PDA

View Full Version : Autoweek Article-svx

svxcess
03-08-2001, 02:16 PM
In the latest March 5 AUTOWEEK, check out the article on page 13. With comparisons to Porsche, the article says about the SVX "At the car's intro, its ability to go like a demon under all conditions while maintaining its composure was obvious... " It also mentions the new WRX as well.
The first line of the article sets the tone: "Sometimes, the badge reading 'Subaru" and not 'Porsche' is just what the speed doctor ordered."

Iscanned it in. You can view it in my briefcase:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/svxcess?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld17&.from=d&.pindex=1&start=1&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/svxcess%3fd%26.flabel=fld17%26.intl=us%26.src=ph

Enjoy!

wasions
03-08-2001, 11:07 PM
Just who didn't get it about SVX anyway. Subaru? Yep, they didn't get it. They could have sold ten times as many at a much higher price if they'd just advertised. The ignorant masses? Yep. And I was one of them until I took my first ride. If Subaru ever makes another mistake like this - I WANT IN ON IT!

sith
03-09-2001, 01:06 AM
I think just the fact that it was "Subaru" turned so many people off here in the states.

They should have done like Honda with Acura, or Toyota with Lexus (are they closely integrated? I dont know the specifics in that case I guess), and made up a new name to market the SVX under here. But, hindsight is 20/20...

Rev Hard
03-09-2001, 09:47 AM
NO. They shouldnt have. Wanna know why? Cause thats getting stupid imho. Why is an acura worth 20k more than a honda? Because its an acura? Because they dont even take the time to change the valve cover and it still says honda on it? (not to mention the riceboys that run around with their integras toting "powered by acura' stickers, No its not its a honda!) Same with lexus and infinity. It makes me sick. Hell look at the japanese svx, it didnt say subaru on it... it said alcyone. Why did they make 3 different sets of badges? Why? Because americans are dumb. Toyota is the most guilty at this. The land cruiser sold perfectly fine at 40k but then they went and made a lexus version. Acura sells a civic in canada called a 1.6 CL . Why wont people pay 40k for a toyota aristo? (gs300) Is it embarassing to drive a 40k toyota when you could have bought a tercel? No! Its an ARISTO not a tercel!

I'm done rambling on incoherently now.

PAUL!