PDA

View Full Version : Rear Exhaust Gasket

SVX ROO
10-31-2002, 05:42 PM
I just priced the exhaust gasket just in front of the large tranverse muffler. Dealer wants $69 and on-line it is $48 + 8 shipping. Part is called a "Bearing Seal", part # 44022PA000.

Can anyone explain why this part is so expensive? Is there any reasonably priced alternate that works?

Ideas guys....

Ken

Green1995SVX
10-31-2002, 07:38 PM
Ken-

The part is expensive because it is for a SVX. :) I dont know if there is anything you can do, short of taking the hit and buying the part. Sometimes thats just what ya gotta do. :(

Mike

SVX ROO
11-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Mike
Thanks, but no thanks. Having owned two Lotus for a total of 28 years there is always a better way......

For now, I don't have a significant leak or noise so I will follow the philosophy, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Ken

SVX ROO
11-03-2002, 06:30 PM
Mike et al
when I bought car the seller told me the seal had "fallen out". I took clamp off today and sure enough no seal in sight. However, the design is very good for a gsket-less seal. Pipe is flared and muffler has a matching spiguet. I just coated with a layer of Orange (high temp) RTV and it went together and formed a perfect seal.

Sure glad I did not spend the $60+.
Ken