PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point Raceway Track Event

newsvx
03-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Thought you might be interested in some photos and videos of some interesting cars at the Summit Point Raceway Track Event this weekend - going back today. This is also the first opportunity my son, Tom, has had to get his new race-prepared Mustang on the track. It's a 1991 with 460 HP and runs like stink.... enjoy: http://s222.beta.photobucket.com/user/newsvx/media/Track%20Event%20Mar%208%202013%20Toms%20Race%20Car/RSCN2205_zpsd852becd.jpg.html Other autocross and track event albums in the left column ...
Sorry the photos and videos are not organized in proper order - PhotoBucket is playing around with changes and has NOT gotten things sorted out yet ...

Harry

benebob
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Nice pics Harry but that engine is way too much for the boy. Why don't you tell him I'll trade him straight up wtih a stock 5.0. :D

newsvx
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Ben, At 40 plus years old and autocrossing and doing track events for 20 years and instructing at multiple race tracks, I think he can handle it. :D Seriously, he a MUCH better driver than me. Not that that says a lot, but he is good .... And he's taking it easy with this beast of a car - he only drove about 60% this past weekend - he's still sorting things out re the car and his ability to control it. It is a big change (and he knows it) from his last track car, a 2004 Focus SVT. He would give the Cobra Mustangs a fit with that little car at Summit ;)

Harry

benebob
03-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Ben, At 40 plus years old and autocrossing and doing track events for 20 years and instructing at multiple race tracks, I think he can handle it. :D Seriously, he a MUCH better driver than me. Not that that says a lot, but he is good .... And he's taking it easy with this beast of a car - he only drove about 60% this past weekend - he's still sorting things out re the car and his ability to control it. It is a big change (and he knows it) from his last track car, a 2004 Focus SVT. He would give the Cobra Mustangs a fit with that little car at Summit ;)

Harry

Again the offer stands. That engine would do nicely in my 2200lbs TVR.:lol: