PDA

View Full Version : DC/Maryland/Virginia Members!

SVXRide
10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
As great as this site is when it comes to covering all things SVX, it still only exists on the Internet and lacks the face-to-face element that is at the heart of the SVX community. Many of us on the East Coast can remember different Reading events, autoX events in Cumberland, MD with associated great times at Tom and Di's place, Subaru-sponsored autoX at Ripken field, and random drag race-related get togethers in MD (OT-organized) and NJ (YT-organized). I'd like to see if we can jump start the in-person aspect of the D.C.-MD-VA part of the larger SVX community. First step is to identify the members in the DMV and where they're located.

I'll go first --

1. SVXRide (Bill) - Dunkirk, MD (about 15 minutes south of 495 off of Rte 4/Pennsylvania Avenue).

svxcess
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM

SVXRide (Bill) - Dunkirk, MD (about 15 minutes south of 495 off of Rte 4/Pennsylvania Avenue).
svxcess (John) - Westminster, MD (about 8 miles south of PA line off Rte 97)

SVXRide
10-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks, John. Wonder where all the D.C/MD/VA SVXers are?:confused:

-Bill

Hocrest
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Bill, don't you have a dance/soccer/play/art show that weekend???

We don't live in DMV but we've participated in events down there.

- Dave (Hocrest) Pittston, PA
- Melissa (Subbyru89) Pittston, PA

SVXRide
10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Bill, don't you have a dance/soccer/play/art show that weekend???

We don't live in DMV but we've participated in events down there.

- Dave (Hocrest) Pittston, PA
- Melissa (Subbyru89) Pittston, PA

Dave,
Touche! Austin is now in his second year of college, and the oldest daughter is a senior this year - looking at colleges. So, this just leaves the youngest daughter....who's soccer team I'm the assistant coach for. Yeah, I'm looking to get back into the SVX mix. I was thinking about maintenance meets, maybe drag racing at Capitol, general cruises, ??
-Bill

jellybytes2
10-03-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm always up for meets. I drive 200 miles/day as it is so there isn't much in this area that is outside of what I consider local. Last week I dropped by my sister-in-law in DC after work, only about 20 miles further than heading home.

Home is near Wilkes Barre, work is near Philly.Delaware County.

Also FYI the subaru 48 hours drive is heading south in 2012 covering NJ, DE, VA, check out 48hrs.info

SVXRide
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Okay, looks like we only have two SVX owners in the states of Maryland and Virginia and the "would like to be a state" of D.C.?

Wondering if anyone is interested in caravaning up to the Cumberland autoX this month?

-Bill

Hocrest
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Maybe folks just read the title and thought you were looking for people that like to hang in in state offices?

ridered777
10-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Ditto, Hocrest. I thought he was looking for state workers to help get a discounts on car registration/license renewal... ;)

SVXRide
10-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Agreed! I'm waiting on Earl to change the thread title for me ;)

-Bill

SVXRide
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Earl!
Thanks for changing the thread title!

Now, where are all the SVX owners in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area? :cool:

-Bill

sicksubie
10-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I could be considered a potential member for this area as I might be moving down to the Northern VA area in a few years.

SVXMAN2001
10-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I live in Fairfax,VA...there's another svxer in DC but they aren't the type to attend a meet...

svxfiles
10-28-2011, 07:48 AM
"DC/Maryland/Virginia Members! "
I guess being 2.6 miles outside of Maryland (The Gun Ban State)excludes me from the mix.:(

-SVXRide (Bill) - Dunkirk, MD (about 15 minutes south of 495 off of Rte 4).
-svxcess (John) - Westminster, MD (about 8 miles south of PA line off Rte 97)
- Dave (Hocrest)- Pittston, PA
- Melissa (Subbyru89)- Pittston, PA
-jellybytes2- Wilkes Barre
-sicksubie- Holden Massachusetts
-SVXMAN2001- Fairfax,VA
-svxfiles- Wiley Ford WV:p

Ron Mummert
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Some of you know I exited the congested 'burbs of Bawl'mer for the peace & quiet of SW Virginny, a suburb of North Carolina. Still....it's VA, only 4 hours from Tom's estate.

Ron.

SVXyGirl
12-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm in Frederick. Not far from DC or Bmore.

newsvx
12-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Bill,
I have not been on the site much over the last year - long story! - but I'm here now and saw your thread. For those that don't know, I am in Winchester, VA, and I'm up for a meet, for sure!

So how are you, Bill? You haven't made it to any of our autocrosses yet. Would like to see the black beast running again!! If you can get out to Winchester, give a call and we'll set something up!! Lots of beer in the fridge in a "heated" garage!!!

Harry

SVXRide
12-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Bill,
I have not been on the site much over the last year - long story! - but I'm here now and saw your thread. For those that don't know, I am in Winchester, VA, and I'm up for a meet, for sure!

So how are you, Bill? You haven't made it to any of our autocrosses yet. Would like to see the black beast running again!! If you can get out to Winchester, give a call and we'll set something up!! Lots of beer in the fridge in a "heated" garage!!!

Harry

Harry,

Definitely need to catch up, my friend! Need to get the beast running - right now I'm waiting for a piece of 3" dia tubing to be cut/welded so I can tie the new intake system together. Next step will be to hook up the wide band so I can put the instrument cluster back together. This will get it back in running condition, with an assortment of other non-essential activities to follow (HID low beams, new horns, replace front fenders, clean up rear fenders...)

-Bill

newsvx
12-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Harry,

Definitely need to catch up, my friend! Need to get the beast running - right now I'm waiting for a piece of 3" dia tubing to be cut/welded so I can tie the new intake system together. Next step will be to hook up the wide band so I can put the instrument cluster back together. This will get it back in running condition, with an assortment of other non-essential activities to follow (HID low beams, new horns, replace front fenders, clean up rear fenders...)

-Bill

So when are you driving it out this way??:lol:

Things are going fairly well out west, here. Just staying way too busy working with Habitat, Food Bank and the like ... And of course, there's that little 3 year old granddaughter too - what fun! But I am exhausted after looking after her for a few hours! Oh, to have that kind of energy!

We must get together after the Holidays, Bill .......

Harry

SVXRide
12-18-2011, 08:10 PM
So when are you driving it out this way??:lol:

Things are going fairly well out west, here. Just staying way too busy working with Habitat, Food Bank and the like ... And of course, there's that little 3 year old granddaughter too - what fun! But I am exhausted after looking after her for a few hours! Oh, to have that kind of energy!

We must get together after the Holidays, Bill .......

Harry

Harry,

I'm hoping to get it running over the holiday break, based on getting the tubing back from the welding shop.:rolleyes:

My DD is now a 2004 Honda Accord V6 Coupe (black, of course) that the kids tell me looks a lot like the SVX (actually faster, stock v stock). Might just drive it out your way to visit. Just give me a call!

-Bill

ZoraSVX
08-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Proudly adding my name to this (outdated?) list and reviving an old thread!

-SVXMAN2001- Fairfax,VA
-svxfiles- Wiley Ford WV
-ZoraSVX (Lenny) - Rockville, MD

SvXit
10-13-2020, 09:58 AM
Proudly adding my name to this (outdated?) list and reviving an old thread!

-SVXMAN2001- Fairfax,VA
-svxfiles- Wiley Ford WV
-ZoraSVX (Lenny) - Rockville, MD

Well, hopefully one of these meets will be able to take place next year.

LarryIII
10-13-2020, 07:32 PM
How come everyone forgets about DE. We may be tiny but we're not small. Count Rosie & me in any in person SVX meets. We have even been to the Annapolis Subaru Meets a few times. :lol:

ZoraSVX
10-17-2020, 02:01 PM
How come everyone forgets about DE. We may be tiny but we're not small. Count Rosie & me in any in person SVX meets. We have even been to the Annapolis Subaru Meets a few times. :lol:

DC/Maryland/Virginia + LarryIII :-)