PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Region

svxter
03-07-2001, 03:52 PM
Here's the place to post information about events and places of interest to SVX owners and fans in the Southeast. If you have items of regional interest, please put them here.

1994SubaruSVX
03-08-2001, 11:38 AM
I live here in Memphis which is not too far from Oakridge. We should meet sometime and compare some SVX notes. I am actually about to have to take mine into the shop again. I am having some kind of shudder or vibration coming from the front. I do not know if it is suspension, differential, or cv axles. Take it easy and maybe sometime we can meet half way.

svxter
03-08-2001, 11:52 AM
Hey, glad to hear from Memphis. No, it's not all that far - the Oak Ridge exit is mile 356 on I-40, plus another 20 or so. My daughter lives near Nashville, so I get over that way once in a while.

Do you know about the April meet that I've organized? We're going to tour the Smokey Mtn Natl Park, have a cookout, and other activities - April 20, 21 and 22. It would be great if you could make it over. There's information posted in a thread in the SVX Babble forum - look for Springtime in the Smokies, or email me if you're interested, and I'll forward details. We've got people from KY, WV, WI and NC coming so far.

Hope your noise isn't something serious - the front end of mine makes a clunking sound when I hit rough spots in the pavement, sometimes. I think it's a strut mount, but other than noise, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Let me know if you're interested in the meet.

Nice to hear from you.

PS. Looked at your profile - would love to take a peek at your exhaust system.

1994SubaruSVX
03-08-2001, 04:04 PM
the meet sounds awesome, i will definitely check that out! i have the same clunking noise and i pray it is only a strut mount, but who knows!? my car just feels really loose right now and i hope it is just the suspension. it drives fun beyond that, no grinding noises or anything like that. i am going to take her to the shop on monday. oh and you will love my exhaust, it is a one off custom made exhaust. the dual magnaflows sound really good. i have just replaced my transmission, rear wheel bearings, cv axles, and brake rotors. of course i have had to replace my battery twice and alternator four times. plus my water pump once. this car loves to take my money. but i do love her so. i have a feeling you know what i mean. i will see you at the meet if i can. take it easy.

svxter
03-09-2001, 07:59 AM
I do hope you can make it over for the meet. I think it's going to be a lot of fun - some of the folks you will see on this forum are going to be there. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of these guys for real, rather than virtually. If you do decide to come, please let me know. You can email me at moorej@marshall.edu, or use the private messaging function here. I've got a block of rooms reserved at the Garden Plaza in Oak Ridge, at favorable rates ($62.00/night + tax for a king size room) but you'll need to secure your reservation ASAP. After Mar. 30, any unclaimed rooms go back into the general pool. You might be able to get one at the special rate, but it's not garuanteed. Call 1-800 3 GARDEN and mention the Subaru SVX Meet to get the rate.

Well, so far, I've avoided having to make expensive repairs (making the sign to avert the evil eye), but I'm sort of braced for the possibility. I do plan on installing additional transmission cooling, along with a temp. gauge to keep an eye on the transmission. But when I saw her sitting on the dealer's used lot, I knew I had to have her. Fortunately, I was looking for another vehicle at the time anyway.

Hope you can make it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with your car. If not in April, we can maybe arrange something later on in the summer. But do make it over if you can. Hope all the repair work goes well.

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 09:34 AM
Hmmmm. I'm still wondering which region I'm going to end up in. Will I end up in the "Midwest?" I hate it when the damn Yankees lump KY in with the Midwest -- I guess we'll have to see. If UK wins the SEC title, will that prove that KY belongs in the Southeastern Region? :D

svxter
03-09-2001, 09:44 AM
Well, since you're the unofficial "official" KY representative here, where do you want KY to be? I think of KY as a Southeastern state, somehow - certainly not midwestern, but not mid-atlantic either. That, I think, would include PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA, and WV. New England - NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME.

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 10:12 AM
I agree. So let it be written, so let it be done. Ky is "southeastern."

svxxx26
03-09-2001, 10:54 AM
OK, fine! We didn't want to be in your old southeastern doohickey anyway! :rolleyes:

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 12:07 PM
Well, to be honest, Jerry, I don't know if I wanna be associated with someone who names their car "Sven." Sounds like he might be a cousin to "Thor" and "Red," the "Hiney" brothers. :D

svxxx26
03-09-2001, 12:36 PM
Listen, I don't want to hear any stories about the "Hiney" brothers from someone with the nickname "TATERBOY" :rolleyes:

As for the name "Sven", you'll have to ask Roni about that - she had the car named before we got it. At the time, I was like "yes dear, you can call it anything you like but I WANT THAT CAR" ;)

svxter
03-09-2001, 01:00 PM
Well, in April, maybe you two can arm wrassle for what region WV can be in. :D

PS. I'll probably drop into the chat room tonight after 11:00 or so, if I can stay awake. Maybe I'll see one or the other of you there.

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 01:22 PM
:rolleyes: Well, in that case, I guess I can accept the name, however, you can leave my tater alone. :)

Aredubjay
03-09-2001, 01:24 PM
Bill, that's way past my bed time (of course, I never hit it anyway, so I may see you there).

svxxx26
03-09-2001, 01:28 PM
Hmmm . . . if I lose, does that mean WV has to be in the same region as KY? You ever hear about the Hatfields and the McCoys? ;)

I'll try to make it to the chat room - last time I was there it was like "what does this button do?". Plus my typing speed is close to 3 words per minute! :rolleyes:

SVXphile
03-16-2001, 06:04 PM
I'm wandering around this site like a kid with a candle in Carlsbad....how the heck did you get my (your) picture with your name Jerry?....where am I?.....how come WV aint in the southeast (cause its really in the mid-Atlantic)....I wish this place used the English language...Don

Aredubjay
03-16-2001, 06:15 PM
Bwrg db, dihs dosh mg shwntg. Dn dpt trb shd mahk. Shpt daht dm shst mknflg?

svxxx26
03-16-2001, 08:18 PM
Don! DON!!! Where are you??? (echoes off into the deep cavern . . . Don is obviously LOST) :eek:

SVXphile
03-17-2001, 09:17 PM
Does this place come with an instruction book? Signs on the walls? A trail of breadcrumbs?
(I just HATE new things....I'm such a slow learner!)

SVXphile
03-17-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Oh, thanks Aredub....you're a REAL help!

Rev Hard
03-18-2001, 04:06 PM
WHERE THE FUNK DOES OHIO GO??

I want a region... but it cant have NJ in it. I'd have to put up with that Eric Blonde guy... :)

svxter
03-18-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Gosh, it sounds like perfectly good Klingon to me! Now, where's my dictionary?

svxter
03-18-2001, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Rev Hard
WHERE THE FUNK DOES OHIO GO??

I want a region... but it cant have NJ in it. I'd have to put up with that Eric Blonde guy... :)

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the SVX Quiz Show NAME THAT REGION!!! The winners get fabulous prizes and almost instant fame and recognition, and the losers have to go in with New Jersey! Now, for tonight's question, "Where the funk does Ohio go?" Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick,tick...........

Rev Hard
03-18-2001, 06:41 PM
/me plays the "Jeopardy" theme...

duh duh duh duhduh duh duh duuh
duh duh duh duh duhnt duhduhduhduhduduh

"ok Randy your in the lead with a total of 150some posts, What is your answer?"

:)

PAUL!

p.s. i think ive been on Mirc too much

SVXphile
03-18-2001, 06:58 PM
I know where Ohio go. mon.

Ohio go Mississippi...

Mississippi go Gulf....

Gulf mix water with many seas...

there, I say enough.....(Berma Shave) :)

...I'm still looking for the key to this map...

Aredubjay
03-18-2001, 08:55 PM
You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all together,
You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all together,
Put the lime in the coconut and mix it alltogether,
Put the lime in the coconut and then you feel better,
Say, DOCTOR . . .

(I love planting those endless loops of songs in people's heads)

Ohio should go in the ... shkwittt . . . squillll . . . I'm breaking up . . .. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

svxxx26
03-18-2001, 09:07 PM
AREDUB!!!!!! ARGHHHH!!!!!!

Endless loop of buttons 'n' bows, hokey pokey, coconut, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, so shall it be, so shall it be written, forever and ever, . . . :eek:

svxter
03-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Rev Hard

PAUL!

p.s. i think ive been on Mirc too much

That's called Mirc-ury poisoining.

1994SubaruSVX
03-21-2001, 07:59 AM
talked to the wife and although she will be in mexico at the time i will be at the meet. i have to pay for a GC/Koni install first but after that i will go ahead and make my reservations. email me the address of the hotel so that i can put the info. into yahoo and get a map. it is going to be sooo cool to see sooo many SVX's all in one place. but even more than that i have tons of questions i need to ask. and maybe even stuff you guys can give me some direction on. any way i will be there and i really look forward to meeting all of you. will i be the youngest there?? i am only 24.

Aredubjay
03-21-2001, 08:21 AM
Looking forward to meeting you! Check the "General" forum. Bill has posted all the information you'll need there, including directions from every compass point. Just make sure you do one thing before you leave: tell your wife not to drink the water. :)

1994SubaruSVX
03-21-2001, 01:30 PM
my wife is from mexico so watch it! she is actually spanish and really doesnt look mexican at all. her family owns a really big wholesale jewelry business in San Luis Potosi which is a beautiful city. i went there last year expecting the ghetto, you know how we gringos think about mexico, but what i found was a very beautiful house. hell they live twice as good as i do! her whole family is college educated: her father is an civil engineer, her brother is a MIS major, and my wife is a graphic designer. i guess this is a lot of info. but people always have this horrible stereotype in their minds when i say my wife is from mexico. i keep a picture with me, i will show you in april. we are getting married, religiously, in mexico in may. she is leaving at the end of this month to go and plan our wedding. it is going to be one of those all out affairs, she is a very classy lady. ok i feel better now. see you guys at the meet.

Aredubjay
03-21-2001, 01:43 PM
Lo siento, mucho! I sincerely apologize if I offended. It wasn't my intent. I certainly have nothing against Mexico (even though my only experience there was in Tijuana . . . on HALLOWEEN NIGHT!) Heck, estudio espanol dos anos en me escuela secondaria, with dreams of an extended visit, one day. I still plan on visiting -- perhaps this year (Mine and my wife's 25th Anniversary). So, please accept my apologies and my sincere wishes for your wife's safe travel. Vaya con Dios.

svxter
03-21-2001, 03:22 PM
Faaaan damn tastic. I'm really pleased to hear you can make it. Like Randy said, I've posted direction in the Springtime in the Smokies thread of the General Babble section. The actual address is 215 S. Illinois Ave., Oak Ridge. If you can't get reservations with them, there's a bunch of other hotels/motels within a couple of blocks. I've posted telephone numbers for all of them, but if you need more info, please don't hesitate to ask.

What city is your formal, religious ceremony going to take place? I know that will certainly make her family feel much better about things.

BTW. you don't fly for Fed-Ex, by any really wild chance, do you?

immortal_suby
03-21-2001, 03:39 PM
I ran it by the woman and it looks like we'll be coming to the meet. It's only a half a tank of gas from here so I'd have to come up with a pretty good excuse to not go. I look forward to meeting all of you nutcases in person. I will bring the G-tech Pro in case anyone wants to play with it.

Aredubjay
03-21-2001, 03:43 PM
Hot Damn! 'Bout time some of us "long time associates" get to hook up! Thank "the little woman" for us. Looks like this is shaping up to ge a great meet. However, I don't know if my heart can take two ~20 Car meets in one month! :D See ya in the Smokies!

svxter
03-21-2001, 03:47 PM
Immortal

Really glad to hear it! Yeah, it's going to be some fun time. There should still be a couple of rooms left in the reserved block. If not, I've posted a list in General Babble. If you need any more info, please let me know.

Stay tuned!

1994SubaruSVX
03-22-2001, 07:42 AM
You didnt offend my friend. Nice spanish! I need to work on mine a little. I took two years in college but you know that doesnt mean much! This week I am ordering some GC springs and some Koni's so they will be installed and ready to go by the time we hit the meet. My car will be the lowered red SVX with the Enkei RS6's!! It will be lowered 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. It is going to look good, real damn good!! I can not wait to see all those shiny SVX's, ahhhhhhh......heaven does exist!!