PDA

View Full Version : New 2002 Subaru SVX!

1994SubaruSVX
06-11-2001, 09:01 AM
Get off your ass Subaru and bring us another SVX! I am going to use this post as a forum for my frustration with Subaru. I saw a picture of the new Brat. It is hideous. If Subaru was going to bring a car back from the ashes into glory it should have been the beloved SVX. It really pisses me off that the best looking car they ever made is all but denied existence. GIVE ME A NEW 2002 SVX!!!:mad:

Aredubjay
06-11-2001, 09:56 AM
Rumor has it that the "new" SVX is coming for the 2K3 model year.

eddycat2000
06-11-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Rumor has it that the "new" SVX is coming for the 2K3 model year.

:D :D :D Got that straight from Road and Track didn't ya?:D :D :D

Mr. Pockets
06-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
If Subaru was going to bring a car back from the ashes into glory it should have been the beloved SVX. It really pisses me off that the best looking car they ever made is all but denied existence. GIVE ME A NEW 2002 SVX!!!:mad:

I think you'd find that the Subaru is probably better-known for the Brat, they probably sold more, and probably made a profit, to boot.

Is the SVX the finest car Subaru ever built? Absolutely. Do people think of the SVX when they hear the word 'Subaru?' Nope.

Aredubjay
06-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

:D :D :D Got that straight from Road and Track didn't ya?:D :D :D

Now don't start up with me today. It's too early in the week. :D:D:D

joeaux
06-11-2001, 11:54 AM
I hate to bring in bad news but I doubt very seriously that Subaru will debut a new SVX. Very doubtful. I know, I've read the rumors too, but they are just that, rumors. In 2003 the WRX STi is coming here. Nice car, very nice. I'll believe in the new SVX when I see one (same as bigfoot, flying saucers, and the factory Turbo SVX). Just look how many years there was a rumor of the WRX coming here. It finally did, many years later, so there is HOPE.
-joe-

Aredubjay
06-11-2001, 12:00 PM
Truthfully, I hope they don't. I think any attempt at trying to create a car that would be comparable would be a meager attempt, at best. There would have to be so many "sacrifices" made to appeal to the demo/psychographics of today that no matter what "badge" they place on it, it would not be an SVX. My .02 and change.

1994SubaruSVX
06-11-2001, 12:46 PM
what i am getting at is that subaru had a nice foundation to build from and they blew it. now they are selling mini-sport utes....whoopee...those are exciting!

WestCoastSVX
06-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Personally, I hope the rumors are not true. For one, Aredub is right, too many sacrifices would have to be made to cater to the masses. It would just be another WRX with a SVX badge, nothing from the original SVX platform would carry over. I doubt there would be much to gain by resurrecting the SVX name, and those of us that do still honor it would be disgraced to see it put on a different type of car. Nothing wrong with the WRX or anything else Subaru has out right now, they are just different cars. I would rather the SVX be remembered for what it is now (even if only by a few of us) and not turned into something it is not. (Of course this is possible, look at Chevy resurrecting almost all of it's 60's muscle car names in the last decade in economy sedan form)

Also, perhaps I am being a little selfish, but I like the fact that there are not that many SVX's out there and I have one of them! I like the uniqueness of this car and the looks it gets, and the fact that few cars can match its combination of features even today. If Subaru somehow did manage to pull off a new SVX with all the same aspects of the original, we'd lose some of that exclusivity, not to mention all of our cars would suddenly become outdated. Now I've never been one to care about having the "latest and greatest", (obviously) but there is a little sense of pride in knowing my '92 LS-L is for all basic purposes identical to the last '97 SVX ever built.

Perhaps I'm just being selfish, just my $ .02 :)

1994SubaruSVX
06-12-2001, 01:15 PM
just realistic i guess. you would think that anyone with common sense could look at the svx and see how awesome the car is. i think the window in a window design is brilliant. if they brought an svx out based on the legacy platform and gave it a big hp pumping h-6 with a solid transmission and the option for manual the car would sell it's ass off and it would take nothing away from the originals we have. mitsu based their new eclipse off the galant chasis and it worked perfectly. if suby would only understand that the svx just had bad timing and that it was not a bad car i would be happy. owning an svx in the suby world just makes me feel like a red-headed stepchild, the black sheep, you get the picture. i think they could make improvements and i would like them to give it a try. if it followed the lines of our svx and continued the trend of having a strong n/a powerplant, kept the window in a window, and the dual exhaust.....i would be happy. :D

joeaux
06-12-2001, 01:53 PM
They don't need to use the SVX name. Have you ever seen a Legacy Blitzen? God beautiful Subaru. And hauls ass too. We just couldn't get it here. Figures.
-joe-

1994SubaruSVX
06-12-2001, 02:06 PM
is it a two door? i will not drive a four door.

nubs
06-12-2001, 05:00 PM
It is a 4 door but I would still drive one based on it's performance alone. Although I do like the looks also.

Check it out.

tober76b
06-12-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by nubsjr
It is a 4 door but I would still drive one based on it's performance alone. Although I do like the looks also.

Check it out.

i'll take one. i hate getting out of the car to let the person in the back seat out (quite acceptable with my svx though) -- four doors and performance is definitely what i prefer.
toby

Aredubjay
06-12-2001, 11:16 PM
Looks like another rally car, dressed in its Sunday clothes to me. El paso for this guy.

zsvx
06-13-2001, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Looks like another rally car, dressed in its Sunday clothes to me. El paso for this guy. Yes, that's why it's so sexy :D

Kinda looks like a Lancer EVO crossed with some sort of Lexus sedan to me.

Seraph
06-13-2001, 01:37 AM
From what I have learnt from the SOA and the dealers in Chicagoland, Subaru and FHI is not comming up with a new SVX. However, their legacy is due for remodelling in 2005 in the US. They ARE comming out with the new 2 door legacy in 03ish but may delay that till they redesign the whole legacy group. The new legacy will not have the famous window in window feature.

I have not seen any blue print yet and if i do get my hands on the blue (or red -- after beating up the security guard at the FHI's design center) prints, I will post them online for you all.

As for the interior, the climate control and what not, they already have the SVX style climate control on the LL Bean editions and what not and they "may" include them in the new legacy.

my 2 cents worth and what the SOA and dealers told me.

Lwin

paddlesnz
06-13-2001, 04:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nubsjr
[B]It is a 4 door but I would still drive one based on it's performance alone. Although I do like the looks also.

Also available as a wagon and the wagon is more popular here than the sedan version.

As for new Subaru models here in Japan, the next two new models will be rebadged GM Opel's. First one due early next year.

paddlesnz
Gunma
JAPAN

1994SubaruSVX
06-13-2001, 02:23 PM
but i dont like four door cars, i dont care what the performance capabilities are. the two door legacy will be interesting.....cant wait to see what that will look like.:)