PDA

View Full Version : July 2014 Mercedes Autocross, Winchester, VA

newsvx
07-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Great day for the autocross today .... SVXRIDE drove out with daughter, Lauren, for the event ... Bill, as most now know, recently bought my '92 Pearlie. He keeps "improving" it :). Must have done something right since he beat me by about 1/2 sec today - he got an extra run in the afternoon, and THAT made a difference :D - more practice, you know ;) But he WAS very smooth on the winning run. Daughter Lauren did exceptionally well, improving her times from well over 90 sec to 68 sec!!!

Anyway here are some pics and video of today's event: http://s222.photobucket.com/user/newsvx/library/Autocross%207%2020%2014?sort=2&page=1

Enjoy!
Harry

SVXRide
07-24-2014, 02:37 PM
FYI - I've been working with the President of the MBCA/GWS on determining the correct classes and related indexes so the field can be leveled (count down for Ben's "raw time" comment starts now...). While my indexed time was still faster than Harry's, it was only .044 seconds faster! :eek::cool:

I'm going to have to keep improving my driving (car feels pretty well dialed in now) as Harry will continue to get faster the more seat time he gets in his new ride :D

Bill
p.s. yeah, and Lauren will probably end up beating us both by the end of the season ;):cool:

newsvx
07-24-2014, 03:37 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :D

Right about Lauren!