PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping the SVX

Sean486
05-10-2015, 12:21 PM
So I took the SVX to the body shop and had the roof quoted. Sort of. They are very reluctant to do the work because of the condition of the rubber molding, and the amount of difficulty to carefully sand around it and prime and paint under it. Also they didn't feel it would hold up well. He made some good points and the long and short of it is that I think I am leaning towards wrapping it instead.

I have seen a few on Facebook that have turned out well and the cost is lower than paint. That being said I am thinking of three variations. Please help me decide.

A. Wrap the the roof, deck lid and spoiler in gloss black. Nothing over the silver paint.
B. Wrap the the roof, deck lid, spoiler and hood in gloss black. Nothing over the rest of the silver paint.
C. Wrap the the roof, deck lid and spoiler in a dark silver gunmetal metallic. Nothing over the silver paint.
D. Other

michael
05-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Was it you who contacted me about my roof job? Mine was $400 and it's holding up just fine. I know it's a haul but I do wraps for a living and can honestly say paint is much nicer. Wrap vinyl is only good for 5 years tops before UV rays break down the gloss too.

Sean486
05-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Was it you who contacted me about my roof job? Mine was $400 and it's holding up just fine. I know it's a haul but I do wraps for a living and can honestly say paint is much nicer. Wrap vinyl is only good for 5 years tops before UV rays break down the gloss too.

Michael it was me. I wish i could find that deal around here, was that a special price. Might be worth the trip if you think I can get that price at that shop.

92snowmachine
05-11-2015, 07:16 AM
plasti-dip is also cheaper than paint. it's temporary but will last a few years. had a whole car done for $600. it looks better than a wrap but is less durable.

michael
05-13-2015, 06:03 AM
It may have been, I'm a repeat customer :( might be worth a phone call tho. It was also for just the roof, The wing and trunk lid will bring the price up.