PDA

View Full Version : Selling the Turbo SVX - Please help me find it a good home!

Phast SVX
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi all,

Well with my daughter Elise turning one this week and a new van for the wife, it is finally time I bid farewell to my life's work. With a high level of confidence I can tell you this is one of the only successfully turbocharged SVX's out there that truly runs well and is built right.

I am asking $3500 obo. Its a freaking steal, both in raw parts and labors of love. I hope to find it a good home with someone who will enjoy it, rather then end up breaking it down for parts (which will no doubt yield more). The build, ongoing fun, and more pictures then you could dream of are on the site, but I will be posting up in the for sale section with a formal overview.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or call Phil at 608-712-1906 and I can tell you about it in more detail.

Best Regards,
Phil Gantz
Madison, WI

SVXRide
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Phil,

Were you able to retain the AC when you went with your turbo?

Thanks.

-Bill

Phast SVX
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I did not retain the A/C. Its not really possible. The issue lies in the passenger side hoses being right where the goodies have to be.

Also - It has a loud passenger rear wheel bearing.

peace-frog
05-08-2011, 10:33 PM
sent you a pm definitely interested and in wi

1986nate
05-09-2011, 10:22 AM
sent you a pm definitely interested and in wi

Go ahead and get it Keven... Definitely money well spent :)

Phast SVX
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I am currently holding the car for Keven to look at on Sunday. Going to have to drive her to work to get one last cruise. It is gonna be hard, but if Keven decides to take it, it will be going to a good home. The other two of you, I will keep you updated and offer the car in order.
Regards,
Phil

svxfiles
05-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Ya know, if I had stayed with the job that I had back in 2001, and not quit, I could easily afford gems like yours, YT's, Mike CG's.
However there was a VERY high chance of me,
whats PC for freeking killing just everybody?
not getting along with others.
Yours is a historic SVX, and I would be proud to own her.
Tom

Chuckls
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
If it's still for sale come September and I get my college refund, I'd gladly fly my ass up there and drive it home :)

Phast SVX
05-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Ya know, if I had stayed with the job that I had back in 2001, and not quit, I could easily afford gems like yours, YT's, Mike CG's.
However there was a VERY high chance of me,
whats PC for freeking killing just everybody?
not getting along with others.
Yours is a historic SVX, and I would be proud to own her.
Tom

Tom,

That means a lot coming from you. It was a shame we never got to ra- I mean meet ;) I truly appreciate it.

Chuckles,

Thanks for the note of interest, and I will keep everyone updated here.

Best Regards,

Phil

Chuckls
05-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Just for ****s..can you pm me a few pics?

Phast SVX
05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Just for ****s..can you pm me a few pics?

Chuckls,

I have a ridiculous amount of pictures to peruse on the site (i know, its an addiction.) You can check my Old Locker (top right section, old locker, then Phast SVX) and for some more info on the build itself, advanced search from above to search for posts by me for all kinds of update pics, and check my How To section off the main thread list for the entire build process laid out in detail.

Regards,

Phil

Myxalplyx
05-12-2011, 10:00 AM
The car is in running condition right? I mean, it is drivable and all without issues?

Phast SVX
05-12-2011, 11:34 AM
The car is in running condition right? I mean, it is drivable and all without issues?

Oh absolutely, it drives really well.

It has a loud wheel bearing and could use some fresh bushings but the drivetrain is buttah

Phast SVX
05-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Well it is the end of an Era for this guy. Keven is on his way home right now with the only successfully turbocharged SVX known to man. It was hard to watch her drive away, but I can tell he will take good care, and look forward to seeing updates.

Green1995SVX
05-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Phil. I know this is probably a bittersweet day for you. I hope that the car is looked after as well as you looked after it.

Best of luck to the new owner!

httrdd
05-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I guess he is not doing his XT6 huh? I need vids of this beast!

svxfiles
05-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Phil,
I have spoken with Kevin and I know it is in good hands now!
He truely loves and respects the Brand!:)

zaueugen
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
are there any videos of this svx running?

1986nate
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
are there any videos of this svx running?

quite a few. Look through Phil's threads and there are quite a few he's put up on youtube. Once you find one video, just look for other video's by the same user...

Myxalplyx
06-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Phil,
I have spoken with Kevin and I know it is in good hands now!
He truely loves and respects the Brand!:)

Who's Kevin? Peace-Frog?

Nevermind......disregard my post. :o

1986nate
06-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Hopefully, I'll be able to check this car out on my way back from the east coast. Keven has gotten a few things taken care of the car and is more than eager to have me check it out. As am I, eager to take it for a drive.

svxfiles
06-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Who's Kevin? Peace-Frog?

Nevermind......disregard my post. :o

Hi Kevin,
:rolleyes:
I was actually referring to YOU when I made that statement.
Somehow,Vodka?.....
I was mistaken about who actually bought the car....
But let it be known that I was happy that you took the wheel,

evan if you did not....:confused:

peace-frog
06-08-2011, 12:51 AM
figured id throw a quick update in here for anyone who cares. when i got the car home it was leaking a bit of oil out of the cam seal so i took it to my mechanic to get it replaced. he replaced the seal and while backing off the ramp blew a brake line. he fixed that bled the brakes and was ready to take it for a test drive and the abs unit took a dump. i got a used one from supperu on here. got it installed and bam back on the road with no other issues besides the wheel bearing. i will try to keep updating in this thread or i suppose one of these days i will make a thread dedicated to my cars.