PDA

View Full Version : Rough Idle Problems

SharM
10-16-2002, 02:20 PM
After getting a tune-up, my car started idling roughly and the engine occasionally would miss while stopped. I took it back to the shop and they said they thought it was a bad spark plug. They've had the car for almost a week now and are "still working on it", so I'm thinking it probably wasn't the spark plug and they don't know what it is.

Any ideas?

Sharon
92 Claret SVX
90,000 miles

Boone
10-16-2002, 02:25 PM
The most simple explanation would be a vacume leak, one of the many small hoses could have been displaced. :confused:

Aredubjay
10-16-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SharM
After getting a tune-up, my car started idling roughly and the engine occasionally would miss while stopped. I took it back to the shop and they said they thought it was a bad spark plug. They've had the car for almost a week now and are "still working on it", so I'm thinking it probably wasn't the spark plug and they don't know what it is.

Any ideas?

Sharon
92 Claret SVX
90,000 miles

Usually, a rough idle is caused by a dirty throttle body. Did they clean it as part of the process? A bad MAF sensor sometimes causes rough idling. Also, have them check the coil wires and the boots and make sure they didn't damage them in the process of changing your plugs.