PDA

View Full Version : Any stores left that sell aftermarket SVX parts?

svxcess95
08-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Hello All,

I haven't been working on my SVX for some time but am starting to ramp it back up. I went on the Motorsport Warehouse-SVX site and it looks like they've shut down (I was going to purchase a Euro Grill, Cryustal Clear Headlights, and the Grille-AWD Emblem).

Does anyone know of any stores on the inetrnet that still stock and sell SVX aftermarket parts?

Any info would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Svxcess95

bwb3
08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
The site is still working for me?

http://svx-motorsport-accessories.stores.yahoo.net/

Gene

Sean486
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello All,

I haven't been working on my SVX for some time but am starting to ramp it back up. I went on the Motorsport Warehouse-SVX site and it looks like they've shut down (I was going to purchase a Euro Grill, Cryustal Clear Headlights, and the Grille-AWD Emblem).

Does anyone know of any stores on the inetrnet that still stock and sell SVX aftermarket parts?

Any info would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Svxcess95

Are you sure about that? Looks to up and running fine.
http://svx-motorsport-accessories.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

svxcess95
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I know the still up; I just didn't know if they were actually still in business.

I've been trying to call and email (to confirm products are still available) but haven't gotten a response in over a week :(

Best SVX store I've found, poo!

icingdeath88
08-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Also smallcar.com has some good stuff. Some not so good stuff too, though.

flamestone
08-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Also smallcar.com has some good stuff. Some not so good stuff too, though.

Which side do their clear headlight and corner light kits sit on?

Green1995SVX
09-09-2012, 01:08 PM
You know, the "euro grill" as motorsport warehouse calls it, is just the stock grill that came on 1997 svxs. You can buy it from any Subaru dealership for less money. :)

Sean486
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM

I have seen them installed on a few cars and they look great.

icingdeath88
09-09-2012, 05:07 PM

Sorry I missed this question. I had them on my white car (see pics in the link in my signature), and I thought they looked great, and I got quite a few positive comments on them too. However, what they are made of is softer and less resilient than what regular headlights are made of. They were only ~3 years old and they had enough yellowing that I needed to polish them. I have heard mixed, polarized opinions on them from people on each forum. Also, they require irreversible modification of the stock headlights, and seem to me like they would be a pain to install. Not very cheap either.

My recommendation would be to try polishing up your stock headlights. The stock headlights look very nice when in good shape. The smallcar clear lenses look great compared to the yellowed, old headlights on most SVXes, but they wouldn't look so great compared to some that are new or in great shape. If polishing isn't enough to make them look good, then give the smallcar lenses a shot.

Also the JDM clear turn signals definitely look much nicer than the smallcar clear turn signal lenses.

processengr
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Ice's description of the smallcar lenses, which we have on two of our SVXi...is right on the money...read the installation instructions BEFORE you buy...

See the last pix on this link to see the smallcar fronts and sides at their best...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60494

This is my favorite Black SVX!

1986nate
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
You know, the "euro grill" as motorsport warehouse calls it, is just the stock grill that came on 1997 svxs. You can buy it from any Subaru dealership for less money. :)

Funny that it's the JDM grille and not even a "Euro" grill.:rolleyes:

flamestone
09-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the detail on these.

Also the JDM clear turn signals definitely look much nicer than the smallcar clear turn signal lenses.

Agreed. Luckily I'm in Australia so clear turn signals are all I know. :D

But my mechanic accidentally cracked one of them, so they'll need replacing sooner rather than later. The crack has expanded from top to bottom now. :(