PDA

View Full Version : Reading 4 HOTEL INFO

svxcess
08-30-2002, 12:00 PM
I have received a quote from the Holiday Inn Lancaster for the Reading 4 meet. They are located one exit away from the Morgantown Holiday Inn. The rate they are quoting us is $49.00/night plus 11% tax for a total of $54.39/night. (As a reference, our price was $78.00/night plus tax last year.)

At present we are asking for between 20-25 rooms. Once the contract is finalized, you can to call 1-800-437-5711 and ask for the subaru SVX rate.

Here is their reply to me this morning:

Thank you for holding onto the information and letting me know your next meet. We would still be able to offer you the 49.00 plus 11% tax rate. As I said in last years note we have plenty of parking lot for you all to meet in.
For reference, the original message from last year explains how this all came to be.
Hi,

My name is John Hutchison and I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Lancaster County, which sits at exit 21 of the PA turnpike. I heard of your meet from my owner's brother in law Mike is going to be at your meet. I would like to offer the use of our parking lot which has the space for 40 tractor trailers so I believe we would have plenty of room for your group and with direct access to route 222 you can be on your way to either Reading and Lancaster with ease.

Jeff the hotel owner, who also is a owner of a SVX but can't attend, would like for me to offer your group a special rate of 49.00 plus 11% tax for the 5th, 6th or 7th at our Holiday Inn. If you would pass this along I would appreciate it.

Your group just needs to call 1-800-437-5711 and ask for the subaru SVX rate. If you are looking for a place for breakfast on the 7th we do run a breakfast buffet every Sunday.

Any questions on the hotel please visit www.holiday-inn.com/hi-lancaster I will be out of touch after tomorrow morning but will be back Saturday night if there is anything I can do for you.

John
Let me know your preferences and any questions or feedback you have before I ask for a contract. In a change from last year, they now have a restaurant, open for breakfast and dinner only, AND a bar.

LarryIII
08-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi All,

The Lancaster County Holiday Inn is located one exit west of the Morgantown PA exit on the PA Turnpike in Denver, PA.

There is a gas station across the street from it.

svx1999
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Hello All
hmm well EIther I"m late into this or just finding out.. So another SVX meet gets planned. After the Lafayette meet, I"m game for another. Just so long as it's not hotter then hell....

um I called the holiday Inn, and well, NO pets..

THis is a bummer... So if anyone comes by a place that DOES allow GOOD pets to stay... Lemme know..

This is important.. :(

SVX1999

ps..... someone ask the owner of the Hotel, there's an idea... Larry can vouch my dog eats few people. Barks even less.. And only goes where I go...

Green1995SVX
09-02-2002, 09:53 PM
There are a couple other hotels in the immediate area. We will look into their policies on pets. I'm sure we'll get something worked out. :)

-Mike

svx1999
09-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Thanks Mike..
Where you at the Lafayette Meet this summer?
I might remember you... Between the long trip and slight dehydration it's possible:)

Thanks again for looking into other possiblities. oh.....
I was checking out the Subaru SVX .ORG site..
um where did this site come from out of the blue.???

or maybe I need a new set of contacts...

SVX1999( Ryan)

There may be a picture somewhere of me in the summer meet, I don't know..

Boone
09-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by svx1999
...or maybe I need a new set of contacts...

Ryan, could be... ;)

Green1995SVX
09-02-2002, 11:49 PM
Thanks Mike..
Where you at the Lafayette Meet this summer?
I might remember you... Between the long trip and slight dehydration it's possible:)

Thanks again for looking into other possiblities. oh.....
I was checking out the Subaru SVX .ORG site..
um where did this site come from out of the blue.???

or maybe I need a new set of contacts...

SVX1999( Ryan)

There may be a picture somewhere of me in the summer meet, I don't know..

I was at the meet. I was the well dressed kid with the green one. :D ;)

As far as the org site, I launched that at the end of Feb 02. It was designed to be a companion to this site. I would make a trip to the eye doctor soon, maybe you need to change your prescription! :D

-Mike

svx1999
09-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I was at the meet. I was the well dressed kid with the green one. :D ;)

As far as the org site, I launched that at the end of Feb 02. It was designed to be a companion to this site. I would make a trip to the eye doctor soon, maybe you need to change your prescription! :D

-Mike

Well dressed kid with the Green one... Oh this doesn't help me much.. I remember Halston and many others. If you were out in the parking lot on those HOT humid nights I might remember you.

Well dressed doesn't help much:) everyone was nice, decently dressed and they all had really cool taste in cars.. :D

guess U know who I am:) thanks again.. SHould have brought something for folks to sign.. U know the eye Dr sent me one of those remindes.... blah blah it's been years blha blah, I"ll get around to it sooner or later.

SVX1999

Green1995SVX
09-03-2002, 04:56 PM

Well dressed kid with the Green one... Oh this doesn't help me much.. I remember Halston and many others. If you were out in the parking lot on those HOT humid nights I might remember you.

Well dressed doesn't help much:) everyone was nice, decently dressed and they all had really cool taste in cars.. :D

guess U know who I am:) thanks again.. SHould have brought something for folks to sign.. U know the eye Dr sent me one of those remindes.... blah blah it's been years blha blah, I"ll get around to it sooner or later.

SVX1999

I didnt remember who you were at first but now i do. I just put 2 and 2 together with the dog thing. :)

-Mike

svxcess
09-05-2002, 09:01 AM
I just got off the phone with Helen, the Group sales Manager for the *ORIGINAL* Morgantown holiday Inn (Home of the last 3 Reading meets)

I told her of the offer I received from the other Holiday Inn in Denver, PA. I wanted to see if we could get some sort of reduction from the $78.00 rate we had last year (Sort of a frequent flyer thing)

She can offer us the rooms for 63.00/night plus tax ($15.00 less than last year)

I need some feedback please. Although the other Holiday Inn is $14.00/night cheaper, it is an unknown as far as rooms, restaurant, service, etc. Attendees to Readings past know the Morgantown Holiday Inn. There is something to be said for familiarity and, more importantly, tradition.

The other Holiday Inn seems to have their parking lots at different elevations, due to the slope of their location.

mohrds
09-05-2002, 09:24 AM
I fear change...

I like the novelty of staying at the same place, but the other hotel actually has an SVX fanatic there. That's gotta give extra points.

Decisions, decisions.

I guess I'll flip a coin and vote for going with with the new place.

Is someone close enough to check out both places and tell us which is cleaner, more friendly, and has the best stocked bar?

Doug

Green1995SVX
09-05-2002, 10:34 AM
The "new" location is not so unknown as Joe (NuVission) has been there to check out the facilities, and knows the area well. (He lives about 200 yards from the hotel.) There is a large truck parking lot that is more than adiquate for our group. If you have any other concerns regarding this location, Im sure joe can go down there with a digital camera and document the facilities for us.

There is also many more resuraunts and other hotels surrounding the new location.

Mike

NuVission
09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Here is some of the hotel information concerning the people who have pets. There are 2 other hotels that are just across the street. The Black Horse Lodge & Suites (Motel) (http://travel.yahoo.com/p/hotel/375870) allows pets and is a nice motel. Comfort Inn (http://travel.yahoo.com/p/hotel/381961) also allows pets. I still have to check on the host hotel but i don't believe that they allow pets at the Holiday Inn but i will get back to everyone on that one. If people are interested..I would be more the happy to take pictures of all of the hotels and post them, i realize some people are more visually inclined like myself.

Green1995SVX
09-23-2002, 09:32 PM
The host hotel (holiday inn) does not allow pets. :) Thanks so much for being our eyes and ears in dever, Joe!

Mike

LarryIII
09-24-2002, 04:31 AM
Mike,

Randy (Aredub) has a pet in his SVX. It goes to all the meets. He needs a motel that is zebra friendly.
He also has a pair of fuzzy dice but they can stay in his car overnight. :D :D :D :D

svx1999
09-24-2002, 07:47 AM
Thanks to all those that looked in to Pet friendly places to stay.
I'm a bit confused now, but a little more reading should fix that.
Just not sure where everyone is staying.. Denver, Morgonton. or what.. Since I do not live there, I am somewhat at a disadvantage here. I have no idea where either one is really=)

either way sounds Fine.. I expect most to stay where ever they can grab the best deal. Plus there are some nice offers on room rates that just cant' be beat with a stick.

Lemme know when a Place is agreed on..
I agree with Green (mike) the sooner the better..

As then, the other planning can continue. April will sneak up quickly.

SVX1999

svxcess
09-24-2002, 02:46 PM
I just got off the phone with John Hutchinson, General manager of the Lancaster (Denver) Holiday Inn.

I am having him send me a contract for a block of 40 rooms for the Reading 4 meet (since we have 40 members already signed up at this point)

The block of rooms is guaranteed at a flat rate of 49.00 per room per night, plus 11% tax (Total of $54.39/night)

Each room is a non-smoking room with 2 full beds.

All reservations should be made directly with the Hotel, with reference to the Subaru SVX Club. The code is 7RDNG. The rooms are reserved for Friday night, April 11, and Saturday night, April 12.

The hotel phone number is (800) 437-5711. Their website is http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/h/d/hi/hd/EPRPA;jsessionid=51GIXG5W2UUCRJICRYZSHPVFAKHDIIY4? _franchisee=EPRPA&_requestid=71102

Any of the rooms in this block not reserved by March 11, 2003 were released. (If you happen to make reservations after this date they will still honor the club rate IF rooms were still available.)

As Reading 4 gets closer I can contact the Holiday Inn again with the particular requirements or modifications

svxcess
10-07-2002, 11:42 AM
As stated earlier, the group rate is $49.00/night plus tax for two double beds (1-4 people/room)

The only upgrade is to a room with one king bed at a group rate of $54.00/night plus tax.($59.94/night total) The manager is reserving 5 of those rooms for the club.

They will try to keep all the rooms in the block as close to each other as possible.

LarryIII
10-08-2002, 05:44 PM
John,

I played hookey from work today. The Naviguesser and I drove up to PA Dutch coutry in the 97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX.

We stopped in at the Lancaster (Denver, Pa.) Holiday Inn. We checked out the rooms. They are ok there are 2 double beds in the room. The bathroom is small. The upper parking lot is large enough to hold about 75 SVXes with room to spare.

There is a meeting room which we can get for $125- plus 6% tax.

There is a gas station across the street from the motel.

We are thinking of staying Friday and Saturday nights, even though we live only an hour and fifteen minutes from the Holiday Inn.

NJSVX
10-11-2002, 12:11 PM
When is the meet? I might be able to get out for a day and meet everyone.

Thanks,
Adam

Aredubjay
10-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by NJSVX
When is the meet? I might be able to get out for a day and meet everyone.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,
Folks will arrive on April 11, meet on the 12th, and say farewell on the 13th. We'd love to have ya!

NJSVX
10-11-2002, 02:09 PM
I'll see what I can do. Looks like a real possability!

Thanks,
Adam