PDA

View Full Version : Autocross SEP 8, 2013

newsvx
09-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Beautiful weather for the autocross today, but there was only a small group that showed up. But some interesting cars and a great course. had a Lotus and a Ferrari F430 join us today - the Lotus had fastest time of the day. Did not catch the "official" afternoon runs, but in practice in the morning, he had a 52 sec run.
My best run in the '92 Pearlie was 56.3 sec, only a second behind the Mercedes AMG's and a Porsche;);). Can not complain :)... Final results are due out within a couple of days. But here are some photos and video: http://s222.photobucket.com/user/newsvx/library/Autocross%209%208%202013?sort=6&page=1

Harry

radarwhiz
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Very nice, Harry. Some cool cars out there. You guys always have such unique courses, I really want to make it to one hopefully this year.

newsvx
09-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Very nice, Harry. Some cool cars out there. You guys always have such unique courses, I really want to make it to one hopefully this year.

Please do come out for one of the last two this year (OCT 13 and NOV 3). Bill Cutlip also says he is coming out for one before the end of the year. Perhaps you both can make the same one ...... ... That would be rather neat! Shame we can not legally run the SVX Race Car - all cars have to be street legal and with a state inspection......

Let me know when you can come out to play and we'll get Bill there too - and perhaps old Tom as well???

Harry

radarwhiz
09-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I looked up those dates and the problem is I'm using up my babysitting favors for Oct 5-6 for Trackdaze on Shenandoah and Nov 9-10 for VIR with the Audi club.

Maybe Tom will come play nanny again. :p :D

newsvx
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Here's the link for the autocross scores / times:
http://gws-mbca.org/ax/ax-13/ax13-6.html

The old 141,000 mile SVX didn't do too badly .......;):rolleyes:

newsvx
09-09-2013, 08:42 PM
A friend sent me a couple of photos of the Pearlie in action - also uploaded some additional photos at the link posted above ....