PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Meet - Newspaper Article

b3lha
10-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Here's the article from the Subaru Dealer Magazine "IM Group Express". I picked up a copy this morning as I was passing. We removed Andy's address incase he didn't want it to be made (more) public.

Phil & Belha.

Green1995SVX
10-28-2002, 03:38 PM
fantastic article!! Thanks for sharing!

Mike :)

Andy
10-28-2002, 04:01 PM
Thanks for posting the article. I am still waiting to get my hands on a copy.

As most Subaru dealers have a copy of my address on their racks, it's a little too late to keep it away from our friends on the wrong side of the pond. It's just a shame that they couldn't spell my name correctly. I will be very interested to see how they spelt my address!!

Thanks again

Andy LINEHAN

oab_au
10-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Thats a good report, didn't dwell on the down side like most.:)

Harvey.;)

Jamsvx
10-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Great article! I am curious about the stats on the number sold in the UK since I had, according to Performance Car, been led ot believe that it was in the region of 860 odd sold in the UK cf the 260 in the article.

We need the data from Subaru of Japan!!

James

mattski
10-30-2002, 09:32 PM
And was it really sold in the UK until 1999?

Matt

svxistentialist
10-31-2002, 07:00 AM
Matt

It is likely that one or two cars were working their way out of "the system" for a year or two after production stopped. The cost of a new SVX was about £39,000, which in the UK is serious money, twice the price of a family saloon.

People wanting to buy one would be alarmed by the low residual value after a few years, and would compare them to Audis, Mercs and BMWs at the same money, all of which have rock solid residuals.

So the cars would likely be "demonstrators" in the dealerships for possibly two years, at which point they could reasonably sell them off at a more acceptable price.

James could verify this was the same pattern on Oz also.

Joe:)

mattski
10-31-2002, 07:08 AM
Joe, thank you. This makes perfect sense and is likely to have happened in the US also.

Matt

b3lha
11-01-2002, 02:18 AM
When we bought ours in Dec '98. There was a garage called "Ace of Kensington" in London which had a new SVX with only delivery mileage in their showroom. They wanted 35K for it.

TonyShaleUK
11-09-2002, 02:26 AM
Great article!

Ron Mummert
11-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by oab_au
Thats a good report, didn't dwell on the down side like most.:)

Harvey.;)

Downside? What downside, Harvey?

Ron. (from upside)

oab_au
11-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Downside? What downside, Harvey?

Ron. (from upside)

Ron I think you had better come downunder to check the view from here. It's much clearer, no pollution.

Harvey.;)

Trevor
11-29-2002, 12:55 AM
Way down under it's even better !

Hi Harvey, Ron , Joe and other gentlemen of the web.

Trevor :)

svxistentialist
11-30-2002, 04:42 AM
Hey Trevor

Your South Island is getting serious coverage on our radio these days. It seems to be one of the idyllic places on Earth to visit. It is in the top 5 "must see" list for the world, maybe the Universe:) :)

Surprising so many of your guys leave it for walkabout, or embarrassing rugby tours.:D :D :D

Joe

wasions
12-05-2002, 10:29 AM
I just got around to reading the article in question and it set me wondering: Where are the "even more exciting Subaru models" that the SVX was the forerunner of?

More exciting than the SVX? They just jest unjustly.