PDA

View Full Version : SVX Sighting - A406 Wembley

b3lha
10-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Between 12 and 1 today Belha spotted a black SVX parked in the driveway of a house on the A406 North Circular Road in the Wembley area of London.

Does it belong to anybody from here?

Phil & Belha

PS. It's been a bit quiet around here lately.....where is everyone?

PWA1X
10-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Whilst I dont think it was mine - I do have a UK Spec black 92 SVX with rear spolier!! (imported from US and resprayed!). Currently awaiting parts from US to sort out last few niggles and then the car will be perfect......

Paul.

svxistentialist
10-06-2002, 02:04 PM
Yeah Phil

I'm thinking the same thing.

Just when I get promoted to Moderator, there is nothing to wield my power on!:D

SVXers, get back to those keyboards pronto.

Joe

wawazat??
10-07-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist

Joe

They fear your and your wrath my friend! They would be typing, but their hands are trembling too much! :D

Todd

Jamsvx
10-07-2002, 07:25 PM
Very quiet next door in the Australian section - and especially so considering the number on here and the others that I have contacted in Australia (via notes on windshield and the like)

Joe, I think you are scaring them off!!

James

Ron Mummert
10-07-2002, 08:53 PM
OK:

B L O O D
C U R D L I N G
S C R E A M !!!

There.

Ron.

svxistentialist
10-08-2002, 01:38 AM
At least the stalwarths are. Should that be spelled "warts"?

Hi Todd, James, Ron. I was actually staying off-air in case everyone thought my verbal style was a bit Stilton. Or diethorrid or whatever.

My rear bearing is now crying out for attention. The car sounds like a CanAm V8, just like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. Now if I could find me a six-foot red-headed spanner surgeon!! I am tempted to lift the plastic curtain and climb in the window. Except you know the SVX window, been a while since I fitted such an aperture.

Having the rear sound effects module replaced next Thursday. It will be a relief to listen to the soothing bars of Ride of the Valkyries again. From V8 to Wagner in one weekend!!

Randy's daughter was visiting Ireland, and we had a great day with her on Sunday. Real nice girl, and good looking, not a bit like Randy. She flies back today, but enjoyed Ireland.

Let you all know the weekend how my baby gets on at the clinic.

Joe:) :D

wawazat??
10-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Ask Ann about that six foot red headed spanner queen. She might be able to help (or at least hit you with a spanner!)

Where did you and the family get together with Randy's daughter? Just flipped through some of the pics we took, ahhh great memories!

Best of luck with the repair. Best wishes and "Hi" to the family.

Todd

svxistentialist
10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by wawazat??
Ask Ann about that six foot red headed spanner queen. She might be able to help (or at least hit you with a spanner!)

Todd

Let it be known I said six-foot red headed surgeon. Six foot red headed queens are freely available in certain types of pubs, and might be deleterious to my reputation. As a ladies man.

Hi Todd:D ,

We went to the Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle. Great place, esp if you are a culture vulture like me.:)
Lovely restaurant there, simple food very well done, and imaginative salads. Now you see the kind of vulture I am.

Dublin Castle itself is historically and architecturally interesting. On the day, a film crew were filming James Joyce's Ulysseys, which also added to the day's fun. We had a real good time in Megan's company, she is a chip off the old block, and then some. May even get Randy interested in coming over for a holiday. Wendy and you could work on him a bit. We all know they would have a great time.:)

Hope Wendy's workload has levelled a bit and you guys are well??

Joe

wawazat??
10-08-2002, 07:01 PM
No comment about the queens....not me....not going to touch...nevermind:)

While we spent much time in Dublin, we didn't actually see many of the sights. Castle sound lovely. Next trip!

Wendy's work load actually seems to be increasing. Last night she got home at 11:00pm and tonight I HOPE to see her before 12:00. We're off to the west coast tomorrow (Portland, OR) for her sisters wedding.

Cheers!
Todd

Green1995SVX
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by PWA1X
Whilst I dont think it was mine - I do have a UK Spec black 92 SVX with rear spolier!! (imported from US and resprayed!). Currently awaiting parts from US to sort out last few niggles and then the car will be perfect......

Paul.

And who do you have to thank for that spoiler, huh!? :D Glad you like it, Paul!

Mike

CHRISSVXUK
10-12-2002, 03:15 AM
BACK TO THE BLACK SVX! I SEE IT EVERY DAY ON THE A406 AND IT HAS NOT MOVED A INCH SINCE SPOTING IT ABOUT A MONTH AGO. MAYBE ITS A VERY EXPENSIVE FRONT DRIVE ORNAMENT!!!!!
Since the last meet I have had the oil seals done and the timeing belt changed. I am looking for a bit more inexpensive low end zip for the old ladyany ideas!(AND I HAVE ALREADY TRIED LOSEING WEIGHT, STILL DID NOT HELP THE 0-60):p

PWA1X
10-15-2002, 07:57 AM
What Can I say, Mike THANK YOU !! The spoiler looks great on the car as you can see....I have ordered parts from the USA which arrived today to resolve rear bearing noise, blowy exhaust and trim cover for rear wiper arm. So within a couple of weeks my SVX should be FAB! (Ill probably sell it then - joke!)

Paul.:D :D :D

b3lha
10-16-2002, 03:08 AM
Hi Chris,

We were passing Wembley last night, se we stopped at the house with the SVX and put a note through their letterbox with the address of this site. So with any luck they may drop in and say hi.

Regarding your quest for more power, a good place to start might be the SVX FAQ. It discusses the dubious benefits of things like performance air filters and ECU chips and offers a few interesting insights into modifications that actually might work.

http://my.voyager.net/~tmclane/

Failing that, wait until Graham finishes his Supercharger mod :D

Phil & Belha

Andy
10-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Yeah Phil

I'm thinking the same thing.

SVXers, get back to those keyboards pronto.

Joe

Hate to think that you have nothing to do now as moderator, you lazy, good for nothing @#%$$£ @?#%$ and $%R£@> :p :p

TonyShaleUK
10-19-2002, 10:03 AM
I also spotted a 'new' SVX to me in a driveway in Ettington - a red one - I was told there was another in the area by the garage that looks after mine. See if I can contact at some time.