PDA

View Full Version : hmmm interesting ... custom made coilovers

aust92pearl
01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
anyone got the cash to lay out on these bad boys :lol::ninja:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COILOVERS-SUBARU-Alcyone-SVX-Vortex-XT-XT6-Outback-/110798479135?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19cc1a9f1f

svxfiles
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Thats a GREAT price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$1047 UA is currently $1073 USA.

Wasn't someone from Austrailia just looking for struts?

Chuckls
01-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Thats a GREAT price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$1047 UA is currently $1073 USA.

Wasn't someone from Austrailia just looking for struts?

Yeah, Joel was.

North Ursalia
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
That's cheaper than Koni inserts and a GC kit and you don't have to do any cutting/welding. Good deal.

aust92pearl
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, Joel was.

i got some but there was also someone else on the fb page that was after some , which reminds me il imbox him a link to them to see if he is interested haha :rolleyes:

aust92pearl
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
That's cheaper than Koni inserts and a GC kit and you don't have to do any cutting/welding. Good deal.

yeah all pluses :D and they can post them worldwide :cool::rolleyes:

North Ursalia
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I sent a request for quote with 4 kg/mm springs, adjusters, and the remote cables to make adjusting the rears easier. It's great that they come with mounts and are re-buildable!

icingdeath88
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Let us all know how that goes.

Green1995SVX
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I ordered a set of these a while ago but haven't gotten them yet. I will post pics when I get them.

Sean486
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Does it seem too good to be true? It would be great to have another option.

Green1995SVX
01-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Nate is in the process of negotiating a group buy on these. He was waiting until I received the set that I ordered, in order to inspect the quality and make sure they were a viable option.

BRADY
01-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Ahhhh.

This is really good.

:)

92 SVX
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes it is, figure close to 12-13 hundred with the pillow top adjustable top plate and built to your specs.
That sounds like a better deal then the ground control setup.
Though I am not sure on that.

1986nate
01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
As Mike said, he and I have ordered a set to test out both the build quality as well as functionality of the product. As soon as I have a set in my hands, we will be testing them out. After that, The plan is to get a group buy with as many people as possible to hopefully save on the shipping costs by having one large shipment as opposed to ordering them individually.

1986nate
01-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes it is, figure close to 12-13 hundred with the pillow top adjustable top plate and built to your specs.
That sounds like a better deal then the ground control setup.
Though I am not sure on that.

Gene, I haven't forgotten about PMing you either. Look for one come Monday or Tuesday or I may just give you a call if you let me know what time works best.
With the move, I've just had to focus my attention on that.

92 SVX
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Gene, I haven't forgotten about PMing you either. Look for one come Monday or Tuesday or I may just give you a call if you let me know what time works best.
With the move, I've just had to focus my attention on that.

I understand. You can call or txt anytime, I generally dont have any bad times to call.

halistan
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Any idea how long it might take to get info on a group buy? I'm interested in this as the next thing I had planned on replacing were the struts, but i'm having problems finding OEM ones. If these work well, sign me up!

solarsvx
01-06-2012, 12:24 PM
i would be intrested in it as well

North Ursalia
01-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Having done group buys before, especially for large or heavy items, it might be helpful to look for LTL carriers near you who would give you a shipping discount on a large number of packages at once. Some part (probably somewhat substantial based on weight alone) of what is saved in a group buy might get eaten up in re-shipping once they hit the USA.

Regardless, after speaking with Cedric, I have high hopes that these are going to be a great option (93tzlegacy's SVX was the model for these, great pic here http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58977). Mine are paid for and they'll start on them on Monday- I'll report on how they handle the atrocious roads up here in New England as soon as I have them in.

sunvalleyray
01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Check out Andy's custom coilovers @

info@amrengineering.com

Ray

Seraphinwolf
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I sent a request for quote with 4 kg/mm springs, adjusters, and the remote cables to make adjusting the rears easier. It's great that they come with mounts and are re-buildable!

I'll wait to see your set before deciding to no t rebuild the coilovers set I have...

svxcess
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM

This link is now dead. The auction in over and no further information is available. :(

North Ursalia
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
This is the seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/gt4-celica/

Conn SVX
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
What happened? Did you ever get any ?

92 SVX
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
What happened? Did you ever get any ?

I'm betting its too soon for him to have got them.
He said his order would start to be built on monday, and I believe it will take a few weeks for it to arrive.

North Ursalia
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, not here yet- paid with PayPal and with my credit card, so should things go horribly horribly wrong I'm assured of getting my money back. I don't think there will be any issues, I think they are just a bit overwhelmed and pulled the auctions down.

BRADY
02-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey!

So what is going on with this? I just sent a message to the seller via eBay. Was this all too good to be true? I need resolution damn it!

Mike

BRADY
02-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Just got this reply - Good news.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. Yes we are still making those coilovers.

You can contact me directly on my email at compressionandrebound "at" gmail.com (edit: compressionandrebound@gmail.com )

Our adds are down at the moment, as we are setting up our brand and website. It should be up and running next week.

Let me know what kind of setup are you looking for, comfort, adjustability etc. and i will advise.

Best regards,
Cedric

- gt4-celica

SURTEESS
02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
When this is done & someone has proved that all is well - this information should be placed into the "suspension section" of "how to do"

North Ursalia
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Mine should be shipping out of OZ shortly

North Ursalia
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Has anyone actually received these that ordered (or a working tracking number)? I've been being told since Feb 5th they were shipping but stuck in customs; I realize customs is slow, but not six weeks slow.

I opened a PP dispute as a precaution (haven't heard from Cedric since 2 Mar) and I paid with a credit card in any event so I know I can get the money back if need be, I just want to put the heads-up out there and see if anyone has heard anything different.

Green1995SVX
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Has anyone actually received these that ordered (or a working tracking number)? I've been being told since Feb 5th they were shipping but stuck in customs; I realize customs is slow, but not six weeks slow.

I opened a PP dispute as a precaution (haven't heard from Cedric since 2 Mar) and I paid with a credit card in any event so I know I can get the money back if need be, I just want to put the heads-up out there and see if anyone has heard anything different.

Same story with the set I ordered. Cedric has been responding to my inquires within 12 hours every time, though.

North Ursalia
03-13-2012, 07:21 PM
This was the latest I got this morning:

Hello Brian,

I had a bad news, my Taiwanese partner might have a cancer, he was in hospital all last week, so the custom issue didn't get solved. He is doing some other tests today, i'm waiting for the results. Based on the results i will let you know an ETA for the coilovers. I hope it can be all solved very soon.

If my partner condition doesn't get better, i will have to be in Taiwan this week to see what we are going to do with those issues.

I will let you know asap when i have any news.

Regards,
Cedric

Doesn't much explain everything between Feb 5th and last week though.

Green1995SVX
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
This was the latest I got this morning:

Hello Brian,

I had a bad news, my Taiwanese partner might have a cancer, he was in hospital all last week, so the custom issue didn't get solved. He is doing some other tests today, i'm waiting for the results. Based on the results i will let you know an ETA for the coilovers. I hope it can be all solved very soon.

If my partner condition doesn't get better, i will have to be in Taiwan this week to see what we are going to do with those issues.

I will let you know asap when i have any news.

Regards,
Cedric

Doesn't much explain everything between Feb 5th and last week though.

This smells really fishy to me.

Sean486
03-13-2012, 09:22 PM
This smells really fishy to me.

Yeah, I am not sure how you paid but I would be looking to open a dispute before it gets too late.

Green1995SVX
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I am not sure how you paid but I would be looking to open a dispute before it gets too late.

I paid with a wire transfer, so I'm SOL if it falls through. I went based on countless positive reviews that I read on various forums, plus the positive experiences of the network member here who already has one of these setups.

Sean486
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I paid with a wire transfer, so I'm SOL if it falls through. I went based on countless positive reviews that I read on various forums, plus the positive experiences of the network member here who already has one of these setups.

I hope for the best, not only for you, but for all of us who may need these in the future.

North Ursalia
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I paid via PayPal with a credit card and already opened a PP dispute. If PP doesn't refund me, the CC company will.

I emailed Cedric and flat out told him it was extraordinarily fishy, and that anyone can ship a package and pay customs fees. Customs is awful but it shouldn't take from Feb 5th until now to clear. I asked him for ANYONE who has had a set arrive so I can talk to them myself. I also asked for a voluntary refund on his part until they actually ship. I usually get a reply about 6 in the morning eastern time, so we'll see what tomorrow may bring.

Green1995SVX
03-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I paid via PayPal with a credit card and already opened a PP dispute. If PP doesn't refund me, the CC company will.

I emailed Cedric and flat out told him it was extraordinarily fishy, and that anyone can ship a package and pay customs fees. Customs is awful but it shouldn't take from Feb 5th until now to clear. I asked him for ANYONE who has had a set arrive so I can talk to them myself. I also asked for a voluntary refund on his part until they actually ship. I usually get a reply about 6 in the morning eastern time, so we'll see what tomorrow may bring.

I emailed him earlier today asking for a status update as he emailed me 5 days ago and said that they'd be shipping in a "day or two". If I get a response that's anything other than "they've shipped and here's the tracking number", I'm going to ask for a refund until he's ready to stop lying and they're actually ready to ship.

He clearly makes a good product and has sold a lot of them -- just look at his ebay feedback. There are some complaints about shipping time, but everyone seemed to receive them and was happy. I can deal with delays for a long long time. I'm very patient. But, when it's obvious that the reasons for the delays are lies, I don't like that.

SVXMAN2001
03-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Seems like they are using stebro's business model :/ Im still hoping this pans out for svx owners

North Ursalia
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I still want them, and I'm still hoping, but no response as of yet.

Green1995SVX
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Seems like they are using stebro's business model :/ Im still hoping this pans out for svx owners

That was certainly running through my head.

Green1995SVX
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I still want them, and I'm still hoping, but no response as of yet.

For the first time since I started dealing with him, he hasn't responded to my email that I sent yesterday. I sent another, more stern email tonight.

North Ursalia
03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Got a reply just now:

Hello Brian,

I will find a solution, you will have the kit for sure.

I'm waiting for the results from my partner still, then either we can release the kits that are stuck at the customs, or i will find an alternative solution. All the SVX kits are stuck.

They are requesting this amount of money for all the kits that have been sent over the last year + a fine, and they are blocking every sendings until my partner pays the amount.

I will let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Cedric

Green1995SVX
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
This just in:

Hello Mike,

I am so sorry for the late reply and the delays, the situation has been awful.

My partner in Taiwan has had an health issue since last week, he has been doing tests this week, according to last week tests, he might have a cancer.

I have been waiting for test's results today, i hope to know more about my partner's health issue tomorrow. If it cannot be solved by early next week. I will get the kit sent from another of my supplier, under my new company/brand.

Let me know if that would be ok with you.

Best Regards,
Cedric

North Ursalia
03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
At least the story is the same, so hopefully we all get our suspensions and hopefully all will be well with his buddy in Taiwan.

Green1995SVX
03-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I got another email from Cedric today thanking me for my patience and understanding. I'm glad he's staying in contact.

Green1995SVX
04-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Hear anything recently? He emailed me a few days ago to say he's having to produce them through another source.

North Ursalia
04-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Same story here-

Hello Brian,

I'm organising for the kit to be built, i will let you know during this week when it can be shipped. It will not take long.

Regards,
Cedric

Sean486
04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
sounds promising

Green1995SVX
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello Mike,

It's the end of the problems now, i've sorted out all my supplies and the kit is being assembled this week.

I will let you know asap what is the ETA.

I'm going to Taiwan tomorrow to make sure everything goes to plan and trying to see if my previous supplier is ok since i don't have any news since the operation.

I will let you know asap.

Thank you for your understanding. I can promise you that you will be satisfied with the kit. And there will be no more delays in the future. We will have kits assembled in 2 working days for the 1 way adjustable and 7 working days for the 2 ways.

I will also be using more suppliers for the various parts so if one lets me down, i wont be stuck like this time.

Best Regards,
Cedric

North Ursalia
04-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I got a similar story yesterday- here's to hoping

BRADY
04-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Fingers crossed!!

You can do it Cedric! We are all cheering for you!! You are close to victory!

:domo::lock::b&::banana::woo:

:D:lol:

Green1995SVX
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I got a similar story yesterday- here's to hoping

Have you heard anything from Cedric as of late? Just wondering.

North Ursalia
04-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Got this the other day:

Hello Brian,

I want to make sure that everything is perfect for the kit, we had to make new drawings for the CNC machining, as the new mounts will be machined in T6061 alloy since my previous partner left us.

After this kits are made, it will take only a few days to custom build other kits with custom valving. We just need to get the mounts right.

I will let you know if it can be shipped during this week.

Regards,
Cedric

jetboy
05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
What's the status? Still waiting for the first set to be inspected? Will this kit require anything but the actual swap?

North Ursalia
05-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I do not believe that anyone has gotten a set at all. I asked for a refund until the struts ship, and got this back after 4 days:

Hello Brian,
The kit is not finished yet.
I'm flying to Taiwan tomorrow mid day and i will be at the factory on monday morning to make sure everything is done properly, and to take care of all the other stuff pending in person.
You know that i was providing top customer service and fast reply when everything was running smoothly. But now this has just been hell for me. I don't sleep at night, i got sick this week from all the stress and hassle, that's the main reason why i wasn't communicating. I just hope everything will go back to normal asap.
To be honest with you, my partner managed to steal over 33,000usd from me and about the same to my shock maker. I've been in touch with a debt recovery company in Taiwan this week to try to get this money back. But nothing is sure, if he flew to HK or China, i have no chance to get my money back.
I've been in some serious troubles and so much stress.
You have my new company website etc... I haven't been promoting the new website yet as everything didn't go back to normal as fast as i was hopping, but it would help me a lot if i wouldn't have to refund you until the shipping date since i had to to pay twice for the parts of your order. I'm really paying out of my pockets for your kit to be made without any profits at all.
And even worst, paypal blocked my account due to the delivery issue and they blocked all the funds for the payment i got from customers for 180days... They didn't care if it was my fault or not. I want to do the best for my customers so i have to pay out of my pocket until paypal releases my money...
I will let you know asap when it can be sent. I hope it's ok with you.
regards,
Cedric

I'm sympathetic, but it has been one excuse after another- two weeks ago it was "new CAD drawings because they are using new material for the strut mounts" and while I'm no CNC guru, I don't think you need new drawings for a different material. Shrug.

Green1995SVX
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I do not believe that anyone has gotten a set at all. I asked for a refund until the struts ship, and got this back after 4 days:

I'm sympathetic, but it has been one excuse after another- two weeks ago it was "new CAD drawings because they are using new material for the strut mounts" and while I'm no CNC guru, I don't think you need new drawings for a different material. Shrug.

I received an email from him the other day after having to email 3 times asking for a status update. He had said 3 weeks ago that he expected them to be ready in 1-2 weeks, so I emailed and asked what the holdup was. He said that they are "still in production."

Sigh. We'll see, I guess. At least he's still responding. :rolleyes:

jetboy
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
And still nothing?

North Ursalia
05-21-2012, 02:10 PM
The latest I have is:

Hello Brian,

I'm sorry for the late reply, i just went back to France. It was good that i went to Taiwan to double check everything for the kit.

The factory has been working on the parts, and it will take a few days only to be completed. We are waiting on some mounts to be completed.

I'm waiting for the confirmation on the definite shipping date.

I've set the reply to to our company email: info@ceikaperformance.com

Best regards,
Cedric

The website is up now, which is somewhat of a good sign I suppose.

North Ursalia
05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Somewhere, there is a snowball happily cold and frozen in hell :lol:

Hello Brian,

The coilovers are ready to ship, would you have a contact number for the shipping company?

Best regards,
Cedric

WYOSVX
05-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Still looking at AMR Engineering here and can't find my posts regarding their coilovers... expecting shipment late June... hoping anyway... question about spring rates:

anyone? : " 450/350, 8k and 6k rear "

what does that feel like?

jetboy
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
So an international man of mystery is frequenting between Taiwan and France to make some suspension sets for a bizarrely obscure car? For real? :)

North Ursalia
05-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Cedric Powers, International Man of Suspensiontry

icingdeath88
05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Still looking at AMR Engineering here and can't find my posts regarding their coilovers... expecting shipment late June... hoping anyway... question about spring rates:

It feels nice. Well, it feels really firm, and kind of harsh. Which is nice. It corners flat :)

That's a good starting point, but if you're concerned about comfort, I'd go about 3/4 that stiff.

Crazy_pilot
05-22-2012, 07:31 PM

I like it, but it does get kind of subjective with spring rates like those. The car corners totally flat, but it's also extremely firm. You'll notice every single ripple in the road surface, and larger bumps are quite jarring. Overall it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make, but largely because the SVX isn't my primary vehicle anymore. I don't know if I'd trade comfort for performance every day when I'm stuck in traffic.

icingdeath88
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I like it, but it does get kind of subjective with spring rates like those. The car corners totally flat, but it's also extremely firm. You'll notice every single ripple in the road surface, and larger bumps are quite jarring. Overall it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make, but largely because the SVX isn't my primary vehicle anymore. I don't know if I'd trade comfort for performance every day when I'm stuck in traffic.

I agree 100%. They are doing a lot of construction on a main road I travel about 5 miles on every day to work, and they've really messed it up. You really do feel all the bumps, big and small. But since I've got the other car, it doesn't really bother me so much.

I have an extra set of 375/300ish springs in case I ever feel the need for a change as well. Springs are cheap - the struts and the overall setup is what's expensive. So don't worry so much, WYOSVX, if you find it too rough of a ride, and the struts are adjustable, then it's not that big of a deal to change to a bit softer springs. And those interested in autoX will want 450/350 or so.

oab_au
05-23-2012, 05:37 PM
High spring rates like these, limit wheel travel. At speed, especially in corners, it will cause the wheel to skip over small bumps to loose traction.:eek:

Harvey.

WYOSVX
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Good point about wheels skipping over bumps. Got a lot of that in my brother's Mustang. Do you think AWD helps with that? Isn't it a trade-off? If so, what's the sweet spot where spring stiffness is enough for performance without too much skipping? I suppose it depends on the roads, too. Track use is going to be rare if ever.

svxfiles
05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
High spring rates like these, limit wheel travel. At speed, especially in corners, it will cause the wheel to skip over small bumps to loose traction.:eek:

Harvey.

Harvey, I have about six or seven SVXi running on 400 front, 300 rear coil overs w/Konis, they all ride well and handle great!
My Claret has 450 f/350r and even on these bumpy roads ride well and handle better than I can drive.
By the way, MY setups run with 10" front springs and 12"trear springs, so as not to limit travel.
They also sit about 1" taller than stock,
body roll is not a problem,
getting in and out at 56 could be.:o

North Ursalia
05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Woot.

Hello Brian,

Yes it was shipped. It might arrive friday, otherwise monday. Let me know if you have any questions when you receive them.

ps: I've set the reply to our company email: info@ceikaperformance.com

Regards,
Cedric
CEIKA Limited
http://ceikaperformance.com

Even got a tracking number for them. Of course as things usually go, I have basically zero time to put these in when they come because of my work schedule. Hopefully will have them in soon after they arrive though.

Sean486
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Woot.

Even got a tracking number for them. Of course as things usually go, I have basically zero time to put these in when they come because of my work schedule. Hopefully will have them in soon after they arrive though.

That is great news! Let us know what you think when they come in.

Green1995SVX
05-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Woot.

He told me last week that they would ship on Friday. I emailed twice over the weekend, and he finally responded and said that they would ship on Monday and he would send me the tracking number then. It's now Wednesday and i haven't gotten a tracking number, and no response to my email requesting it, despite the fact that he's posting, touting his products on facebook. :/

North Ursalia
05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Which address did you use? The info@ceikaperformance.com or his personal one? He has been replying within a day from the info@ceikaperformance.com address.

Green1995SVX
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Which address did you use? The info@ceikaperformance.com or his personal one? He has been replying within a day from the info@ceikaperformance.com address.

I've been emailing the info@ceikaperformance.com address. Still no response. :(

92 SVX
06-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Got a phone call this morning from DHL shipping they said they had an international package for me it would be delivered between 9-5 and asked if I would be home.

Far as I know this is the only package I am expecting internationally so hopefully its it.

I got the tracking number from her and tracked it online and it left the factory 8pm wed. and left asia 6am thursday even accounting for time differences thats a fast ship time.

Green1995SVX
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Grrr. He's still not responding to me.

North Ursalia
06-01-2012, 12:48 PM
HUZZAH!!!!! Mine just arrived, of course I'm at work for 7 more hours :D

svxcess
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
HUZZAH!!!!! Mine just arrived, of course I'm at work for 7 more hours :D

PICS!!

Green1995SVX
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I received mine today!

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo2-12.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo1-8.jpg

redlightningsvx
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Mike, now hurry up and get your mechanic slave(nate) to put them in.

92 SVX
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Mine came in too. I will be putting them on soon, maybe this weekend, just have to make sure to get an alignment after.

svxcess
06-01-2012, 02:18 PM
What were the specs you gave as to ride stiffness,type of damping, spring rate, etc.?

Since my Polo will probably never see a track or autocross course, I want to know what configuration would give you the closest ride and handling as what came new from the factory.

No fancy stuff, just the smooth ride, a decent amount of damping and the slight ability to adjust ride height.

Green1995SVX
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
What were the specs you gave as to ride stiffness,type of damping, spring rate, etc.?

Since my Polo will probably never see a track or autocross course, I want to know what configuration would give you the closest ride and handling as what came new from the factory.

No fancy stuff, just the smooth ride, a decent amount of damping and the slight ability to adjust ride height.

John-

That's exactly what I wanted. When I ordered the suspension, I requested that they be set up to give me a ride as close to stock as possible. I don't know what the exact specs are, but that's how they are set up, presumably. I also ordered (and paid extra for) remotely adjustable rear shocks, and didn't get those, so who knows. I'm not complaining. I'm just elated that I received anything at all!

icingdeath88
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I received mine today!

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo2-12.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo1-8.jpg

:drool: neat. They must be lighter than the koni setup as well. How strong do the front swaybar endlink tabs seem?

Sean486
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
So glad that you guys received them, :):) I am looking forward to your reviews of them once installed.

How do they look to you, quality wise?

Green1995SVX
06-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I haven't seen them in person yet, however my father described them as "a work of art" over the phone to me. I'll be in the office tomorrow so I will check them over and post better pics, too.

92 SVX
06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
some quick pics I took of mine

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20001.jpg

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20002.jpg

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20003.jpg

92 SVX
06-01-2012, 06:59 PM
The bottom that bolts to the knuckle is adjustable up and down as well I am unsure how well the endlink connection is it seems to be heavy duty but its not very thick.

svxcess
06-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Can you tell if the finish in the strut body, adjustment rings and the coilovers are paint or powdercoated?

svxfiles
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
some quick pics I took of mine

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20001.jpg

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20002.jpg

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/svx%20coil%20overs%20003.jpg

They look FANTASTIC!:drool:

North Ursalia
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
PICS!!

They are at dad's- I needed to send them somewhere someone would be home to receive them. I'll be getting them in the morning :)

NikFu S.
06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Awesome! We should probably keep tabs on who orders next as not to flood them with work. :rolleyes:

svxcess
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Exactly which of the coilover sets did you order? The website offers many types.

What were the options regarding mounts, remote cables, etc.

Are other color combinations available?

They state they are rebuildable. Who performs this service if needed? Oviously, this is not my area of expertise.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16394&stc=1&d=1338609963

92 SVX
06-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Exactly which of the coilover sets did you order? The website offers many types.

What were the options regarding mounts, remote cables, etc.

Are other color combinations available?

They state they are rebuildable. Who performs this service if needed? Oviously, this is not my area of expertise.

Ok I am slightly unsure exactly what I ordered but I paid 1205AUD
Single spring, front and rear camber plates I dont believe these have adjustable damping.

92 SVX
06-02-2012, 12:20 AM

Can you tell if the finish in the strut body, adjustment rings and the coilovers are paint or powdercoated?

I would say the springs are powdercoated, and its possible the rest is as well, they dont scratch easy.

but it might just be good paint. the surface seems more like paint then powder.

North Ursalia
06-02-2012, 11:21 AM
My take is this:

Springs - appear to be powdercoated
Adjustment rings - anodized
Camber plates - anodized
Bottom bracket - painted
Brake line/swaybar bracket - painted

The strut body I'm iffy on - it is either painted very well, or it is anodized. It does not scratch like the bottom bracket where they mount to the knuckle (I had to dig at the finish to get through it, will paint over my scratch before they go on the car).

The bracket for the swaybar could be thicker, but I don't have much concern they won't do the job. They could be fairly easily replicated if the need arose. The studs and bolts appear to be stainless, and the bearings turn very smoothly.

Overall, I am very pleased; I did get my rear remote adjusters, but they really amount to not much more than a flexible ratchet extension (knob at the top, set screw at the bottom to hold them on) much like this:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16396

jetboy
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Can't wait until someone mount them!!

The overall impression of the quality is... ?

I will buy them asap if all turns out fine.

And yes, they look FANTASTIC!

Green1995SVX
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
OK. I have some detailed pics of mine. I did, indeed, receive the remote adjusters which are really nice. The adjustment is excellent and clicks into the different settings. Far better than the Konis where you're just guessing. The very bottom part that mounts to the knuckles is aluminum. The shock body is steel, and I believe it's powder coated. The perches are anodized aluminum. The springs seem to be powdercoated. The quality is very very good in my opinion. I should have them on the car on Monday.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09894.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09895.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09896.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09897.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09898.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09899.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09900.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09901.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09902.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09903.jpg

Green1995SVX
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09904.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09906.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09907.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09908.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09909.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09910.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09911.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09913.jpg

icingdeath88
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Very nice indeed. Congrats, guys.

So those tools in the last pic are to tighten up the perches I'm guessing?

Where will the remote adjusters for the rears go? Do they stay connected and tucked out of the way somewhere or do you still have to take apart the back seats to get to them to attach the little thingy before you can adjust them?

Chuckls
06-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Very

Where will the remote adjusters for the rears go? Do they stay connected and tucked out of the way somewhere or do you still have to take apart the back seats to get to them to attach the little thingy before you can adjust them?

I would assume you could tuck them under the speaker cover, or make a small hole for them to run through.

Ricter
06-02-2012, 06:01 PM
These pictures and the fact the delivery became a reality sold me.

I need to get on the bandwagon!

Hocrest
06-02-2012, 06:51 PM
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/DSC09911.jpg

Is this the sway bar mount?

North Ursalia
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes sir it is

Lookin4SVX
06-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I need struts, this has me interested, I got a few questions.

So one set of them has rubber top mount and the other set has metal?
Are they are both the adjustable type top mounts?
What is the difference between these 2 sets in ride and performance and cost?

This is a direct bolt on replacement?

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Ok ran into a problem trying to install these, I seen my top plate looks different then the other photos I believe it is the wrong one, the bolt holes dont match up.

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coilovers%20top%20plate%20003.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coilovers%20top%20plate%20002.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coilovers%20top%20plate%20001.jpg

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
And another problem, the rear top plate is the right size but the opening to the knuckle(front and rear I checked) is too small. The knuckle has a 30mm thickness and the coilovers are only 26mm.

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coilover%20mount%20to%20knuckle%20001.jpg

Sean486
06-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Hmmm, not so bolt in after all. :( What's your course of action going to be; to modify until they fit or request replacement parts?

Crazy_pilot
06-03-2012, 10:42 AM
How do the two bolts of the lower flange match the knuckles? It looks like the WRX fitment of my Stance coilovers.

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Hmmm, not so bolt in after all. :( What's your course of action going to be; to modify until they fit or request replacement parts?

I emailed him with pics, I cant do anything about that front top plate and so if he is going to send me replacements I want fitting at the knuckles as well.
I am just going to take the wait and see approach, I dont know how much these cost in relation to other setups but I feel I paid enough to have parts that work. I could grind down the knuckles if I needed but that is a last resort.

How do the two bolts of the lower flange match the knuckles? It looks like the WRX fitment of my Stance coilovers.

the bolt hole placement looks to be good. one hole is slightly slotted, for more adjustment I guess.

SVXRide
06-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Is this the sway bar mount?

Doesn't look like it's in the right location, does it? :confused: Based on my experience with my "non-stock" front sway bar and the way the stock brackets are attached to the strut housing, I'd have to say the brackets shown in the pic will be bent out of shape in no time...

Bill

Green1995SVX
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
The lower mounts on mine are definitely wrong like yours are. I almost immediately noticed that they looked too narrow, but I kind of ignored it. I haven't checked the top mounts. I recall that the guy who got the very first set of these coilovers several months ago had issues with fitment, and cedric did make it right for him.

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 04:12 PM
The lower mounts on mine are definitely wrong like yours are. I almost immediately noticed that they looked too narrow, but I kind of ignored it. I haven't checked the top mounts. I recall that the guy who got the very first set of these coilovers several months ago had issues with fitment, and cedric did make it right for him.

Your top plate is black in color?
the pics posted it looks bigger then the one I have. I think mine was a mistake in packing

I remember the guy in au I think he shaved off the knuckle

Hocrest
06-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Doesn't look like it's in the right location, does it? :confused: Based on my experience with my "non-stock" front sway bar and the way the stock brackets are attached to the strut housing, I'd have to say the brackets shown in the pic will be bent out of shape in no time...

Bill
Yeah, I was thinking of you when I saw these.

Green1995SVX
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Your top plate is black in color?
the pics posted it looks bigger then the one I have. I think mine was a mistake in packing

I remember the guy in au I think he shaved off the knuckle

My top plates do seem to be correct. They are black. I got an email back from cedric and he said that he will send replacement parts for the lower knuckle mounts.

North Ursalia
06-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I got an email back from cedric and he said that he will send replacement parts for the lower knuckle mounts.

Are the knuckles 30mm both front and back end? My car is with the mechanic and I can't check. I just checked my coilovers and the mounts are all 26mm, want to get the word to Cedric.

Thanks!
Brian

svxfiles
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Are the knuckles 30mm both front and back end? My car is with the mechanic and I can't check. I just checked my coilovers and the mounts are all 26mm, want to get the word to Cedric.

Thanks!
Brian

I just checked a stock, just removed SVX rear STRUT,
and a well used, Konified SVX front STRUT,
and they were 30.04mm rear, and 30.98mm front.
I do not at this minute have an SVX on the lift, but will tomorrow,
and can check the ACTUAL knuckles.

North Ursalia
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Thank you sir - mine is currently getting a clutch and a much fresher motor put into it :)

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I checked with a rough caliper gauge I have and it looked like the front and rear actual knuckle was 30, I wonder if making the mount for the coil over 31 would hurt. I know the strut mounts are 31.5-32 but they are made to compress.

svxfiles
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I checked with a rough caliper gauge I have and it looked like the front and rear actual knuckle was 30, I wonder if making the mount for the coil over 31 would hurt. I know the strut mounts are 31.5-32 but they are made to compress.

Yes, our stamped steel ones are made to compress/draw tight.
Cast or forged aluminum, not so much!:eek:

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ya thats what I thought, if someone has exact measurements that would be best.

Green1995SVX
06-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Can those who have tested the fitment verify that the bolt holes on the lower mounts are spaced correctly? I'm working with Cedric to get correct lower mounts done, and that was a question that he had.

92 SVX
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Can those who have tested the fitment verify that the bolt holes on the lower mounts are spaced correctly? I'm working with Cedric to get correct lower mounts done, and that was a question that he had.

I had the lower mount placed up to the knuckle and placed the bolts through the knuckle and they stuck out through the bolt holes on the lower mount.

Green1995SVX
06-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Here's where I stand. I have been working with cedric today sending him measurements. He thinks it will be easier and cheaper to have the bottom mounts machined locally to me. I'm going to take them around to some local places and get quotes and get it done. Both of my upper mounts are incorrect, front and rear. The front mounts are close, but not right.

svxcess
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Who did the R&D for these plug-n-play units? Too many mistakes to feel confident about.

Is Cedric going to reimburse you for the machining expenses? Is he going to address the current problems on future orders so that there are no fitment problems.

Green1995SVX
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Who did the R&D for these plug-n-play units? Too many mistakes to feel confident about.

Is Cedric going to reimburse you for the machining expenses? Is he going to address the current problems on future orders so that there are no fitment problems.

John-

It seems to have been a mixup at the factory as they provided the incorrect top and bottom mounts. When I emailed cedric, he emailed back with what the measurements should be and the numbers he had were perfect.

As with any brand new product, I'm sure there are some bugs to work out. He offers so many possible fitments, it would be cost prohibitive, i'm sure, to pretest all of them. This stuff happens when you have a small business.

Yes, he is going to reimburse for the cost of the machining. He said that the latest set of SVX coilovers that he shipped were perfect, so I believe it has already been addressed.

WYOSVX
06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Since you guys are in the coilover trenches, can you tell me what the length of the shock bodies is on your new shocks? Also, what is the stock hub width?

AMR Engineering asks, "I got the width of the shock brackets from the OEMS, but what are the stock hub width." Also wondering why the shock bodies look so long. He is setting up to manufacture a set for me, made in the USA. More options for all!

Thanks!

Green1995SVX
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Here's where I stand. I have been working with cedric today sending him measurements. He thinks it will be easier and cheaper to have the bottom mounts machined locally to me. I'm going to take them around to some local places and get quotes and get it done. Both of my upper mounts are incorrect, front and rear. The front mounts are close, but not right.

I want to correct this post for the record. My rear upper mounts ARE correct. The only thing that is off on the upper mounts of mine is one stud is in the wrong place on the front upper mounts. Otherwise, they're correct.

92 SVX
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I want to correct this post for the record. My rear upper mounts ARE correct. The only thing that is off on the upper mounts of mine is one stud is in the wrong place on the front upper mounts. Otherwise, they're correct.

I emailed these to cedric, I really dont know how it happened but I think I got a wrx set.
This shows the rear top plate sitting on the front top plate, its obviously too small

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Svx%20Coilover%20dont%20fit%20002.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Svx%20Coilover%20dont%20fit%20003.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Svx%20Coilover%20dont%20fit%20004.jpg

Crazy_pilot
06-05-2012, 05:33 AM
IIRC, our rear plates are actually smaller than a WRX. I had to move the stud on mine inward to fit.

svxcess
06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Since you guys are in the coilover trenches, can you tell me what the length of the shock bodies is on your new shocks? Also, what is the stock hub width?

AMR Engineering asks, "I got the width of the shock brackets from the OEMS, but what are the stock hub width." Also wondering why the shock bodies look so long. He is setting up to manufacture a set for me, made in the USA. More options for all!

Thanks!

+ 1.

These are the units I am waiting for. Andy at AMR also said that we will not need to replace or use our rubber strut mounts since his system does not need them.

Plus their lifetime warranty on springs and dampers to the original purchaser. In over 4 years of production, they have NEVER had a coilover fail.

http://www.amrengineering.com/#

Green1995SVX
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
IIRC, our rear plates are actually smaller than a WRX. I had to move the stud on mine inward to fit.

Correct. I thought my rear plates were way too small when i saw them, but I held them up to a stock strut mount and they were perfect. Our rear top mounts are very small. I think your rear plate is correct. Your front plate is off in exactly the same way mine was.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo-16.jpg

Green1995SVX
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I dropped off my bottom mounts at the machine shop today. I learned a lot about how this sort of stuff works, and they basically said it would be no big deal to "fix" the bottom mounts. I dropped off a spare spindle assembly that I had off of a car so they could take measurements from it. They should be done tomorrow.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo4-7.jpg

svxcess
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM

So if the bottom mounts are machined to be about 2.0 mm thinner on each side, does that compromise the strength in any way?

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coilover%20mount%20to%20knuckle%20001.jpg

Green1995SVX
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM

So if the bottom mounts are machined to be about 2.0 mm thinner on each side, does that compromise the strength in any way?

That's sort of a silly question, isn't it John? Of course it's going to make the mount less strong. However, there is already a ton of material there. It's certainly still going to be incredibly strong.

1986nate
06-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Have you seen the OEM struts?????????

icingdeath88
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Have you seen the OEM struts?????????

To be fair, aren't these made of different material? Aluminum of the same strength as steel will generally be a good amount thicker, won't it? Even if it's lighter? Aluminum has a higher strength-to-weight ratio than steel (wrt bending), but also a much lower density.

But yea I think there will be more than enough left over to get the job done.

svxfiles
06-05-2012, 09:37 PM
To be fair, aren't these made of different material? Aluminum of the same strength as steel will generally be a good amount thicker, won't it? Even if it's lighter? Aluminum has a higher strength-to-weight ratio than steel (wrt bending), but also a much lower density.

But yea I think there will be more than enough left over to get the job done.

What He ^ said.
But I was also concerned with machining away metal to make things fit.
I do not remember the ratio,
but when I fabricate something out of aluminum
(LOVE IT!)
compared to steel
(easier)
it has top be ALOT more robust!

halistan
06-06-2012, 07:08 AM
So any idea when we can get a review of these? If these work out, i'm ready to buy some right now :)

svxcess
06-06-2012, 09:15 AM

Will also be interesting to see a review on the ones that WYOSVX is getting from AMR as well.

Can never have too many options. I like their tooling and machine work.

lXZP4P6X7Q4

Plus I want something that will complement my silver Bontrager swaybar and polished exhaust. Red, black and gold coilovers are a distraction to my eye. :p

icingdeath88
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Plus i want something that will complement my silver Bontrager swaybar and ploished exhaust. Red, black and gold coilovers are a distraction to my eye. :p

You should see the rainbow that is my suspension setup:

red painted calipers
yellow konis
gold and red coilovers
purple lateral links
blue bontrager bar
blue (but a different blue) and silver kmac top mounts

It ain't much to look at but it gets the job done.

Quick question. The top plates of this setup adjust camber, caster, or both?

Green1995SVX
06-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Will also be interesting to see a review on the ones that WYOSVX is getting from AMR as well.

Can never have too many options. I like their tooling and machine work.

lXZP4P6X7Q4

Plus I want something that will complement my silver Bontrager swaybar and polished exhaust. Red, black and gold coilovers are a distraction to my eye. :p

I'm not sure if there is a thread for the other coilovers, but if there isnt, it may be a good idea to start one. That way the information you've been posting about them in this thread isn't confused with the type that those of us in this thread have purchased.

Green1995SVX
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
The machine shop called me this morning to let me know that the bottom mount modifications were done. I couldn't get out of the office early enough today to make it there to pick them up, so I'll get them tomorrow. I will post pics.

92 SVX
06-06-2012, 06:59 PM
The machine shop called me this morning to let me know that the bottom mount modifications were done. I couldn't get out of the office early enough today to make it there to pick them up, so I'll get them tomorrow. I will post pics.

How much did it cost?

Also is cedric sending us new mounts or just reimbursing for machining our own?

Green1995SVX
06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
How much did it cost?

Also is cedric sending us knew mounts or just reimbursing for machining our own?

He told me he would reimburse me. He gave me the option of waiting for new mounts, but I figured this would be easier. It cost about 100 bucks.

92 SVX
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
ok, I was thinking shaving the 2mm out of each side would be an option but what about the wrong top plate?

Green1995SVX
06-06-2012, 08:44 PM
ok, I was thinking shaving the 2mm out of each side would be an option but what about the wrong top plate?

Cedric said he'll be sending replacements for those. I gave him the proper dimensions. I'll probably have my machine shop make replacements in the meantime though so i don't have to wait.

sunvalleyray
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
I have been to AMR twice and inspected Andy's work...the best I have seen. On the list of upgrades, hopefully soon.

Ray

Green1995SVX
06-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I got a chance to get down there and pick up the lower mounts today. They look great, and there is still a tremendous amount of material left. Both I, and the machine shop employees think that they will be more than strong enough. I dropped off the front top plates and they took measurements from my car to replicate the top plates with the proper dimensions. He said they'll be done next week. Also, if anybody has issues getting the proper uppers from Cedric, I can have these made and ship them to whomever needs them.

Below are pics of the machined lower bracket, and the completed rear unit ready to install.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/machinedlower.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/completerear.jpg

North Ursalia
06-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Very nice! I need to find a machine shop that will do this. Cedric is sending me top mounts.

92 SVX
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
How much would that top plate from your machinist cost?
I am going to check locally, but it may just be easier since your guy has the dimensions.

North Ursalia
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Having trouble finding someone to mill the brackets- nobody will do it for liability reasons. Harder to get done than I thought it would be.

Green1995SVX
06-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Having trouble finding someone to mill the brackets- nobody will do it for liability reasons. Harder to get done than I thought it would be.

If you end up not being able to find someone locally, I'll be happy to have yours done by my guy if you want to send them. Luckily, the main industry in the town where I live is tooling and machining. There are tons of specialist machine shops around here. I used this place because they have done work for me before and are always very nice and eager to work on car related stuff. They find it to be much more interesting than what they work on normally.

Green1995SVX
06-07-2012, 07:13 PM
How much would that top plate from your machinist cost?
I am going to check locally, but it may just be easier since your guy has the dimensions.

He estimated about $150 for the pair. Keep in mind, Cedric is saying he will send revised plates. I just went ahead and had my own made because of how long it took to get the coilovers in the first place. I'm skeptical that i'll get the revised top plates in a reasonable amount of time.

WYOSVX
06-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Just wondering: Anyone with the new coilovers willing to measure the length of the shock bodies and share that info?

thanks

92 SVX
06-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Just wondering: Anyone with the new coilovers willing to measure the length of the shock bodies and share that info?

thanks

Rear 22.5 inch

Front 19.25 inch

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Coilover%20length.jpg
I used the 1 inch mark as a start point to hopefully make it more accurate.

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/Coilover%20length%20front.jpg

svxcess
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Has anyone installed the "modified" coilovers yet? We are waiting for your reviews.

Green1995SVX
06-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Has anyone installed the "modified" coilovers yet? We are waiting for your reviews.

I have all of the parts from the machine shop, and they're ready to be installed. Unfortunately, my life doesn't completely revolve around my SVX, so it may be some time before I have an opportunity to install them.

I thought you had already decided you were waiting for the other brand.

jetboy
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Are there any developments in this foray? :)

92 SVX
06-28-2012, 10:10 AM
has anyone heard from him about reimbursing the machine shop cost?

I sent him several emails and the receipt and have not heard one thing.

I also got new top mounts made as I have not heard anything about getting top mounts either.

North Ursalia
06-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Emailed on the 11th, the 15th, and today again. Nothing as of yet.

North Ursalia
06-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Got this back today:

Hello Brian,

Sorry for the late reply, yes i got your email and i got some new mounts and plate made, they should be completed and shipped early next week.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Cedric
CEIKA Ltd
info@ceikaperformance.com
http://ceikaperformance.com

92 SVX
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
I too got a reply, asked for my paypal so hopefully that will be reimbursed soon.

Green1995SVX
07-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I just wanted to post pics of the custom top plates that I had made locally. The one on the right is the larger custom plate which will actually fit the SVX. The one on the left is the incorrect one which came with the units originally.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh448/halfwindows/photo-18.jpg

North Ursalia
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Got a "we missed you" from the USPS today- it is a package with a tracking number from Taiwan :). Hopefully will be some top mounts and lower mounts. Of course, the car isn't on the road again while it gets an engine put together that doesn't burn 4 quarts of oil every 1000 miles. Figures.

92 SVX
07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
The bolt spacing on the bottom mount on mine does not fit nor is there a sway bar mount point.

What I and others first took to be the swaybar mount is actually the abs sensor wire mount.

:mad:

Green1995SVX
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
I received the top plates from Taiwan yesterday. They look identical to the ones I had made locally. If anybody doesn't receive their top plates, I have an extra set.

North Ursalia
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
My box was the top plates and the new bottom mounts- there are no swaybar mounts on the front ones, but at this point, I'm just going to weld a mount on myself. The updated bottom mounts sent are clear anodized, and I'll just paint them once I weld a bracket on.

92 SVX
07-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I emailed him about it and he said there is a spin on collar with swaybar mount point he thought they were sent out but he said he will send it out to me.

Green1995SVX
07-14-2012, 09:56 PM
I emailed him about it and he said there is a spin on collar with swaybar mount point he thought they were sent out but he said he will send it out to me.

I wish he'd respond to my emails.

WYOSVX
07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Update on coilovers made in the USA by AMR:
I'm reading all these updates hoping that the road I'm taking doesn't have similar problems. I paid for the coilovers last week and just got detailed sketches of the mounts today. I wish I could share the sketches but they are not mine. I'm hoping that good things come to those who wait and to have real coilovers within a couple of weeks.

92 SVX
07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Here are the pics of my car on these coil overs.

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20lowerd%20on%20Coilovers%20%281%29.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20lowerd%20on%20Coilovers%20%282%29.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20lowerd%20on%20Coilovers%20%283%29.jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20lowerd%20on%20Coilovers%20%284%29.jpg
It may be too low at the moment, when turning into my driveway (while the front tires are turned all the way) the front tires rub on the inner fender liner.

92 SVX
07-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh one thing to note my front swaybar is not connected atm. A threaded collar with mount point is being sent to me.
With the springs I chose it corners near flat though.

WYOSVX
07-20-2012, 03:22 PM
She's pretty!

Lookin4SVX
07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
#1, Damn she looks nice!
#2, What size wheels and tires? That does look really low in that second pic.
#3, Go take a pic with the whole car in frame, I need moar desktops!

SVXMAN2001
07-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Most importantly, what's the ride quality like? Jarring? Are you feeling every bump, crack and deviation in the road?

92 SVX
07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
She's pretty!Thank you

#1, Damn she looks nice!
#2, What size wheels and tires? That does look really low in that second pic.
#3, Go take a pic with the whole car in frame, I need moar desktops!
Wheels and tires 18" by 8" wide 48 offset with 225/40/18
I will take more pics and hopefully in more scenic places when I can(though I think I will be washing her very well first :p) if you want the full size pic.

Most importantly, what's the ride quality like? Jarring? Are you feeling every bump, crack and deviation in the road?

Take this with this grain of salt I actually like the firmer ride what I think is good handling you may think is jarring.

I feel some bumps like the manhole covers but the rest is very mild.

SVXMAN2001
07-20-2012, 08:16 PM
You are probably right, I should have learned my lesson from the koni/gc setup which i find to be way too harsh and other members had stated it felt "firm", it's a subjective question.

Hopefully there will be a fellow member in the area that get's these and that way I can get a better feel for these.

Green1995SVX
07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
I haven't had time to install my coilovers yet, but when I ordered mine I specified that the ride be as close to stock as possible. It'll be interesting to see how it comes out.

halistan
07-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Ok, sold, can anyone tell me how I can get a set of these?

92 SVX
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM
OK a question for you guys.

You know how the front top plate has the slots going side to side(as the mount sits on the car) to adjust the tilt of the tires, camber adjustment I think? Well the rear top mount that slot is not side to side it is diagonally slotted forward and back are the others the same and if so what adjustment is that for?

Green1995SVX
07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
OK a question for you guys.

You know how the front top plate has the slots going side to side(as the mount sits on the car) to adjust the tilt of the tires, camber adjustment I think? Well the rear top mount that slot is not side to side it is diagonally slotted forward and back are the others the same and if so what adjustment is that for?

My rear top plates don't have camber adjustment. My fronts weren't supposed to either, but it seems I got it anyway.

Green1995SVX
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
My sway bar mounts came today. They look nice. Hopefully I'll have the suspension installed in the next few weeks or so.

dragoontwo
07-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Pics! 1234

92 SVX
07-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I received my endlink mount points in the mail few days ago as well, I already have my coil overs on and now I am looking for better endlinks so I will wait to put these on until I have the endlinks.
here though are some pics
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coil%20over%20endlink%20mount%20(1).jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coil%20over%20endlink%20mount%20(2).jpg
http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/SVX%20coil%20over%20endlink%20mount%20(3).jpg
It appears you just thread them on get them where you want them tighten the bolt to keep them stationary.

icingdeath88
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Looks like a good design.

Here's some cheap endlinks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FRONT-Sway-Bar-Links-Set-For-SUBARU-SVX-92-97-93-94-/220445397586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASVX&hash=item335391d252&vxp=mtr#ht_1689wt_1110

I have had them on my blue car for a few months now and they seem to be doing fine.

SVXRide
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Aluminum or steel? Hope they're steel.

Bill

svxcess
07-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Aluminum or steel? Hope they're steel.

PRAY that they are silver powdercoated steel.

92 SVX
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like a good design.

Here's some cheap endlinks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FRONT-Sway-Bar-Links-Set-For-SUBARU-SVX-92-97-93-94-/220445397586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASVX&hash=item335391d252&vxp=mtr#ht_1689wt_1110

I have had them on my blue car for a few months now and they seem to be doing fine.

maybe im over thinking it but I would rather get some stronger endlinks even if shorter, as it is I can adjust where to mount them so length wont be a problem shorter would even be better I would think.

the more effective the sway bar is the better the handling? right.
those thin stock links just seem too easy to lose sway bar effectiveness to me.

icingdeath88
07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
maybe im over thinking it but I would rather get some stronger endlinks even if shorter, as it is I can adjust where to mount them so length wont be a problem shorter would even be better I would think.

the more effective the sway bar is the better the handling? right.
those thin stock links just seem too easy to lose sway bar effectiveness to me.

I don't think there's anything to be gained with stronger endlinks without a much stronger sway bar. And with how stiff your springs are, you would have a hard time telling the difference if you took off the front sway bar. Also, you want the sway bar ends where the endlinks attach to be at the spot they normally would stock, because otherwise, they might come into contact with with other stuff when you go over bumps and whatnot. Don't try solve a problem that doesn't exist, you're just going to create actual problems.

aust92pearl
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
mini cooper rear end links for front sway bar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-Links-with-Boots-Mini-Cooper-2002-12-/190690718917?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACooper&hash=item2c660d74c5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-11-Mini-Cooper-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-Links-/120678569332?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1900d574&vxp=mtr

92 SVX
07-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't think there's anything to be gained with stronger endlinks without a much stronger sway bar. And with how stiff your springs are, you would have a hard time telling the difference if you took off the front sway bar. Also, you want the sway bar ends where the endlinks attach to be at the spot they normally would stock, because otherwise, they might come into contact with with other stuff when you go over bumps and whatnot. Don't try solve a problem that doesn't exist, you're just going to create actual problems.

For the moment that is what I effectively have, I removed the endlinks and the bar is just sitting not connected to anything.
And while as you say the springs compensate I found today that on a powered U turn my front would rather push then make the turn I think the swaybar would help with that.
even on the stock springs before I never felt that amount of push as I did today:eek:

92 SVX
07-27-2012, 05:53 PM
mini cooper rear end links for front sway bar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-Links-with-Boots-Mini-Cooper-2002-12-/190690718917?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACooper&hash=item2c660d74c5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-11-Mini-Cooper-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-Links-/120678569332?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1900d574&vxp=mtr

I like that first one, damn I dont care for that price so much though :p

aust92pearl
07-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I like that first one, damn I dont care for that price so much though :p

i was going to buy some but i dont see any point when all my susp is stock :rolleyes: , maybe when i finally get some good susp il buy some

icingdeath88
07-27-2012, 06:19 PM
For the moment that is what I effectively have, I removed the endlinks and the bar is just sitting not connected to anything.
And while as you say the springs compensate I found today that on a powered U turn my front would rather push then make the turn I think the swaybar would help with that.
even on the stock springs before I never felt that amount of push as I did today:eek:

My point was that bigger endlinks will not help at all. The way the geometry is, all they have to do is not break when the ends are pulled on, and have good joints. With the coilovers, because the car stays flatter better, they are under even less stress. So nothing to be gained unless you have a bigger sway bar.

Do you have one of nevin's big rear swaybars? Because if not, that will make a big difference.

Huskymaniac
07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Out of necessity I am coming up to speed on the subject of struts. Can someone explain why it is so difficult to find simple inserts for our existing strut housing? Is there a dimension that is extremely rare? I would think range of motion and diameter are the only factors in fitting an insert. Damping factor obviously has an impact on performance but not fit. So if one doesn't want a super stiff strut insert, shouldn't there be lots of insert options?

Green1995SVX
07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
PRAY that they are silver powdercoated steel.

I'm pretty sure they're plastic. :rolleyes:

svxfiles
07-27-2012, 07:11 PM

GREAT! Less weight!

:rolleyes:

svxfiles
07-27-2012, 07:12 PM

Well spoken, well said.

Johnybeas
07-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Definitely awesome to see some more coilover options coming out. Can't wait to see the AMR coils as well.

92 SVX
07-28-2012, 02:05 AM
My point was that bigger endlinks will not help at all. The way the geometry is, all they have to do is not break when the ends are pulled on, and have good joints. With the coilovers, because the car stays flatter better, they are under even less stress. So nothing to be gained unless you have a bigger sway bar.

Do you have one of nevin's big rear swaybars? Because if not, that will make a big difference.

yup i have nevins bar on onee of if not the first of the teflon endlinks as well:p

icingdeath88
07-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Well spoken, well said.

Thank you, sir :)

SVXRide
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Yum, plastic! My front bar (okay, very much NOT stock) loves to eat weak attachment points...:rolleyes:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/SVXRide/26810.jpg

Bill

Green1995SVX
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Just to clarify, the "plastic" comment was me being a smart ass. They're not plastic.

svxfiles
07-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Just to clarify, the "plastic" comment was me being a smart ass. They're not plastic.

MIKE! :eek:
You?!:confused:
Sarcasm?!

Steel, or aluminum?:)

92 SVX
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Steel. Magnet sticks to them

Green1995SVX
08-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Steel. Magnet sticks to them

This. They appear to be silver or clear powdercoated steel.

svxcess
08-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Seems like it's taking just as long to get these installed as it did to finally get them made... :lol:

Huskymaniac
08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
How can/will we get a fair comparison between these and the AMR and Koni setups?

sunvalleyray
08-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I spoke with Andy from AMR on Monday and his first two sets of coil overs will be shipping within the next few weeks. I know where one set is going, hopefully both owners will post feedback.

Ray

SVXRide
08-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Mike,

You? No! :lol:

Comment received as intended. My real concern was aluminum vs steel.

Bill

steveherman
08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
How can/will we get a fair comparison between these and the AMR and Koni setups?

maybe nassir and i can compare.

92 SVX
08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
maybe nassir and i can compare.

Are you getting the AMR's?

what spring rates? I have the same spring rates as nassir so his koni/GC vs my taiwan coil overs may work, I want to drive back to tampa one of these days anyway :D

icingdeath88
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Lemme know, we can work something out.

92 SVX
08-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Mike in ocala wants those motor sport springs in a few weeks. At that time i will likely drive them down I'll call or txt then

steveherman
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Are you getting the AMR's?

what spring rates? I have the same spring rates as nassir so his koni/GC vs my taiwan coil overs may work, I want to drive back to tampa one of these days anyway :D

Yes AMR ordered.
Spring rate he is recommending is 8k and 6k.
He said with his valving it wont be bad.
I may also order 4k and 5k ALSO.

Green1995SVX
08-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Seems like it's taking just as long to get these installed as it did to finally get them made... :lol:

John-

Please try to understand that many of us have full time jobs and responsibilities in life that take precedence over "SVX stuff." There was certainly a time in my life where I would have stayed up all night installing these as soon as I got them. Now I stay up all night doing paperwork.

halistan
09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I hope these come in soon. I'm itching to get them in the mail, but haven't heard from the guy in weeks. I hope that's a good sign