PDA

View Full Version : consequences of flooring the car?

SVXMAN2001
06-22-2001, 11:08 PM
I hardly ever do, but am just wondering what are the consequences of flooring the car (putting the pedal to the floor). I can understand that if something is wrong with the car that flooring it has more of the potential to do harm. But what if pretty much everything is in good running mechanical order? I mean out of anything in the car, from flooring it the tranny is taking the most stress right?

chris
92 claret/black svx

Seraph
06-23-2001, 12:17 AM
If you have a sound comming out of the center of your car (tranny area), do not engage the power mode or floor the car. You can harm the tranny far more (IMHO). But then again, if the tranny is to be replaced, then it has to be replaced. Just hope it's not both tranny and differentials.

Lwin

cxt2001
06-23-2001, 10:40 PM
Sorry this is a little of topic but, Seraphim your car is a front wheel drive model right? Well...if u slam the gas can u lay a pretty fat wheel?

cxt2001
06-23-2001, 10:43 PM
Cuz' when you have a AWD model, you sometimes wish u could lay some wheels.j/k

KEVINL
06-24-2001, 01:27 AM
I am not understanding your question. Although that may be because I am always flooring my SVX and don't see a problem except increased fuel usage

Seraph
06-24-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by cxt2001
Sorry this is a little of topic but, Seraphim your car is a front wheel drive model right? Well...if u slam the gas can u lay a pretty fat wheel?

Well, I don't slam hard and get into that power mode till I am around 60 mph. It's not worth trying to race the SVX at the stop light. You will loose unless you are racing a really riced up 4 cylc. civic. It's a heavy car. At a decent speed, you'd be surprised what the SVX can do.
lwin

joeaux
06-24-2001, 01:30 PM
From a 'rolling' start these cars are awesome. And in the curves not a lot of cars can touch them. I've been in curves at very high speeds and feel completely confident the the SVX will get me out. And it does. Usually the smart ass that thought his car was bad is left way behind when we get to the curves. The others may be better in the quarter, but for the long, high speed, curves, I'll take SVX anyday.
-joe-

svxxx26
06-26-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
I hardly ever do, but am just wondering what are the consequences of flooring the car (putting the pedal to the floor).

chris
92 claret/black svx

Ummmm . . . you might have fun??? :rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX
06-26-2001, 11:53 AM
i floor my car everyday, all the time. she can take it, the car was made to go fast! as far as fwd svx's spinning tire, oh yes, but not to often because tires for my enkei's are expensive. damn! i didnt spin the tires at the MWM :( i really meant to do that......

black-svx
06-26-2001, 11:54 AM
Well I have pretty much floored every car I have had, and quite often, and not had many probs. I doubt its GOOD for the car, and may cause parts to wear sooner, but if it something drastic then I have been lucky. I had a 95 V8 Thuderbird that I put over 100,000 miles on like this, then a 95 Mark VIII with another 100,000, driven the same way, and oh wait thats the car that blew up. . .

Seriously, I am with Kevin on this one, I don't think its that bad, the car is made to be driven at all RPMs and throttle positions allowed, so have at it! I floor mine on average 2-3 times daily

Aredubjay
06-26-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i floor my car everyday, all the time. she can take it, the car was made to go fast! as far as fwd svx's spinning tire, oh yes, but not to often because tires for my enkei's are expensive. damn! i didnt spin the tires at the MWM :( i really meant to do that......

Oh yes you did. You dindn't burn 'em but you darned well barked 'em. Yes, Chris, if Leo is any guage, you CAN lay some rubber in an FWD SVX. :D