scan the boards with the same frequency!

And, bit by bit, I am working on my own site.....with a heavy emphasis on the 4ws SVX.

BTW, I now have a copy of a Japanese Alcyone SVX manual...its a hoot! Lots of cartoons but the one that gets me is the paniced expression on the mange/anime Style girl crash-braking an SVX!!!

Did you get your mug???? I was in tears here seeing the "Ship to US only" :-(

Regards

Jamsvx

jdunne@pacific.net.au

htyei
03-09-2001, 09:08 PM
So is it 46 bux for an alcyone badge?

svxxx26
03-09-2001, 09:31 PM
<<I was in tears here seeing the "Ship to US only" >>

Jams, a comment on your eBay shipping comment: I have been selling off a bunch of BMW stuff on eBay lately, and I also had the "ship to US only" on my auctions, since I had fixed shipping charges.
An Australian e-mailed me to see if I would change that policy, so I said yeah, just change the set shipping fees to actual. So if you see something you want like that mug, try an e-mail to the seller - it can't hurt.

Aredubjay
03-10-2001, 12:44 AM
No, Jams -- didn't get the mug. I even set my proxy at what I thought was outrageous. However, some good news. I think the guy who outbid me is going to use the design to create a limited run of them, so, instead of having to pay 50 bucks, they should be more reasonable (however, I'm still going to look for an original -- but don't tell anybody). Again, good to see you back in action, and, I'm glad I could help on the badge. Mine looks great!

Jaylinb
03-10-2001, 09:00 AM
When will they be ordered, or have you already done so? I'd love to have one. Do we send the payment to you or Japaneseparts.com directly?