PDA

View Full Version : Subiechips group buy

longassname
08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
I will offer a discount of $13 per person when purchasing as a group. You can organize yourselves into any size group that works for you. You can use this thread to do it. Say you want to buy a Subiechip...You can come in here and say "Hey I want to buy a Subiechip. Does anybody want to do a group buy with me?" If you get one other person to join you you will both get $26 off. If you get two people to join you all three of you will each get $39 off....so on and so on.

If an individual wants to buy a Subiechip but doesn't want to wait for someone else to join him or her they can still get a $13 discount. That will be our new network member discount. Just send me an email that says "Hey I'm on the subaru-svx.net SVX World Network. My paypal email address is nocupholder@svxguy.com please send me an invoice with the $13 discount."

SVXRide
08-16-2015, 03:40 PM
How about a maxed out Stage 1 chip? (Beyond v5) I'm about ready to put my Pearlie back on the Dyno (already baselined it on the same Dyno), so I'm willing to buy the chip and pay for the Dyno time. Engine is stock other than a true cold air pulling through a NACA duct in the side of the front bumper. The 4.44 trams behind it is controlled by one of your TCUs and has one if your custom valve bodies (installed by OT)

By maxed out, I mean full ignition advance, maxing out the stock injectors over the max torque rpm band, and allowing for at least a 7,000 rpm red line.

Bill

longassname
08-16-2015, 04:12 PM
That sounds like current Subiechips tuning unless you are saying you want the fuel changed to spray all out whether the calculations from the air flow meter say it should or not.

92 SVX
08-16-2015, 04:58 PM
What are the discounts/group buy prices going to look like?
I currently have a stage 1 your latest version but am looking at z32 MAF and RB injectors
So would like stage 2

bishop
08-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Im interested, would this be z32 maf and injectors compatible or for stock hardware only?

SVXRide
08-16-2015, 05:41 PM
That sounds like current Subiechips tuning unless you are saying you want the fuel changed to spray all out whether the calculations from the air flow meter say it should or not.

Mike
No, the smell of unburnt gas coming out the tailpipes only works with all out race cars ;-)
What AF ratio is the v5 chip set up for across the max torque rpm band? What if it was tweaked to be close to 13:1 (I'm going out on a limb and figure you went richer with the v5 chip)
Thanks
Bill

longassname
08-16-2015, 11:35 PM
What are the discounts/group buy prices going to look like?
I currently have a stage 1 your latest version but am looking at z32 MAF and RB injectors
So would like stage 2

You wouldn't need the group buy. You can buy an update ROM for $99.

longassname
08-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Im interested, would this be z32 maf and injectors compatible or for stock hardware only?

With Subiechips I dropped the stage 1 / stage 2 / stage 3. The price is the same whether you ask for it for stock maf and injectors or for the z32 maf and 370cc injectors. The regular price is $329.

I was thinking if we could put together a group buy with 10 people I'd knock it all the way down to $199.

longassname
08-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Mike
No, the smell of unburnt gas coming out the tailpipes only works with all out race cars ;-)
What AF ratio is the v5 chip set up for across the max torque rpm band? What if it was tweaked to be close to 13:1 (I'm going out on a limb and figure you went richer with the v5 chip)
Thanks
Bill

Well 1v5 was ECUtune and very old ECUtune at that. The newer ECUtune Stage1av1 has tuning like what I use now for the Subiechips. Stage1av1 is where I started putting full performance ignition timing in the primary ignition table and foregoing the need to learn in ignition advance. Stage1av1 was much better than stage1v5. Subiechips tuning is like stage1av1 but is built on the JDM firmware instead of the US market firmware.

Current afr at wot is about 13 to 1.

92 SVX
08-17-2015, 08:39 AM
You wouldn't need the group buy. You can buy an update ROM for $99.

Good to know thank you.

SVXRide
08-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Well 1v5 was ECUtune and very old ECUtune at that. The newer ECUtune Stage1av1 has tuning like what I use now for the Subiechips. Stage1av1 is where I started putting full performance ignition timing in the primary ignition table and foregoing the need to learn in ignition advance. Stage1av1 was much better than stage1v5. Subiechips tuning is like stage1av1 but is built on the JDM firmware instead of the US market firmware.

Current afr at wot is about 13 to 1.

Mike

what does going with the JDM firmware buy you in the way of greater Hp/Tq?

thanks

Bill

longassname
08-18-2015, 10:17 AM
If you want to do a back to back comparison when you are on the dyno we can find out. There are a lot of code differences. Whether any of them provide a performance difference or not is unknown. I'm prefering the JDM firmware for the EGR delete. It seems like most SVXs have broken EGR systems and the parts to fix them are NLA at the dealership.

Mike

what does going with the JDM firmware buy you in the way of greater Hp/Tq?

thanks

Bill

longassname
08-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Bill #1?
Bishop #2?
#3 anyone?

bishop
08-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Since I cant get a definitions file that will work I'm down for the z32 setup.

SVXRide
08-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Mike

Yeah, put me down for one

Bill

longassname
08-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Got ya down. SVXRide = #3.

Mike

Yeah, put me down for one

Bill

longassname
08-23-2015, 12:00 AM
I don't know guys. I'm thinking maybe we should change it to a group buy of 5 for $264. What do you think?

bishop
08-23-2015, 01:12 AM
My shop guys are trying to convince me to run a megasquirt...

longassname
08-23-2015, 02:06 PM
You're wanting to do a turbo system?

So far every single successful turbo SVX (at least that I am aware of) uses my firmware. Most of them were relatively unsuccessful turbo installations which then switched to my firmware for engine management and greatly improved their performance.

There's just no need to invent your own engine management. My firmware works. The current tuning is very good for forced induction (We did have some problems back when I made that batch of supercharger systems but that is what led to the "aggressive" versions that did away with the learning and lead to my current tuning which slam dunks forced induction).

To anyone who is sold on the idea of being able to do end user tuning my suggestion is always the same. Use my proven firmware to prove your turbo system. After you have all your engine/forced induction/whatever modifications proven with my easy turn key engine management you will be in a much better place to start considering if you really want to change your engine management.

My shop guys are trying to convince me to run a megasquirt...

longassname
08-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Another option would be to let you guys decide when to cut if off if you think the group can come to a consensus about when to do it.
I was offering to give $130 off per unit with a group buy of 10 people. That's $13 per person. We can make the discount $13 x however many people you have in the buy when you decide to close it off.

I don't know guys. I'm thinking maybe we should change it to a group buy of 5 for $264. What do you think?

SVXRide
08-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Mike
$250 and I'll PayPal you now. 😎🚀
Bill

longassname
08-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and make the group buy offer according to my last idea. I think it's a good idea and we can make it a standing offer.

I will offer a discount of $13 per person when purchasing as a group. You can organize yourselves into any size group that works for you. You can use this thread to do it. Say you want to buy a Subiechip...You can come in here and say "Hey I want to buy a Subiechip. Does anybody want to do a group buy with me?" If you get one other person to join you you will both get $26 off. If you get two people to join you all three of you will each get $39 off....so on and so on.

If an individual wants to buy a Subiechip but doesn't want to wait for someone else to join him or her they can still get a $13 discount. That will be our new network member discount. Just send me an email that says "Hey I'm on the subaru-svx.net SVX World Network. My paypal email address is nocupholder@svxguy.com please send me an invoice with the $13 discount."

bishop
08-25-2015, 02:41 PM
I'll probably still be in whenever this does happen.

longassname
12-10-2015, 06:37 AM
I always used to run Christmas sales. Are there any people with SVXs that haven't been fortunate enough to get a chip yet that a sale will help?

SoobCrazy
12-10-2015, 08:00 AM
I assume this offer still only applies to OBD1 cars? Any movement on engine management for OBD2 SVXs?

longassname
12-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes, only OBDI cars. I have no current plans for or any secret development going on for the OBDII cars.

Sorry to leave you out in the dark. These cars really do drive a lot nicer with my tuning but I've never had access to an obdII SVX to work with.

PhyrraM
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
New to the SVX world.

Where can I brush up on info about these tunes? How far can the OEM injectors and MAF go? Can a otherwise stock motor use the upgraded MAF and injectors?

gwynethh
12-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I always used to run Christmas sales. Are there any people with SVXs that haven't been fortunate enough to get a chip yet that a sale will help?

Yes we would. Thanx

longassname
12-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Ok, let's make it a big sale then. I'll knock $80 off. $249 Just for a short Christmas sale. Don't anyone go sitting this out then get PO'd when I won't give this price in two weeks.

To get the sale price send an email to me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and I'll send an invoice. Anyone who is not in the connected 48 include your shipping address up front so I can quote shipping.

Yes we would. Thanx

longassname
12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
http://www.subiechips.com/chips.htm

An otherwise stock SVX can benefit from upgraded mas meter and injectors but there is a substantial expense involved in upgrading the meter and injectors. You shouldn't feel you need to spend that money. Most people should get the chip that matches the stock injectors and meter.

New to the SVX world.

Where can I brush up on info about these tunes? How far can the OEM injectors and MAF go? Can a otherwise stock motor use the upgraded MAF and injectors?

odepaj
12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Any deals for upgrading chips? Two of my SVX are running the older ECUtune software and I'd love to update them.

longassname
12-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Sure, let's knock it down to $74.50 each so $149 for both your cars.

odepaj
12-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Sure, let's knock it down to $74.50 each so $149 for both your cars.

Sold!
I ship you my old chips, correct?

Is that only stage1?

I've been considering stage2 for one of them but don't know how it'll run on a car that is mostly stock intake-wise (but won't be much longer).

longassname
12-11-2015, 11:25 AM
You don't have to send me your old chips back. Just do us all a favor and don't go selling your old chips to unsuspecting people with no memory adapter. Throw them away after you install your new chips.

I do need to know which version memory adapter you have--whether it's one of the big original memory adapters that use two large rectangular 28 pin ROM chips or one of the newer small adapters that use a single small, square 44 pin ROM chip.

I don't use "stages" anymore. With Subiechips you would just specify that it is for use with 370cc injectors and the z32 air flow meter. With Subiechips that is the same price so if you want one for the z32 meter and 370 injectors that's no problem--just specify it.

email me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and what you want and I'll send you a paypal invoice with the sale price.

Sold!
I ship you my old chips, correct?

Is that only stage1?

I've been considering stage2 for one of them but don't know how it'll run on a car that is mostly stock intake-wise (but won't be much longer).

theflystyle
12-11-2015, 11:54 AM
I am interested, lets do this!

longassname
12-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Great, just send an email to me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and what you want and I'll get a paypal invoice to you with the sale price/s.

I am interested, lets do this!

theflystyle
12-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Great, just send an email to me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and what you want and I'll get a paypal invoice to you with the sale price/s.

Looking to see if anyone else is interested for the stacked discount :)

longassname
12-12-2015, 08:43 AM
I wasn't really planning on stacking discounts on top of the Christmas sale discount. No stacking on top of the Christmas sale.

theflystyle
12-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Email sent

longassname
12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Thank you,
Your order shipped this afternoon.

Email sent

odepaj
12-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Email sent!

Edit: Paid!

gwynethh
12-15-2015, 01:12 PM
email sent also.

longassname
12-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you! I'm packing your order right now.

The ROMs for the old style adapter are labeled differently than they were for ECUtune.

data position 0 = odd chip
data position 1 = even chip

I always recommend that you only take one ROM out at a time so you don't loose track of which socket is odd/data position 0 and which socket is even/data position 1.

Email sent!

Edit: Paid!

longassname
12-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you,

Your order is packed as well and will go out in tomorrow's mail.

I did a quick search on youtube for a video on how to use the plcc extractor and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5GdqeeQ6oo

email sent also.

gwynethh
12-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Thank you,

Your order is packed as well and will go out in tomorrow's mail.

I did a quick search on youtube for a video on how to use the plcc extractor and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5GdqeeQ6oo

Thanx. Good info and we have bookmarked it for use later this month.

longassname
12-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Anyone else want to take advantage of this deal before I close it out? Bishop? This is probably better than any group buy you will be able to put together.

I'm running out of plcc extractors so I can only make a few more updates for the newer style memory adapters. I have plenty of stock for updates for old style adapters and plenty of stock for whole new "chips."

bishop
12-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Since my engine blew again I'll be building the my engine and adding boost at some point so the megasquirt is looking like the better option again.

longassname
12-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Every successful turbo car to date that I am aware of is running my firmware. There are zero successful turbo cars that I know of running after market engine management.

Since my engine blew again I'll be building the my engine and adding boost at some point so the megasquirt is looking like the better option again.

bishop
12-21-2015, 12:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfdy034D4NI

longassname
12-21-2015, 07:16 AM
When I saw you posted a link I thought you had found a good turbo SVX running a megasquirt. That would be cool. In fact I have on several occasions provided tuning information up front to those who said they were in the process of building megasquirt systems for their SVX. They just never get done.

Forced induction for an SVX is hard. The space constraints are extreme. There's enough to worry about with the actual turbo system. Those who try to add on making their own engine management system to the project end up giving up before it's all done.

With a proven turn key system ready for very little money it only makes sense to use it to at least develop and prove your turbo system.

longassname
12-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Christmas sale prices are valid until new years.

Lookin4SVX
12-31-2015, 12:55 AM
Just 2 quick questions..

I am running an older ECUtune chip, this one:

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/Lookin4SVX/01_zpsjklrudvj.jpg

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/Lookin4SVX/02_zpsf8xs1dzv.jpg

If I wanted to switch it to a newer chip, what would I need and what would it cost (not on sale price)?

Question #2..

I have CEL with the 1.4 chip installed, dealers tells me is is EGR 56(cal).
Dealers computer tells him it is phantom code and to replace the ECU ROM with a TSB ROM chip to fix the CEL..

**Disclaimer:
This is the same dealer that told me the mechanic they booked my car with didn't feel comfortable changing my power steering belt on my SVX as he never worked on one..
So I don't know if this guy is just blaming the ECU for the issue or what..

I already have a spare ECU with the TSB ROM in it, but it is in the same slot the ECUtune board goes into.

Anyways, just wondering what it would cost to upgrade, and if you ever heard of anyone else throwing a CEL for EGR 56(cal) from your older chips.

longassname
12-31-2015, 07:15 AM
That older style memory adapter uses two 28 pin 8 bit ROMs. Those are the pieces with the ECUtune stickers on them. To update to the new firmware you get an update ROM set. I send you a pair of 28 pin 8 bit ROMs with Subiechips stickers on them that have been programmed with my latest firmware and you replace your ECUtune ROMs with the Subiechips ROMs.

The update ROM set sells for $99 plus $6 shipping = $105 delivered.

The old firmware did not cause any codes. Changing to a TSB ROM will not eliminate your EGR code. Changing to a stock ECU will not eliminate your EGR code. Updating to the latest Subiechips firmware WILL eliminate your EGR code. The Subiechips firmware is built on the JDM basecode so it doesn't use the EGR system and won't throw the code for it.

Some of the EGR parts are no longer available new anymore and a lot of times some of the lines are clogged with carbon build up. It can be difficult to repair your EGR system and get rid of your code.

The sale is till midnight tonight so you can still update at the sale price as long as you do it today.

Lookin4SVX
12-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick answers.

Ok, so I would just replace the chips on the board with the new ones and it will get rid of my CEL, sounds like something I might go for in the spring. Thanks a lot!

longassname
01-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Ok, so the Christmas sale is over now; however, the network discount and group buy offers are once again available.

Network discount is $13.

Email me at usfwalden@aol.com with the email address for your paypal account and I'll send an invoice with the discount applied.

The network discount can be stacked when network members self organize into a group buy. So if you come in this thread and say hey I want to buy a chip does anyone else want to do a group buy with me and one guy says "ya I'm in." Then the two of you each get $26 off. If three of you get together you each get $39 off and so on and so on.

Just think, if 26 of you get together they will be free......Actually, I can't do that but I will let it go as far as stacking 13 $13 discounts together so if you could put together an order of 13 at a time you could each get $169 off.

sd2649
11-05-2018, 02:34 PM

How are you blowing engines? What mods yave you done that are making it unreliable?

sd2649
11-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Group buy anyone? I'm looking to get one...

92 SVX
11-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Group buy anyone? I'm looking to get one...

since you have a 5 speed in already check your ecu to find out if you already have a ecutune chip, stock ecu on decel clutch in the engine dies, but with ecutune chip it doesn't

irox
11-12-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm potentially interested in a group buy.

Since it "will de-activate the EGR system in a US market SVX", does this mean it won't pass the California smog check? (No idea of the EGR will be tested, or effect the test.)

Also, since it "doesn't attempt to take atmospheric pressure sensor readings into consideration", will performance at higher altitudes become an issue?

Do I have to purchase the ECUtune unit separately? Or is it included? Or is it not necessary?

Will this solve the coasting-stall issue with the manual trans swap, or is that only the ECUtune?

Thanks,
Ian.