PDA

View Full Version : OEM parts discount?

SUPER
09-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm new so sorry if this is a stupid question...

Is there a Subaru parts department manager that will provide a discount to the SVX community and ship parts to network members? I have a Celica Supra and am a member of that forum (celicasupra.com). One of the vendors is a parts manager from a dealership. He gives a 25% discount. Even after paying UPS shipping, it can amount to a great deal of savings. Anyway, I guess I am just hoping. I need to order a few parts to get my new to me SVX up to snuff.

92 SVX
09-24-2012, 01:53 AM
check this thread

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59436

Subachouli
09-24-2012, 06:11 AM

Is there a Subaru parts department manager that will provide a discount to the SVX community and ship parts to network members? I have a Celica Supra and am a member of that forum (celicasupra.com). One of the vendors is a parts manager from a dealership. He gives a 25% discount. Even after paying UPS shipping, it can amount to a great deal of savings. Anyway, I guess I am just hoping. I need to order a few parts to get my new to me SVX up to snuff.

I can do this. Do I need to contact an admin on this site to set up some sort of vendor account? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Jim (Subaru parts guy in MA)

SVX92-97
09-24-2012, 05:26 PM
You should befriend your local subaru parts guy, and youd be surprised what they could do for your if you buy lots of parts over time. I get 20-25% off of list on anything, and buying in cash saves on taxes for me.:D

SUPER
10-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I can do this. Do I need to contact an admin on this site to set up some sort of vendor account? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

PM sent.

I hope you can make this happen. Looks like most folks in this community have other Subarus in their stable.

SUPER
10-17-2012, 09:09 PM
PM sent.

I hope you can make this happen. Looks like most folks in this community have other Subarus in their stable.

Just ordered some parts. Let's see how it goes. :D

BRZCory
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
You should befriend your local subaru parts guy, and youd be surprised what they could do for your if you buy lots of parts over time. I get 20-25% off of list on anything, and buying in cash saves on taxes for me.:D
This.

I get all my subaru parts at wholesale price. You could also call them up "Hey, this is Ed form Ed's garage, I need parts for this SVX we just got in..."

svxistentialist
01-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Hello Jim

Apologies if you have not had a response from our administration side up to now.

You may have noticed we don't carry any vendor accounts and we generally like to let our members deal with suppliers based on referrals and experience of posters who deal with good suppliers. Caveat emptor applies.

However we do have favourite suppliers, my own being Jackie at Annapolis, rapid response, good discount and reasonable shipping being key points for repeat business.

The Forum does not endorse any single suppliers as of yet but we will highlight them if our users have had good service.

Your generous offer of discount is notable though and it prompts me to consider that we could in this thread post up a sticky that gives contact details for enterprises that offer good service and discount to members.

Please expect contact from us when we have discussed at Admin level how best to highlight our good suppliers, and what will be the qualification criteria for inclusion in our Favourite Sellers list.

Joe

SUPER
01-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I have purchased parts from jim 2x. Great service and price.

Subachouli
01-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Thank you, both. I'm here to help if needed. :)

Jim

I have purchased parts from jim 2x. Great service and price.

Hello Jim

Apologies if you have not had a response from our administration side up to now.

You may have noticed we don't carry any vendor accounts and we generally like to let our members deal with suppliers based on referrals and experience of posters who deal with good suppliers. Caveat emptor applies.

However we do have favourite suppliers, my own being Jackie at Annapolis, rapid response, good discount and reasonable shipping being key points for repeat business.

The Forum does not endorse any single suppliers as of yet but we will highlight them if our users have had good service.

Your generous offer of discount is notable though and it prompts me to consider that we could in this thread post up a sticky that gives contact details for enterprises that offer good service and discount to members.

Please expect contact from us when we have discussed at Admin level how best to highlight our good suppliers, and what will be the qualification criteria for inclusion in our Favourite Sellers list.

Joe

ensteele
01-01-2013, 11:17 PM
This is a good forum for us to do that. We can post the product or parts and give instructions on where or how to get them at a good price. :)

Subachouli
02-05-2014, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to update this thread if anyone is looking for OEM parts, and sort of introduce myself to anyone who could use my help.

I take part in running the site mastriasubaruparts. com. (I work in the parts department at a Subaru dealer based in Raynham, MA.)

I've dealt with a few members here with OEM parts sales, as well as private sales from my own stash of SVX stuff.

We have recently revamped our website a bit. We are now offering a 30% discount for most OEM Subaru parts. (I am no longer available to offer additional discounts or free shipping with coupon codes, sorry about that.)

I'm here at Subaru on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7am-7pm, and Saturdays from 7-5. Someone is always here during business hours to process orders, but I'm sort of the resident SVX guy at the dealership.

If you need to get in touch with me for any reason, you can email us at parts@mastriasubaru.com.

Email is usually the best way to get in touch with me as I check my computer often. (I usually browse the SVX network on my spare time, so if you need to contact me regarding new OEM parts, please email me at the dealership and not through PM)

I look forward to any service I can provide to the community. Consider me one of your dealership hook-ups.

Jim

ShiuludeSVX
09-07-2014, 10:17 AM

I did that with my local for quite a long time, and he was selling to me for what used to be called "Jobber" prices. Now the Finkelstein Sh$t Kid answers the desk and won't play nice. I will see about Mastria now. Unless somebody here can save me some dough on strong trunk struts???? or re-engineered replacements.

Woosh. Found this post......http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62106&highlight=trunk+struts
That will save me what I'm looking for, and I can do the mod. Did my front's that way.

SUPER
04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Bump. I have bought lots of parts at a discount from Jim. Highly recommended.

theflystyle
04-01-2015, 04:10 PM
If you mean Subachouli, then he hasent been online since 06-21-2014

SubaruPartsGirl
08-26-2015, 08:37 AM

I don't visit here too often but we have always offered discounts to forum members. You just need to contact us directly, ask for Jackie and mention that you are a forum member.

See info below...

92 SVX
08-26-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't visit here too often but we have always offered discounts to forum members. You just need to contact us directly, ask for Jackie and mention that you are a forum member.

See info below...

Yes I can say she has always taken care of me.

Thanks again Jackie

SubaruPartsGirl
08-27-2015, 06:31 AM
It is our pleasure, thank you!