PDA

View Full Version : colorado Meet?

eclique
09-29-2002, 06:58 AM
Hey is anyone talking about a get together before the snow flies.

nvrmore100
09-29-2002, 11:22 AM
I was thinking about it, just haven't decided where/when. I know Chris sold his, so the numbers that actually are willing to come out are dwindeling. I can probably get Chad out there, as he seemed interested in a few weeks back. Also I got an email from a guy in Evergreen who said he wanted to come to a meet (although this was about 2 months ago. Lastly, and FORGIVE ME I LOST YOUR EMAIL! :) There is a guy that lives about 5 minutes from me, and I completely lost his contact info. He does come on this site though, so I would assume he will see this post.

- Ryan

eclique
09-29-2002, 03:44 PM
di you get around to a paint job yet. I found a place that can match my barcelona red at 28 bucks a pint OUCH. So I feel confident they can do original for you if that be you thoughts. Its a pro paint outfit on Sante Fe.
I am all open to a meet anytime soon or at least before the snow flies.
Mike
insidetrack@qwest.net

eclique
09-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Forgot to mention he just emailed me and said he would like a meet before the car sells may deswayed him to keep it. So maybe we can save him from himself with a meet--what do ya think.

subymtnguy
09-29-2002, 06:21 PM
I posted a thread shortly after the 10th Ann. meet, expressing interest in a Co. gathering. Not much interest was shown.

I am definitely interested, so long as its' after next week... (new tranny being installed).

There is a guy in Winter Park with a "new" SVX, who would like to have a meet before ski season....and a guy in Craig who has shown interest....

Lets try to put something together!

eclique
09-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Ok OK cool sounds like we are all spread out pretty good so before we set a date we need a real idea of who all is goin to show and be fair about the most central location so some of us don't end up driving 6 hours. Can we agree on that for starters.
I am a for sure,Nevermore100 will more than likely confirm,sk8ing19 is selling his car (maybe) but said definate a get together would be a yes.So there is 3 to start with not counting you.
Keep me informed on your end and there are a few locals I haven't left messages on their cars yet so this may grow.

Cheri Mancuso
10-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this site. I was looking for where the next meeting close to Los Angeles, Ca. might be?
I have a 1996 svx fully loaded and have 32,000 miles on it. This is my second svx. I traded the 1992 black & white for the 1996 red svx. I can't believe that there haven't been more sold in the USA.
Glad to see there is a site for svx lovers!!
Cheri

eclique
10-09-2002, 06:00 PM
There has to a cal meet somewhere. But till you find one welcome aboard.
Mike

cargamer03
10-24-2002, 10:08 PM
hey i am really interested in meeting. i live in greeley and i just got my svx so i want to talk about it with people that are into the car as much as i am. my email is tallj03@hotmail.com
thanks guys hope to hear from you soon.
Jon

cargamer03
10-24-2002, 10:10 PM
forgot to mention this but i know around three other people with svx that might be willing to come out and meet
sorry also it is great to find more people that talk about my car with me thanks for helping out
Jon

subymtnguy
10-25-2002, 10:15 AM
How about some bar/restaurant, some Sunday afternoon for a Bronco game? :)

Cheri Mancuso
10-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi,
In response to new emails, I'd be interested to know who is interested in meeting in LosAngeles, Ca?
Cheri

DNSB
10-25-2002, 06:12 PM
I'm interested in the meet. I'm the 'guy' from Craig. Might want to change that to a girl.
But I am very interested in the meet, maybe a time-frame would help.
Keep me posted.

~Deja~

densvxer
10-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Count me in on a local meet, SVX shop talk always interests me.
Finally got the tranny rebuilt amongst other items.
Installing a ur pulley I got from Ovidiu tonight.
Replacement for knock sensor #2 was last night, man want pita that was without pulling the intake manifold.
My SVX is still a work a in progress, need to get some struts and brakes done next.
I'm down in the littleton, co.
Who all locally ski's or rides maybe a Loveland or Breck trip
this winter sometime would be good to?
Sorry I missed the last meet (that I knew of) brandimere wasit?
My SVX was on blocks waitin for greenbacks for most of last year.
As a daily drive now it was definitely worth the wait vs. public auction. Lookin forward to meetin all the locals.

Earthworm
10-25-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by DNSB
I'm the 'guy' from Craig. Might want to change that to a girl.I can vouch for that :D

DNSB
10-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Earthworm
I can vouch for that :D

hehehehe You sure can David ;)

cargamer03
10-26-2002, 10:59 PM
ya sounds good id like that cut they would have to allow minors in. im only 17 :( sorry to spoil everyones fun. but it sounds like a good idea

nvrmore100
10-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Sorry to have been out of the conversation for so long, been working my butt off lately. :(

I like the beer and a bronco game idea. I agree though, we should go to a place suitable for all ages. We don't want to exclude fellow members from any kind of meet.

Keep me informed on what the plan is. I wish I could organize this one again, but due to my busy schedule lately, I'm going to put it in someone elses hands.

As for the info on my paint job..........nope still as ugly as ever. :D Heck it's got a whole year worth more wear on it....it's actually worse! :D

Anyways, someone grab the bull by horns and pick a place and a day, and I'll ensure I'm there.

- Ryan

cargamer03
10-27-2002, 12:54 AM
i agree im there if you want.
i have also confirmed one other guy that wants to go and i will talk to another at school. i would help plan it if anyone wants to talk in person i have an aol screen name of tallj03, and im usually on every night. hope to hear, or see you guys soon.
Jon

cargamer03
11-02-2002, 12:29 AM
can i get a location from every one that would be interested so i can try to locate a city that would be good for everyone to meet at. also give me a time or distance from denver as well. thanks guys
see ya soon:)

subymtnguy
11-02-2002, 07:22 AM
Hi all Colorado SVX'ers!

Yesterday I emailed DaveyGravy to see if he was interested....He is a go....

I think it is time we quit talking about it and put something together.

A couple of ideas have been proposed:
--- A Broncos and beer Sunday afternoon

--- A day at Loveland or elsewhere
How many skiers/boarders are among us? Loveland would be a good place. They are very cooperative to any groups. I have some contacts there if enough are interested. Loveland is a great place, and very reasonable. with no tourists!

I am open to any ideas, and don't mind driving. I would even make it an overnighter if others are interested (so the brew would not be an issue;) )

I will post in the babble forum, to get everyones attention....

BTW: Now I know, DEJA! Sorry! You are the "gal" from Craig!

subymtnguy
11-02-2002, 10:22 AM
I totally agree, the location should be somewhere everyone is allowed. The ski area idea fits this requirement....there appears to be a number of sliders among us....

Time & Date: I'm flexible....but prefer to plan a few weeks from now when the ski areas are fully open (if thats what we decide). At this rate, conditions should be Great! Broncos game? ANY Sunday, ANYwhere !

I believe in the 6 P's (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance) and would be glad to help organize and plan this gathering, with help from anyone who is interested.....(Kinda like Larry III and the 10th meet :D )

Cmon, gang, lets make this work! It seems like "the easteners" have all the fun!

;)

Breck SVX
11-02-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm interested...tonight taking the bus down to denver and picking up my SVX...mmm. The skiing area idea sounds great, Copper or Loveland would be fun.

-Alex

DavieGravy
11-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I'm interested and I don't mind making a drive.

Dave.

NickF
11-02-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm interested, but Loveland doesn't work for me. I have a 6 year old who doesn't ski (so far) and my wife works nights, so...

Nick

nvrmore100
11-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah I'm not sure on the skiing either, I do enjoy it, but it's going to be out of the price range of most people for a quick get together.

I'm still more up for the Bronco / Av's game at a bar/restaurant someplace.

- Ryan

SVXCAPE
11-02-2002, 09:26 PM
I would be interested in attending a meet, bar or ski slope I don't care I'm flexable. It would have to be on a weekend, or I can't go, other than that I'll go with what everybody else decides.

cargamer03
11-03-2002, 02:13 PM
im up for the overnighter thing. not to excited about the skiing but would go and hang out with you guys. sounds fun hope to hear from you guys soon.

SVXCAPE
11-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Any weekend will work for me they are all open. preferably before december.

Breck SVX
11-06-2002, 07:01 PM
Any sunday monday or tuesday would work for me except this sunday. Copper and Loveland sound great, Keystone opens on friday.

-Alex

DNSB
11-06-2002, 07:52 PM
I'm still interested. Not too big on skiing, but I'll hang out.
I'd just need a week notice though.
Seem's I'm not the only one under age, so the bar wouldn't be a good idea. Anywhere else, I'm up for it.

~Deja~

Breck SVX
11-15-2002, 08:11 PM
anyone...anyone...?

DavieGravy
11-16-2002, 10:40 PM
I'm so busy with school and work right now I doubt I could make anything untill the semester's over. But I don't want to inconvenience anyone else, so go ahead and plan something without me if people want to meet sooner.

Dave

Paxton71
12-09-2002, 03:44 PM
I'd attend. I too would need about 1 week of notice.

I'm a beginning snowboarder and advanced beer drinker, so either plan sounds great to me. It doesn't have to be a BIG deal, lets just DO IT.
Didn't y'all do one at Texas Roadhouse once? Lets try again!

I have a stock (no really) 1992 SVX that I drive with Verve.
Looking for some winter tires/wheels.

Here is a big (1/2MB) picture of mine. *yawn!*

http://members.ivwnet.com/paxton@ivwnet.com/picture/AZ%20trip%20001.jpg

Zeppelin
12-23-2002, 07:33 PM
Hey guys, just moved to CO.. Where and when are you guys planning on meeting? I'm in Grand Junction..

MNYPNNY
12-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Evidently I see how I rate......

My suggestion is somewhere in the middle, with or without skiiing since I don't do it.

Dillon/Silverthorne??
There's skiing, there's shopping, etc.

Plan a weekend mid to late January.....

Does anyone care?

~~Michelle

Zoombaru
12-25-2002, 08:16 PM
There's an upcoming Subaru meet in Castle Rock on the 4th. We're meeting at 1:00 in the (northwest?) corner of the parking lot of the outlet mall by the Nike store. I would have posted here earlier, but I just came across the website. We're hoping for a decent turnout with Subarus of all years and models. I don't know if you folks spend much time at NASIOC.com (formerly I-Club) since the SVX section is pretty small, but it was mostly discussed on there. I've been doing my best to spread the word, but if all of you would let your Subaru driving friends know, that'd be great. It'd be a boring meet if the majority of the cars were WRX's. Hope to meet some of you on the 4th. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. ;)

subymtnguy
12-26-2002, 07:12 AM
Hi Michelle! Where ya been?
Summit County works for me.....not much of a shopper; but some of the best skiing on the planet is there!:D :D
Mabey BrekSVX has some ideas on a gathering place....lots of parking hassels in Summit....

Broncos are not much of an issue anymore:mad:

Zepp: Welcome to Colorado! We need to make another liquor store run sometime!

Zeppelin
12-26-2002, 10:07 AM
Tom, anytime you want! We'll stop and see what's going on at the next gang shooting though....

SHISVX
12-27-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Tom, anytime you want! We'll stop and see what's going on at the next gang shooting though....

hey!!!!!!!!! how was the move???? how is the girl????? are you still going to reading???? miss ya buddy, you got my cell# try using it, i wanna know how you are doing!;)

Kelli

Zeppelin
12-27-2002, 02:24 PM
The move was alright, except for speeding ticket #3 in a year span for me :(

Zoombaru
01-06-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Zoombaru
There's an upcoming Subaru meet in Castle Rock on the 4th. We're meeting at 1:00 in the (northwest?) corner of the parking lot of the outlet mall by the Nike store.
Not a single response in the thread (got one PM), and not a single SVX showed up. Pretty disappointing...doesn't say much about the SVX community around here. :mad:

DavieGravy
01-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Somehow I missed this your post in this thread about that event. Did you have a good time at least? Did those WRX drivers like your SVX?

Zoombaru
01-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DavieGravy
Somehow I missed this your post in this thread about that event. Did you have a good time at least? Did those WRX drivers like your SVX?
The meet was really fun :) Hopefully we'll do another one again at the end of the month? Who knows...

I don't have an SVX anymore :( But I drove my '88 RX and it got a little bit of attention, mostly "wow there's a spare under the hood!" A lot of people were saying that they were disappointed that there were no SVX's, XT's or lifted Brats, but hopefully at the next one there will be a little more variety. The only variety at this meet was 2 RX's and a Legacy...then 2 guys from The Ultimate Subaru Message Board showed up really late after people had already begun to leave. Next time you folks had better come!!!

cargamer03
01-19-2003, 11:33 PM
hey sorry about not showing up. i was in a wedding in co springs and it started around 1:00. i thought that i saw some svx that were there cause when i drove through castle rock i saw 3 right next to each other. but maybe that was just a coincident. ill do my best to make it to the next one.
Jon