PDA

View Full Version : plastic cover on front grill

SVXCH
09-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Hi folks

I took today the front grille out from mine 1992 SVX, it wasn't a problem. Now my question:

On this grill is outside a black plastic cover. So this cover stops the airflow through the grille into the cooler. I don't know, if this cover is only on European SVX, or maybe specially in Switzerland. Most fun is, this cover can be taken away.

I saw on many pictures from USA SVX that they don't have this cover, so, as you can see, I took it today away.

Can somebody tell me, why we have in Switzerland (or maybe in other countries) this cover on the grille?

The more air flows to the cooler the better it is for the engine, isn't it?

Greetings

Kusi

mohrds
09-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Kusi,

Do you have a picture with the cover on? I can't visualize what you are talking about.

Doug

SVXCH
09-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I just scan the cover, because of this there you see littlebit color = scan quality is bad. Color is normal black.

This cover matches exactly over the open part what you see on the upper picture.

With this cover the grille is complete close and there doesn't go any air through it. Because of this I took it away. Last but not least it looks also much more better.

Sorry for my poor english.

Kusi

Boone
09-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Kusi, This would seem to be an accessory for arctic use, to maintain coolant temperature. Certainly remove it for temperatures above about -13 degrees C. Boone :p

Aredubjay
09-15-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Boone
Kusi, This would seem to be an accessory for arctic use, to maintain coolant temperature. Certainly remove it for temperatures above about -13 degrees C. Boone :p

Exactly what I was thinking. The radiator, in my Triumph Spitfire was so small, that, in the winter, I could not get heat. I used a Fed Ex tyvec envelope to block half the radiator so that I could get enough heat to keep me toasty. It would have been nicer to have something "custom" like yours for such purposes. But, I'm guessing that they didn't figure anyone would be crazy enough to drive a Sptifire year 'round. :D

SVXCH
09-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Ok, I become today answer from the Subaru Garage and........

nobody knows for what this cover is good!!

This is really funny. Ok, it doesn't matter why, they say this cover can be taken away without no problems.

Kusi

Aredubjay
09-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by SVXCH
Ok, I become today answer from the Subaru Garage and........

nobody knows for what this cover is good!!

This is really funny. Ok, it doesn't matter why, they say this cover can be taken away without no problems.

Kusi

Must have been used for shipping and they forgot to take it off. :D